Thanks Meter: 73

More
EPIC work guys!!!!! wish i could help but i'm a complete noob at this
hope this doesn't disturb u guys. just HAD to write a letter of appreciation
Good Luck!!!

17th July 2011, 04:04 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile connection2005 resurrected my totaly hard bricked Captivate!!!
connection2005 resurrected my totaly hard bricked Captivate!!!
I sent it, and in a few days, he returned me the phone, healthy and ready to work again.
Many thanks!!!
30th July 2011, 07:38 AM |#53  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,476

Donate to Me
More
What are you considering as far as level shifters?

The JTAG capability of an Arduino without level shifters will support targets no less than 3.3 volts unless you severly undervolt the thing. Connect without level shifters and you'll fry the target.

You might want to take a look at some of the Dangerous Prototypes work - their focus is on microcontroller and FPGA work, but some of the ARM uCs people work with have target voltages as low as many of the big ARMs.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/bus...ger-p-807.html might be FAR better than an Arduino for your purposes. It supports target voltages down to 1.2 volts.

Keep up the good work, no one has hardbricked an Infuse yet but we've gotten close and might need this stuff.
25th September 2012, 11:16 PM |#54  
Flag Lafayette

More
First off Mr. Outler I would like to thank you for all your work in this community and your service work you have done on behalf of this country. Secondly do you think this procedure could be used to unbrick an SCH-i535? I haphazardly flashed an incompatible ROM today. Therefore I am in a bit of a pickle.
26th September 2012, 03:03 AM |#55  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 724

Donate to Me
More
This is currently the worlds only solution for a hard bricked Galaxy S III from Verizon...

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/
The Following User Says Thank You to connexion2005 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift connexion2005 Ad-Free
26th September 2012, 03:13 PM |#56  
Flag Lafayette

More
Thank you for your recommendation but I would prefer to learn it my self as to offer this service to friends and family free of charge. I refuse to pay someone to repair something unless I am not capable. I have not broken out my checkbook for a repair since an automotive repair about 4 years ago. My issue is i have only been a smart phone user for a little over a month. Complete noob when it comes to this, although I have a little experience using JTAG on modems.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by esrlod

Thank you for your recommendation but I would prefer to learn it my self as to offer this service to friends and family free of charge. I refuse to pay someone to repair something unless I am not capable. I have not broken out my checkbook for a repair since an automotive repair about 4 years ago. My issue is i have only been a smart phone user for a little over a month. Complete noob when it comes to this, although I have a little experience using JTAG on modems.

Sorry should have specified that I was looking into the DIY route.
26th September 2012, 03:18 PM |#57  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 724

Donate to Me
More
Sure that is understandable. I can promise you that you won't repair this device without most likely 100+ hours of research though. This of course if you can repair it at all. There is a reason why we hold the key to such solution for months before anyone else discovers them. This reason is that it is NOT easy to solve...

Good luck!

Edit: This of course being if you are truly hard bricked (JIG won't work).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to connexion2005 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift connexion2005 Ad-Free
26th September 2012, 04:49 PM |#58  
Flag Lafayette

More
If it had been easy Google would have already taught me. The 100+ hours of research does not dissuade me in the least, my "replacement" back up phone should be here today. Which will give me plenty time to toil away with this project. If there are any resources that you could share with a beginner I would appreciate it. I like to learn things whether or not I reach my goal. Thanks for your time and wishes of luck!
25th October 2012, 09:30 PM |#59  

More
Hi,

I'm trying to JTAG my Samsung I9000. I soldered wires on those very thin pads (had to be precise and patient...). I could access the flash with ORT-JTAG box, but I would like to do the same with OpenOCD and a BusBlaster from Dangerousprototype ($40).
I can't figure out OpenOCD configuration. It keeps telling me that my TDO is all ones...

Someone already tried it ?
12th November 2014, 06:19 PM |#60  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Prompt Unbricking Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 (Skomer)
Good evening XDA geeks and hi there @AdamOutler!

I am posting here to find a solution on how to unbrick my brothers Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 (Skomer), which suddenly turned off at 83% during the flashing process while using Heimdall to add a System Image made by @TheBoegl from his ROOT GUIDE . This is the error log of Heimdall. Ever since then, it stayed a full brick: No lights, no sounds, no nothing. I even built a working USB Jig (good to have one now) using these instructions - but even then the phone does not show any sign of life. I must admit that I am very stunned: This is the first time this happens to me, usually I am very careful and so far had recovered other phones from every state out there.

Since the phone itself has no warranty at all and I would like to build some more crazy tools to be able to ressurect dead phones in the future all by myself, my question is: Which tutorial to use (preferrably through not having to buy a RIFF box)? Is what is described in this thread working for the condition that the XCover2 is in? All help is greatly appreciated and will be pressed THANKS for. I would like to surprise my brother with a working phone.
18th November 2014, 04:50 PM |#61  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

Good evening XDA geeks and hi there @AdamOutler!

I am posting here to find a solution on how to unbrick my brothers Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 (Skomer), which suddenly turned off at 83% during the flashing process while using Heimdall to add a System Image made by @TheBoegl from his ROOT GUIDE . This is the error log of Heimdall. Ever since then, it stayed a full brick: No lights, no sounds, no nothing. I even built a working USB Jig (good to have one now) using these instructions - but even then the phone does not show any sign of life. I must admit that I am very stunned: This is the first time this happens to me, usually I am very careful and so far had recovered other phones from every state out there.

Since the phone itself has no warranty at all and I would like to build some more crazy tools to be able to ressurect dead phones in the future all by myself, my question is: Which tutorial to use (preferrably through not having to buy a RIFF box)? Is what is described in this thread working for the condition that the XCover2 is in? All help is greatly appreciated and will be pressed THANKS for. I would like to surprise my brother with a working phone.

PUSH! Can anybody please guide me what to do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)