[GUIDE] Cooking With The Ultimate Online Theme (UOT) Kitchen

Search This thread
cu6dthq

*If you find this Guide Thread helpful, feel free to hit the "thanks" button below!

The Android OS is a highly customizable system, we all know that. The preferred way by the majority to customize Android are the launchers, or by flashing a custom ROM. When you use a modified ROM, like CyanogenMod, customization options are expanded through options that do not exist in the original ROM. However, to customize the overall look like system icons, status bar, window transition effects an others things, it starts getting a bit more limited… or rather, it was. You must be thinking, "But there are dozens of themes to customize them." Yes, there are, but these themes leave your Atrix 2 with the aesthetic preferences of the creator of the theme, and not yours! You can not change individual parts of the themes, without some extensive knowledge of editing .xml files and so on. So, I present the solution for maximizing the customization of your Atrix 2, the UOT Kitchen.

"Kitchen? But, we will customize android or cooking a tasty casserole?" Well, this is more or less the same. Let’s cook, but not a casserole, but our ROM. And the ingredient list is quite varied, including battery icons, system menus, boot animations, fonts, and others. In the end, you will put the "ingredients" in the "oven" and wait for your finished version of your customized ROM to cook. Confused? See the tutorial and you will understand. UOT is an online theme configuration tool, or Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen. Due to differences in ROMs your cooking time may need to be adjusted. Be prepared, it will take at least a half an hour of your time. Be careful, if you accidentally click the wrong link, your work will be lost. If, for some reason, there are any problems encountered through your own experiences, let me know, and I will find out how to answer them or bring resolution to them.​

Prerequisites & Comments:

• To use this application, you must have root access on your Atrix 2
  • You need a basic understanding of the Android file system for this process
  • You current ROM's SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk and twframework.apk
    • framework-res.apk: system/framework
    • SystemUI.apk: system/app
    • twframework.apk: system/framework
  • The processes I will overview may be different if you are using another ROM or another phone.

Kitchen features:

• Battery mod for ICS ROMs (NEW!)
  • Notification window for qhd/hdpi/mdpi/ldpi ROMs (NEW!)
  • Boot animations for qhd/hdpi/mdpi/ldpi ROMs (NEW!)
  • Flashing folders for system files
  • Additional patch to fix images
  • Custom battery for MIUI ROM
  • Settings download/upload
  • Support for Touch Wiz ROMs
  • Quick settings tab
  • Lock screen pattern
  • Lock screen lens style
  • Lock screen rotating style
  • Lock screen sliding tabs
  • Lock screen icons
  • Custom loading circle
  • Custom list dividers
  • Notification window for hdpi/mdpi/ldpi ROMs
  • Pull down background animation
  • Volume and Download bar customization
  • Flashing script for Data++ ROMs
  • Popup customizing
  • Support for stock odexed ROMs
  • Support for GB ROMs with Sense
  • Optional Theme preview
  • Over scroll glowing
  • Font packs
  • Supporting Theme Chooser for CM7 ROMs
  • Enable transparency in status bar for GB ROMs
  • Supporting Gingerbread ROMs
  • Edify and Amend installation script
  • Supporting hdpi and mdpi ROMs
  • Patch9 images auto-fix
  • Super Circle Battery with %, version [A-P]
  • Custom style battery, version Z
  • Themed icons for status bar
  • Uni-color icons
  • Customizable notification drop-down window
  • Boot animation changer
  • Corrected files for popular ROMs/themes
  • Showing battery % while charging
  • Custom charging animations
  • Windows animations
  • Icons for Notification Power Buttons

Access site: UOT Kitchen: http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

Sometimes, when you access the site it says it’s full. The site has a limit of active orders, so be patient, wait a few minutes and try again.

hourly_zpsfd19f998.png

Choosing Ingredients:

By accessing the site, you will see many options for customization. I will explain each one.

To use the option, click it and check "Use this mod".​

Battery:

To change the battery icons. There are two options:

• SCB with %: Choose a package, with icons for current status of the battery, battery charging, no batteries, etc.
  • Custom battery: Choose individual icons for current battery status, battery charging, no batteries, etc. Choose your options and click "Generate Preview".

Icons:

To change system icons, menus, status bar, etc.

• Themed Icons Set: packages of pre-defined icons. You can choose which icons you will use each package.
  • Custom Uni-color Icons: Icons packages of only one color. You can choose a package and change the color of the icons and background.

Status Bar:

To change the status bar and window notifications. You can change the background color, transparency level, font, font color, font size, etc.

Caution:

• Select the correct resolution!

Popup:

To change effects of over-scrolling, alerts, volume bar, download bar, menus and dividers charging indicator (one that is running while something is being loaded). You can choose colors, glow effects, styles, etc.​

Lock screen:

To change the lock screen. You can choose the style of the buttons (slider, rotary, etc.). And themes to them; colors, what options will be available at lock screen, etc.

Caution:

Window:

Effects and animations of windows and menus. You can choose effects like slide, unfold, turn page, scroll, etc.​

Fonts:

To choose the font to be used in the system.​

Boot animation:

To change boot animation.

Caution:

• Select the correct path to boot animation!

Okay, now that you’ve chosen the "ingredients", we will prepare and put them in the oven!

Cooking:

Select "File Upload". Here you need to set some options and send some files from your phone to be modified according to your choices.

First, it is highly recommended to perform a full backup of your current ROM. If you want to modify the "Popup", you will need to upload the file "framework-res.apk." To do this, using the Root Explorer app (or another app of your choice), go to "system/framework/" and copy "framework-res.apk" to the SD card. If you want to change the "Status Bar", you will need to upload the file "SystemUI.apk." To do this, go to "system/app/" and copy "SystemUI.apk" to the SD card. Now, copy the two files from your SD card to your computer.​

Now, let's look at the site options:

• Select flash-able zip scripting: You can use the ROM manager or the CWM to transfer your changes. But that depends on a script that varies according to the ROM and the device you are using.
  • Flashing folder for system files: Defines where the files will be transferred in your phone. Select "/system/framework" and "/system/app" respectively.
  • Patch9 auto fix: leave this option selected.
  • Theme Chooser preview: Optional. If you select it, will generate a preview in the Theme Chooser.
  • Kitchen’s settings (optional): Here you can download a file containing the current settings UOT Kitchen, or upload a file to a previous configuration that you have already done.
  • Select your ROM from kitchen’s list, or upload your own files: Check "Upload System Files" and upload the files "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" into the right place.

Let's begin, with a more "visual" tutorial, shall we?

Before you even load the Kitchen, create a temporary folder for your work. Place a copy of your ROM on your desktop or other location fro easy access. Use 7zip (or whatever) to unzip it here. You'll see why in a moment. Now, fire up the Kitchen...​

Pre-Themeing Checklist:

You will need the ROM you're trying to theme, 7zip (or a comparable compression utility), and a notepad (any will do). Also, it helps to have a clear idea of what you want to create. There are a lot of options in the kitchen, and if you don't know what you're after it's easy to get bogged down.​

When you start the Kitchen you will see this:

Workspace1_002_zpscf6f7c36.png

Breakdown of the Kitchen:

The Kitchen is broken up into tabs, like a browser. Let's start with the tab labeled "Battery". In every mod of the Kitchen there is a check box, to select whether to use it or not. Select the check box if you want to theme the battery indicator. There really isn't a lot to this, you can use any combination of icons and settings without issue, except do not use any settings for MIUI.

Workspace1_008_zpsbef43933.png

If you happen to notice that the preview hasn't been rendered, that happens quite a bit, so you need to be patient. Also note that the color selections are in hex format. This is where the Notepad++ (Windows) or Leafpad (or other for Linux) comes in. I usually use three colors in my themes, a main as well as one a bit lighter and one a bit darker. Note the hex codes for your colors with the notepad, for easy copy and paste operations. This way you will have consistent colors across your theme. Like so:

Workspace1_011_zpsde8d2492.png

The reason I use three shades per theme is for the pop ups, volume bars, and sliders. All of these options will let you use three or more colors. I like to assign the darkest shade for the top and bottom colors, and the lightest for the center in my volume bars. This creates a touch of a 3D illusion.

Now feel free to go wild with the modules of the kitchen, but two warnings:
  • Do not use an animated background for the notification area. This will crash the status bar, and you'll have no notifications.
  • Be careful when selecting the place for your boot animation.

Workspace1_005_zps43660ba1.png

We now have a Cyanogenmod-based ROM. Choosing the wrong location will result in a boot animation that can't be changed later (without jumping through a bunch of hoops! Solution at the bottom of the post.) One other thing, there are places in the Kitchen that need to know if your phone is HDPI, MDPI, or LDPI. After you are satisfied with your work, go to the file upload tab.

Workspace1_006_zpsf0dc05e6.png

Don't be intimidated by settings you don't understand, just set them like mine (if they aren't already, these are the defaults). You will need to upload two files, that's why we chose the unzipped ROM back at the beginning. For the framework-res.apk, you will find it in /system/framework, for SystemUI.apk, you will find it in /system/apps. You also have the option of downloading your settings to a file. This makes for easy updating in the future. If you forget to save your settings, don't panic. Look inside your UOT .zip file with 7zip, and you'll find it in the folder called (what else?) /settings. Once those are uploaded you can go to the summary tab. Everything should be green or white like so:

Workspace1_007_zps5b29ff38.png

Now, let’s put the recipe in the oven. Select the "Summary" tab and make sure all the options you chose are green. If any are red, return the corresponding tab and do the necessary corrections. If everything is correct, click "Submit work to kitchen". Will be generated a protocol number. Keep this number, you will need it to identify your order when it is ready. Orders can take some minutes to several hours to get ready, depending on the traffic order on the site and the amount of changes you requested. Please be patient. Go to the top "Pickup" tab and follow the progress of orders. Once your ready, download it. (the orders will be stored on site for a maximum of 12 hours. After that, they are deleted). Now you can use your preferred method to transfer files to your Atrix2, using the flash method (ROM Manager / CWM) or extract files from ZIP and transfer manually (Root Explorer or another).​

Now you are ready to click submit. You should see something like this:

ordernumber_zps4d82295a.png

General Tips:

• It's easy to go overboard. Think of the impact of not just the preview you're looking at, but of all of your customizations at once. Sometimes a little goes a long way.
  • If you are working on several themes at the same time, make note of the UOT number. Now go to the pick up page, and wait for your number to come up. Now you can download it for testing. It isn't unusual to re-cook a theme three or four times, to get it just right. If you are satisfied, it's time to give it a descriptive name, upload to something like Mediafire, put some screen shots on Photobucket, and post it here, if you'd like!
  • If you are updating a theme, just upload your UOT file in the settings tab. Note - For some odd reason, the Kitchen doesn't seem to save icon settings. You need to reset that every time. At least I do, but that might just be me.
  • Forget to save your settings? Like a theme by someone else, and want to do a remix? Please remember to give proper credit to the original theme author.
  • Open the theme zip file with 7zip (or similar) and look for the folder "settings", your UOT file will be in the root of that folder.
  • Want to use a boot animation other than what's in the kitchen? Make your own with this nifty tool, and flash away!
  • Again, with 7zip (or similar) open your theme zip file. Navigate to /system/media where you'll find a file named boot animation.zip. Overwrite this with your custom file re-named to boot animation.zip. Now you need to resign your zip, or it won't install.
  • Have a boot animation that just won't go away? Tried flashing new themes, and different boot animations with no effect?
  • Use Root Explorer (or similar) and navigate to /data/local. Delete the boot animation.zip. Reboot and enjoy!
  • Feel free to ask questions, or make observations. I will continue to edit and tweak this guide, and I welcome your feed back.

Last edited:
Credits & Thanks

Special Thanks To:

http://www.qubenet.net/ - for hosting kitchen
rveupen - for additional boiler in the kitchen
daveba - for additional boiler in the kitchen
tankertuf - for additional boiler in the kitchen
xRepinsSporx - for additional boiler in the kitchen​

Credits & Thanks to:

QLIRATU - for creating original scripts that create the frameworks
MENDOZINAS - for making the custom version, creating the new layout, designing the new features
AVREEN - for Dr. Droid themes
FIGHTSPIT - for providing the Super battery Mod and verifying .xml files
BRUT.ALL - for making apktool
NROSIER - for giving us the animated icons, Mod E ,Mod G and more
TRINITYEON - for providing us with BLUE SENSE icons and Mod C
TieT - for fixing typo's errors
POTTER1984 - for nice boot animations
PENDO - for white dancing droid and help with apk-tools
CASTAWAY1 - for nice battery style
HOOOLM - for circle style icons and battery mod K
CHE123 - for Desire 3D turn boot animation
ACEJACKSOOTE - for Mod L battery
ESK02K - for Mod MW battery
DYSGENIC - for glow and particles boot animations
Crysis21 - for Version P, Glowing Crysis battery style
TheMasterBaron - for Scribble Rays and Jumpgate boot animations
Oijkn - for Carbon emoticons
Team Carbon - for Steel Blue icons set and boot animation
Fachadick and d_1000 - for font packs
Dmatik - for Version S battery
Rudolf895 - for Rudolf windows animation
TheSkepticalGuy - for Resident Evil boot animation
Danmcq - for 3d Bumblebee boot animation
Akoe101 - for akoe101 icon set
jsmccabe78- for Anastasdroid icons sets
TheGrammarFreak- for fixing typo's errors
CdTDroiD- for tutorial guide for n00bs video
kgill7- for Cloudy Theme
rascarlo- for Drizzle, Tesseract boot animations
kalagas- for Kalagas animated icons
aca85- for AlchemyDroid boot animation
LfcFan1977- for Digital battery
Than33- for SegoeThan and TrebuchetThan fonts
MrDSL - for loading circle and notify animation from Mixer theme
Tsachi - for Version T and W battery styles
halfsoul - for Version U battery style
kilo1548 - for Visual guide
fdespotovski - for Android 3D boot animation
despotovski01 - for Linux Bios boot animation​

Disclaimer

• It took a lot of time and effort from all the above to make this kitchen, and it takes a lot more to maintain it. Users should realize this and appreciate the work done.
  • Bugs and errors (except de-compiling error) will try to be solved; however, the members listed above will need the code you receive back when you upload your file. Backups of the same will be kept for 12 hours, so if you have an error respond within that time.
  • Myself, nor any of the above will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to your device by the use of the themes created here, though if such an unfortunate event occurs do tell us we'll be happy to help.
  • Suggestions are welcomed for future releases.

Last edited:

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Nice, guide. Hopefully some people will create some really cool things using the UOT, as I am not too sure how many users actually knew about it. Glad you brought it back to the front of the line, for everyone.

Reactions: Apex

anikadam

Mar 28, 2012
Mumbai
I was just going through a guide to use apktools for de/recompiling systemui.apk, now this looks even more interesting.. cant wait to try this.
have to wait till sunday though. Luckily i know a thing or two about patience, thanks to moto :p

Sent from my MB865 on rooted ICS leak

hankbizzo5

Nov 13, 2008
Ct,Eastern
+10 fantastic guide!!!!! Was thinking of going to bed now I got a good reason to stay up a few more hours lol THANKS for the hard work on the guide.....

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Nice Guide

I think you did a really good job putting info together for a guide.

Although a lot of these things are probably posted, most lot of the information is fragmented and difficult to either find or follow.

Thanks for putting this guide together, and hope a lot of people put out some good looking mods!

MD

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Nice guide as usual. I have used UOT multiple times for little things, and it is great for doing the stuff that is so tedious to do manually.

ATZ-007

Sep 7, 2009
London
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi All,

Anyone know if this kitchen can be used to cook theme for Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2?

If so, which screen resolution should I use and is there anything else I need to know before start cooking?

Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cu6dthq

*If you find this Guide Thread helpful, feel free to hit the "thanks" button below!

The Android OS is a highly customizable system, we all know that. The preferred way by the majority to customize Android are the launchers, or by flashing a custom ROM. When you use a modified ROM, like CyanogenMod, customization options are expanded through options that do not exist in the original ROM. However, to customize the overall look like system icons, status bar, window transition effects an others things, it starts getting a bit more limited… or rather, it was. You must be thinking, "But there are dozens of themes to customize them." Yes, there are, but these themes leave your Atrix 2 with the aesthetic preferences of the creator of the theme, and not yours! You can not change individual parts of the themes, without some extensive knowledge of editing .xml files and so on. So, I present the solution for maximizing the customization of your Atrix 2, the UOT Kitchen.

"Kitchen? But, we will customize android or cooking a tasty casserole?" Well, this is more or less the same. Let’s cook, but not a casserole, but our ROM. And the ingredient list is quite varied, including battery icons, system menus, boot animations, fonts, and others. In the end, you will put the "ingredients" in the "oven" and wait for your finished version of your customized ROM to cook. Confused? See the tutorial and you will understand. UOT is an online theme configuration tool, or Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen. Due to differences in ROMs your cooking time may need to be adjusted. Be prepared, it will take at least a half an hour of your time. Be careful, if you accidentally click the wrong link, your work will be lost. If, for some reason, there are any problems encountered through your own experiences, let me know, and I will find out how to answer them or bring resolution to them.​

Prerequisites & Comments:

• To use this application, you must have root access on your Atrix 2
    • You need a basic understanding of the Android file system for this process
    • You current ROM's SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk and twframework.apk
      • framework-res.apk: system/framework
      • SystemUI.apk: system/app
      • twframework.apk: system/framework
    • The processes I will overview may be different if you are using another ROM or another phone.

Kitchen features:

• Battery mod for ICS ROMs (NEW!)
    • Notification window for qhd/hdpi/mdpi/ldpi ROMs (NEW!)
    • Boot animations for qhd/hdpi/mdpi/ldpi ROMs (NEW!)
    • Flashing folders for system files
    • Additional patch to fix images
    • Settings download/upload
    • Support for Touch Wiz ROMs
    • Quick settings tab
    • Lock screen pattern
    • Lock screen lens style
    • Lock screen rotating style
    • Lock screen sliding tabs
    • Lock screen icons
    • Custom loading circle
    • Custom list dividers
    • Notification window for hdpi/mdpi/ldpi ROMs
    • Pull down background animation
    • Volume and Download bar customization
    • Flashing script for Data++ ROMs
    • Popup customizing
    • Support for stock odexed ROMs
    • Support for GB ROMs with Sense
    • Optional Theme preview
    • Over scroll glowing
    • Font packs
    • Supporting Theme Chooser for CM7 ROMs
    • Enable transparency in status bar for GB ROMs
    • Supporting Gingerbread ROMs
    • Edify and Amend installation script
    • Supporting hdpi and mdpi ROMs
    • Patch9 images auto-fix
    • Super Circle Battery with %, version [A-P]
    • Custom style battery, version Z
    • Themed icons for status bar
    • Uni-color icons
    • Customizable notification drop-down window
    • Boot animation changer
    • Corrected files for popular ROMs/themes
    • Showing battery % while charging
    • Custom charging animations
    • Windows animations
    • Icons for Notification Power Buttons

Access site: UOT Kitchen: http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

Sometimes, when you access the site it says it’s full. The site has a limit of active orders, so be patient, wait a few minutes and try again.

hourly_zpsfd19f998.png

Choosing Ingredients:

By accessing the site, you will see many options for customization. I will explain each one.

To use the option, click it and check "Use this mod".​

Battery:

To change the battery icons. There are two options:

• SCB with %: Choose a package, with icons for current status of the battery, battery charging, no batteries, etc.
    • Custom battery: Choose individual icons for current battery status, battery charging, no batteries, etc. Choose your options and click "Generate Preview".

Icons:

To change system icons, menus, status bar, etc.

• Themed Icons Set: packages of pre-defined icons. You can choose which icons you will use each package.
    • Custom Uni-color Icons: Icons packages of only one color. You can choose a package and change the color of the icons and background.

Status Bar:

To change the status bar and window notifications. You can change the background color, transparency level, font, font color, font size, etc.

Caution:

Popup:

To change effects of over-scrolling, alerts, volume bar, download bar, menus and dividers charging indicator (one that is running while something is being loaded). You can choose colors, glow effects, styles, etc.​

Lock screen:

To change the lock screen. You can choose the style of the buttons (slider, rotary, etc.). And themes to them; colors, what options will be available at lock screen, etc.

Caution:

Window:

Effects and animations of windows and menus. You can choose effects like slide, unfold, turn page, scroll, etc.​

Fonts:

To choose the font to be used in the system.​

Boot animation:

To change boot animation.

Caution:

• Select the correct path to boot animation!

Okay, now that you’ve chosen the "ingredients", we will prepare and put them in the oven!

Cooking:

Select "File Upload". Here you need to set some options and send some files from your phone to be modified according to your choices.

First, it is highly recommended to perform a full backup of your current ROM. If you want to modify the "Popup", you will need to upload the file "framework-res.apk." To do this, using the Root Explorer app (or another app of your choice), go to "system/framework/" and copy "framework-res.apk" to the SD card. If you want to change the "Status Bar", you will need to upload the file "SystemUI.apk." To do this, go to "system/app/" and copy "SystemUI.apk" to the SD card. Now, copy the two files from your SD card to your computer.​

Now, let's look at the site options:

• Select flash-able zip scripting: You can use the ROM manager or the CWM to transfer your changes. But that depends on a script that varies according to the ROM and the device you are using.
    • Flashing folder for system files: Defines where the files will be transferred in your phone. Select "/system/framework" and "/system/app" respectively.
    • Patch9 auto fix: leave this option selected.
    • Theme Chooser preview: Optional. If you select it, will generate a preview in the Theme Chooser.
    • Kitchen’s settings (optional): Here you can download a file containing the current settings UOT Kitchen, or upload a file to a previous configuration that you have already done.
    • Select your ROM from kitchen’s list, or upload your own files: Check "Upload System Files" and upload the files "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" into the right place.

Let's begin, with a more "visual" tutorial, shall we?

Before you even load the Kitchen, create a temporary folder for your work. Place a copy of your ROM on your desktop or other location fro easy access. Use 7zip (or whatever) to unzip it here. You'll see why in a moment. Now, fire up the Kitchen...​

Pre-Themeing Checklist:

You will need the ROM you're trying to theme, 7zip (or a comparable compression utility), and a notepad (any will do). Also, it helps to have a clear idea of what you want to create. There are a lot of options in the kitchen, and if you don't know what you're after it's easy to get bogged down.​

When you start the Kitchen you will see this:

Workspace1_002_zpscf6f7c36.png

Breakdown of the Kitchen:

The Kitchen is broken up into tabs, like a browser. Let's start with the tab labeled "Battery". In every mod of the Kitchen there is a check box, to select whether to use it or not. Select the check box if you want to theme the battery indicator. There really isn't a lot to this, you can use any combination of icons and settings without issue, except do not use any settings for MIUI.

Workspace1_008_zpsbef43933.png

If you happen to notice that the preview hasn't been rendered, that happens quite a bit, so you need to be patient. Also note that the color selections are in hex format. This is where the Notepad++ (Windows) or Leafpad (or other for Linux) comes in. I usually use three colors in my themes, a main as well as one a bit lighter and one a bit darker. Note the hex codes for your colors with the notepad, for easy copy and paste operations. This way you will have consistent colors across your theme. Like so:

Workspace1_011_zpsde8d2492.png

The reason I use three shades per theme is for the pop ups, volume bars, and sliders. All of these options will let you use three or more colors. I like to assign the darkest shade for the top and bottom colors, and the lightest for the center in my volume bars. This creates a touch of a 3D illusion.

Now feel free to go wild with the modules of the kitchen, but two warnings:
    • Do not use an animated background for the notification area. This will crash the status bar, and you'll have no notifications.
    • Be careful when selecting the place for your boot animation.

Workspace1_005_zps43660ba1.png

We now have a Cyanogenmod-based ROM. Choosing the wrong location will result in a boot animation that can't be changed later (without jumping through a bunch of hoops! Solution at the bottom of the post.) One other thing, there are places in the Kitchen that need to know if your phone is HDPI, MDPI, or LDPI. After you are satisfied with your work, go to the file upload tab.

Workspace1_006_zpsf0dc05e6.png

Don't be intimidated by settings you don't understand, just set them like mine (if they aren't already, these are the defaults). You will need to upload two files, that's why we chose the unzipped ROM back at the beginning. For the framework-res.apk, you will find it in /system/framework, for SystemUI.apk, you will find it in /system/apps. You also have the option of downloading your settings to a file. This makes for easy updating in the future. If you forget to save your settings, don't panic. Look inside your UOT .zip file with 7zip, and you'll find it in the folder called (what else?) /settings. Once those are uploaded you can go to the summary tab. Everything should be green or white like so:

Workspace1_007_zps5b29ff38.png

Now, let’s put the recipe in the oven. Select the "Summary" tab and make sure all the options you chose are green. If any are red, return the corresponding tab and do the necessary corrections. If everything is correct, click "Submit work to kitchen". Will be generated a protocol number. Keep this number, you will need it to identify your order when it is ready. Orders can take some minutes to several hours to get ready, depending on the traffic order on the site and the amount of changes you requested. Please be patient. Go to the top "Pickup" tab and follow the progress of orders. Once your ready, download it. (the orders will be stored on site for a maximum of 12 hours. After that, they are deleted). Now you can use your preferred method to transfer files to your Atrix2, using the flash method (ROM Manager / CWM) or extract files from ZIP and transfer manually (Root Explorer or another).​

Now you are ready to click submit. You should see something like this:

ordernumber_zps4d82295a.png

General Tips:

• It's easy to go overboard. Think of the impact of not just the preview you're looking at, but of all of your customizations at once. Sometimes a little goes a long way.
    • If you are working on several themes at the same time, make note of the UOT number. Now go to the pick up page, and wait for your number to come up. Now you can download it for testing. It isn't unusual to re-cook a theme three or four times, to get it just right. If you are satisfied, it's time to give it a descriptive name, upload to something like Mediafire, put some screen shots on Photobucket, and post it here, if you'd like!
    • If you are updating a theme, just upload your UOT file in the settings tab. Note - For some odd reason, the Kitchen doesn't seem to save icon settings. You need to reset that every time. At least I do, but that might just be me.
    • Forget to save your settings? Like a theme by someone else, and want to do a remix? Please remember to give proper credit to the original theme author.
    • Open the theme zip file with 7zip (or similar) and look for the folder "settings", your UOT file will be in the root of that folder.
    • Want to use a boot animation other than what's in the kitchen? Make your own with this nifty tool, and flash away!
    • Again, with 7zip (or similar) open your theme zip file. Navigate to /system/media where you'll find a file named boot animation.zip. Overwrite this with your custom file re-named to boot animation.zip. Now you need to resign your zip, or it won't install.
    • Have a boot animation that just won't go away? Tried flashing new themes, and different boot animations with no effect?
    • Use Root Explorer (or similar) and navigate to /data/local. Delete the boot animation.zip. Reboot and enjoy!
    • Feel free to ask questions, or make observations. I will continue to edit and tweak this guide, and I welcome your feed back.
    Video Tutorial Using The UOT Kitchen

Credit to Jermaine151
    Credits & Thanks

Special Thanks To:

http://www.qubenet.net/ - for hosting kitchen
    rveupen - for additional boiler in the kitchen
    daveba - for additional boiler in the kitchen
    tankertuf - for additional boiler in the kitchen
    xRepinsSporx - for additional boiler in the kitchen​

Credits & Thanks to:

QLIRATU - for creating original scripts that create the frameworks
    MENDOZINAS - for making the custom version, creating the new layout, designing the new features
    AVREEN - for Dr. Droid themes
    FIGHTSPIT - for providing the Super battery Mod and verifying .xml files
    BRUT.ALL - for making apktool
    NROSIER - for giving us the animated icons, Mod E ,Mod G and more
    TRINITYEON - for providing us with BLUE SENSE icons and Mod C
    TieT - for fixing typo's errors
    POTTER1984 - for nice boot animations
    PENDO - for white dancing droid and help with apk-tools
    CASTAWAY1 - for nice battery style
    HOOOLM - for circle style icons and battery mod K
    CHE123 - for Desire 3D turn boot animation
    ACEJACKSOOTE - for Mod L battery
    ESK02K - for Mod MW battery
    DYSGENIC - for glow and particles boot animations
    Crysis21 - for Version P, Glowing Crysis battery style
    TheMasterBaron - for Scribble Rays and Jumpgate boot animations
    Oijkn - for Carbon emoticons
    Team Carbon - for Steel Blue icons set and boot animation
    Fachadick and d_1000 - for font packs
    Dmatik - for Version S battery
    Rudolf895 - for Rudolf windows animation
    TheSkepticalGuy - for Resident Evil boot animation
    Danmcq - for 3d Bumblebee boot animation
    Akoe101 - for akoe101 icon set
    jsmccabe78- for Anastasdroid icons sets
    TheGrammarFreak- for fixing typo's errors
    CdTDroiD- for tutorial guide for n00bs video
    kgill7- for Cloudy Theme
    rascarlo- for Drizzle, Tesseract boot animations
    kalagas- for Kalagas animated icons
    aca85- for AlchemyDroid boot animation
    LfcFan1977- for Digital battery
    Than33- for SegoeThan and TrebuchetThan fonts
    MrDSL - for loading circle and notify animation from Mixer theme
    Tsachi - for Version T and W battery styles
    halfsoul - for Version U battery style
    kilo1548 - for Visual guide
    fdespotovski - for Android 3D boot animation
    despotovski01 - for Linux Bios boot animation​

Disclaimer

• It took a lot of time and effort from all the above to make this kitchen, and it takes a lot more to maintain it. Users should realize this and appreciate the work done.
    • Bugs and errors (except de-compiling error) will try to be solved; however, the members listed above will need the code you receive back when you upload your file. Backups of the same will be kept for 12 hours, so if you have an error respond within that time.
    • Myself, nor any of the above will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to your device by the use of the themes created here, though if such an unfortunate event occurs do tell us we'll be happy to help.
    • Suggestions are welcomed for future releases.
    Gonna start on a SCV7 theme using this :good:

Sent from my locked MB865 on Ice Cream Sandwich.
    This is interesting stuff that I didn't know about. Good for people who are artsy or have some designing talent :)