changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

Search This thread

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
my "default" is set to "nothing selected".
In fact, I set your app to only rotate the screen when an app is launched.

The program that is displayed is Manila.

Other precisions :

HTC Touch HD / French stock ROM

I'd be pleased to help you to correct this bug ;)

Well i developed the App on the touch pro and an English ROM so it might be difficult for me to determine the problem but I'll keep at it. I'll let you know the results...

MobileXMan

Nov 26, 2008
Till now 1.54 is better. This 2.0 beta is still rotating screens, although they are excepted. That happens at the phone (cprog), also at services. There still a bug, because 1.54 never rotated excluded screens.

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
Till now 1.54 is better. This 2.0 beta is still rotating screens, although they are excepted. That happens at the phone (cprog), also at services. There still a bug, because 1.54 never rotated excluded screens.

Can you tel me your setup?

If you are still using 2.0 you can send me your file... its "\Windows\changeScreen.config". Maybe copy and paste using TCPMP.

Something must not be set up correctly... I'll make the final version more foolproof (not that you're a fool - just an expression) -- minimize confusion...

garyt

Sep 20, 2008
Just wanted to say what a great app this is, tried gyrator2 and gsen with mixed results. Do have a question though, once a program has went from portrait to landscape, I'm finding the screen calibration is slightly off. Example: if I bring up the standard QWERTY keyboard and tap the letter "i", I almost always will get the letter "o" next to it.

Is there anyway to calibrate the screen for landscape mode?

Phone is the stock CDMA Diamond

Thanks

GT

Last edited:

bugeyes

Nov 22, 2006
one slight bug ive noticed so far , is that the app seems to forget your exceptions occasionally, going back into the config and clicking the enable and run on start up tabs again (they are still ticked when you go in!) seems to get things going again.

dranandps

May 2, 2006
HTC Album -> "htcalbum"

Download changeScreen.cab v2.0 BETA here!

__________________________________________________ _______

Shows an error, not able to download?

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
Just wanted to say what a great app this is, tried gyrator2 and gsen with mixed results. Do have a question though, once a program has went from portrait to landscape, I'm finding the screen calibration is slightly off. Example: if I bring up the standard QWERTY keyboard and tap the letter "i", I almost always will get the letter "o" next to it.

Is there anyway to calibrate the screen for landscape mode?

Phone is the stock CDMA Diamond

Thanks

GT

That sounds weird... anyone else experience this?! I'll look into it but I def. dont have that problem...

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
one slight bug ive noticed so far , is that the app seems to forget your exceptions occasionally, going back into the config and clicking the enable and run on start up tabs again (they are still ticked when you go in!) seems to get things going again.

i have also self ending bug,app is just by itself turn off but really sometimes(twice for now)

For example, i'm using S2U2. In the excepted list I added S2U2. But sometimes it's still rotating.

Seems like this is a bug... I'll fix it and let you guys know when its good...

lowrider32119

Jan 12, 2009
daytonasystems.com
Nice Job

Hey good work on the program!

I have had a couple of issues running your software with other software like the FdcSoft TaskMgr, it doesnt load up completely unless I disable the program then it will run good. Had a couple of lock up issues with the S2U2 app.

Other than that it runs smoother and faster than GSen and Gyrator. I do like the apps but they are giving me more issues than yours.

I would suggest making a quick toggle switch like Gsen until you have the majority of the issues worked out.

The biggest improvement I see over the other guys is running S2P. Yours transistions way smoother! It also seems less laggy in normal windows as well.

Keep it up, so far nothing but good coming from this prog. :D

I have a Touch Diamond CDMA with the stock ROM.

Last edited:

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
Hey good work on the program!
I have had a couple of issues running your software with other software like the FdcSoft TaskMgr, it doesnt load up completely unless I disable the program then it will run good. Had a couple of lock up issues with the S2U2 app.
Other than that it runs smoother and faster than GSen and Gyrator. I do like the apps but they are giving me more issues than yours.
I would suggest making a quick toggle switch like Gsen until you have the majority of the issues worked out.
The biggest improvement I see over the other guys is running S2P. Yours transistions way smoother! It also seems less laggy in normal windows as well.
Keep it up, so far nothing but good coming from this prog. :D
I have a Touch Diamond CDMA with the stock ROM.

I'll look into it, althoguh most if not all of the "bugs" should be sorted out soon...

Secondbaseman12

Jan 4, 2009
What am i doing wrong?

I Installed the program on my HD, enabled is checked also run on start up.
al the directons are checked i saved it.

when i go to sms or email nothing happens when i rotate the screen.

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
What am i doing wrong?

I Installed the program on my HD, enabled is checked also run on start up.
al the directons are checked i saved it.

when i go to sms or email nothing happens when i rotate the screen.

Can you send me your configuration file? Its located here:
"\Windows\changeScreen.config"

If you send me it i'll place it on my device and have a look...

2revup

Sep 4, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel286
i would like to suggest one option that we can choose if we want that when we put mobile in face down to suspend device.

Would anyone else use this? If enough people want/need it then sure!

would really love this, I can finnaly do away with Gyrator!

Also has anyone else had problems with flip speed, I find gyrator is a little quicker. I find the first flip once enabled is super responsive, but all others seems to be alot slower 5 or so seconds before it flips, 600 could the polling intervals be to long?
Or am I the only one experinceing this?
Once again I have my Hat off to you 600 brillant job, and even better job listening to the people!!!

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
would really love this, I can finnaly do away with Gyrator!

Also has anyone else had problems with flip speed, I find gyrator is a little quicker. I find the first flip once enabled is super responsive, but all others seems to be alot slower 5 or so seconds before it flips, 600 could the polling intervals be to long?
Or am I the only one experinceing this?
Once again I have my Hat off to you 600 brillant job, and even better job listening to the people!!!

5 seconds?! Whoa... Thats crazy! My device flips in a second or less everytime, unless something else is going on. If it were 5 seconds I wouldn't have even bothered putting it out!

What kind of setup do you have? Just so I can try to understand why it takes so long to flip...

MobileXMan

Nov 26, 2008
Meanwhile in deinstalled the beta an reinstalled 1.54. The beta is not under control. Sometimes the screen switches, sometimes not, even a programm is excepted not to switch at all, it does it. 1.54 is running well, the beta not.