[ROM] HTC 7 PRO 7.8 working unlocked 7.10.8835

How is this ROM working for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
After few days of testing this custom ROM, which made Pdaimatejam and dinchy87 it is time to present it to you! It is a working 7.8 ROM build 7.10.8835.35. This ROM is no SCAM! it is Build of an Stock HTC 7 PRO ROM with working features.

This ROM is TESTED on six HTC 7 PRO Europe version, and on all it works like a charm.

Features:

• Full unlock
  • Windows Phone 7.8 OS
  • Charging and Syncing work
  • Internet sharing
  • 20+ languages (German, English US, English UK, Turkçe, Čeština, Dansk, Espanol, Français, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Portuguese (Brasil), Poruguese (Portugal), Suomi, Svenska, Chinese...)
  • Camera features
  • Search key mapping
  • BT File transfer
  • CAB file sending
  • Registry editor
  • Root Manager
  • Touch Explorer
  • Xap Deploayer for IE xap deploy

I must mention that this build is the same OS build like the BETA version out there, but a stock version. everything is ok, except the bug that all of us found
  • Picture live tile does not resize to the biggest if once resized
  • Some of the tiles have custom icons like the music+video tile, and maps tile, if those are resized to the little tiles it looks like they are stretched
  • The fonts are not ok, but i will share with you the original fonts of my windows phone 7.5 device which you can then add in the windows folder and reset the device and it looks then like before on WP 7.5.
  • The email tile does not show incoming email text, it shows only the number of emails (but it should display some text like the messages tile)
  • The small tiles have names on them, but should not have like WP8
  • Music, People, and Me tile dont change imidietly the accent, you must manually resize them to get the changed accent color.
  • The Marketplace (Store) tile sometimes have a windows logo on it, sometimes not.
  • Some apps like Amazing weather dont update the accent color too, you must enter the app to update the color (but thats a bug in the app, not in 7.8)
  • Apps like Nokia Navigation work, i dont know for Nokia Counter app because we have not added the driver for them.
  • Another bug in every 7.10.8835 build is the the letters on the applist dont have squares around them (this bug me a lot, it looks not good) if somebody know how to fix it send me an pm or leave an hint here in the comments.
  • The search button on the applist is invisible on the white theme, on the black theme it is there!

Download link to version 1.0 (Password is: pdaimadinch)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dn5u8pmvvtvk8

(in this download link you have the ROM, you need both HTC 7 PRO 7.8 ROMpart1.rar and part2 .rar, and the fonts) The fonts in this .rar are hidden and system protected you must "show hidden files"
and uncheck! "hide protected system files" to see them with file browser you can then manage them on the device to be visible.

Functions like GSM, SMS, MMS, WLAN, 3G, Zune Sync, WP device manager Sync and device charging are working!

Requirements for this ROM:
  • HSPL ! (i dont joke, if you dont have HSPL dont flash this ROM, you will brick your device) - This ROM does NOT destroy your HSPL so you can flash after it other custom ROM's
  • HTC 7 PRO Europe version! (not the Arrive)

This pictures are mine, no distribution allowed without my permission. And the live tiles maybe look "pixelated" but thats due to xda-developers, in real it is smooth on the ROM.

So far 108 Downloads of our HTC 7 PRO 7.8 ROM. Post your oppinnions here in the comments, and share your experience with this ROM. i hope you like this ROM. and if you like it, then push the "Thanks" button under the post :)

Last edited:

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Man 7.8 is becoming the true "customizable" ROM we have all been waiting for... :highfive:

Good luck with the ROM guys! I have the Arrive otherwise I would give it a go... jejeje. Glad to see people working on our handsets though... :good:

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
Man 7.8 is becoming the true "customizable" ROM we have all been waiting for... :highfive:

Good luck with the ROM guys! I have the Arrive otherwise I would give it a go... jejeje. Glad to see people working on our handsets though... :good:

thx :) we will post an working Arrive version, as soon as wee get this HTC 7 PRO on a good way :) and yeah it is good to see that people love their 1 gen devices, our HTC 7 Pro / Arrive are really good devices, and the keyboard is really useful. i hope we find some newer build then this 8835 because of the few minor bugs...

Reactions: romanvyoral

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
How do I get the fonts to your phone.

Thanks;)

you extract the fonts.rar on this download link above, then you make it visible because they are invisible and protected, you must unselect the option "hide protected system files..." then you see them. Use Windows Phone Device Manager and connect to your device and put the files in the applications > data > select one of the "223hlk2h3lk..." folder > isolated storage > put the font there and memory the folder name "223hlk2h3lk...." (or any other of the existing), after that use The file browser which is in the ROM pre installed to select the files and paste them to the "Windows" folder. after that just power off your device, and power on (thats named soft reset) thats it.

Last edited:
Reactions: romanvyoral

romanvyoral

Apr 24, 2008
Kroměříž
ROM has a few cosmetic bugs, but I have not found a single mistake that would limit me in any way.

Bugs:

- Live tiles in the smallest size can not shrink text name (possibly application error, I can not judge)
- Tile pictures after reduction is again not maximize
- Tile people in the smallest form is not "active"

Apart from these minor bugs I found nothing, and I use the phone just like usual.

Thank you for a great ROM :good::good:

I'm sorry, english by GOOGLE;)

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
ROM has a few cosmetic bugs, but I have not found a single mistake that would limit me in any way.

Bugs:

- Live tiles in the smallest size can not shrink text name (possibly application error, I can not judge)
- Tile pictures after reduction is again not maximize
- Tile people in the smallest form is not "active"

Apart from these minor bugs I found nothing, and I use the phone just like usual.

Thank you for a great ROM :good::good:

I'm sorry, english by GOOGLE;)

No problem with your English :) the live tiles at smallest size bugs me too :) (and only the 3rd party apps have it), i think all the small tiles are not active. But this is because 7.8, it is still BETA. i hope we find a new leak soon, some newer version of the OS. or maybe the final version :)

Thanks for you comment!

valthec

Sep 19, 2006
Dinchy, It looks like you reached limit on MediaFire. Could you be so kind and upload those file on other server?
"MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads of encrypted or password protected archives and the limit for this file has been reached."

Thanks!

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
Dinchy, It looks like you reached limit on MediaFire. Could you be so kind and upload those file on other server?
"MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads of encrypted or password protected archives and the limit for this file has been reached."

Thanks!

I tried the link again and i see that is available. but i would suggest you to use any newer ROM with 7.10.8858. my version is 8835, it is the second Beta version. so any ROM with 8858 is better out there... :)

and for the above comment, mediashare is a free hosting so they can add ads on their site, but if you click on download you must nothing pay...

Last edited:

DAC324

Oct 4, 2010
I tried the link again and i see that is available. but i would suggest you to use any newer ROM with 7.10.8858. my version is 8835, it is the second Beta version. so any ROM with 8858 is better out there... :)

and for the above comment, mediashare is a free hosting so they can add ads on their site, but if you click on download you must nothing pay...

Unfortunately, that limit is there. Apparently, it does not apply to you as you are the owner of those files. All other users get the following message:
The file you attempted to download is an archive that is encrypted or password protected. MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads of encrypted or password protected archives and the limit for this file has been reached. MediaFire understands the need for users to transfer encrypted and secured files, we offer this service starting at $1.50 per month.
Please try to fix that. The easiest solution would be waiving of the password protection of the RAR files.

Thank you very much and kind regards.

DAC324
P.S.: You said
but i would suggest you to use any newer ROM with 7.10.8858. my version is 8835, it is the second Beta version. so any ROM with 8858 is better out there... :)
Is there anything recommendable out there? I simply need an unbranded ROM for the HTC 7 Pro with full unlock (ChevronWP) which can be updated using Zune. It does not have to be filled with lots of fancy things...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After few days of testing this custom ROM, which made Pdaimatejam and dinchy87 it is time to present it to you! It is a working 7.8 ROM build 7.10.8835.35. This ROM is no SCAM! it is Build of an Stock HTC 7 PRO ROM with working features.

This ROM is TESTED on six HTC 7 PRO Europe version, and on all it works like a charm.

Features:

• Full unlock
    • Windows Phone 7.8 OS
    • Charging and Syncing work
    • Internet sharing
    • 20+ languages (German, English US, English UK, Turkçe, Čeština, Dansk, Espanol, Français, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Portuguese (Brasil), Poruguese (Portugal), Suomi, Svenska, Chinese...)
    • Camera features
    • Search key mapping
    • BT File transfer
    • CAB file sending
    • Registry editor
    • Root Manager
    • Touch Explorer
    • Xap Deploayer for IE xap deploy

I must mention that this build is the same OS build like the BETA version out there, but a stock version. everything is ok, except the bug that all of us found
    • Picture live tile does not resize to the biggest if once resized
    • Some of the tiles have custom icons like the music+video tile, and maps tile, if those are resized to the little tiles it looks like they are stretched
    • The fonts are not ok, but i will share with you the original fonts of my windows phone 7.5 device which you can then add in the windows folder and reset the device and it looks then like before on WP 7.5.
    • The email tile does not show incoming email text, it shows only the number of emails (but it should display some text like the messages tile)
    • The small tiles have names on them, but should not have like WP8
    • Music, People, and Me tile dont change imidietly the accent, you must manually resize them to get the changed accent color.
    • The Marketplace (Store) tile sometimes have a windows logo on it, sometimes not.
    • Some apps like Amazing weather dont update the accent color too, you must enter the app to update the color (but thats a bug in the app, not in 7.8)
    • Apps like Nokia Navigation work, i dont know for Nokia Counter app because we have not added the driver for them.
    • Another bug in every 7.10.8835 build is the the letters on the applist dont have squares around them (this bug me a lot, it looks not good) if somebody know how to fix it send me an pm or leave an hint here in the comments.
    • The search button on the applist is invisible on the white theme, on the black theme it is there!

Download link to version 1.0 (Password is: pdaimadinch)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dn5u8pmvvtvk8

(in this download link you have the ROM, you need both HTC 7 PRO 7.8 ROMpart1.rar and part2 .rar, and the fonts) The fonts in this .rar are hidden and system protected you must "show hidden files"
    and uncheck! "hide protected system files" to see them with file browser you can then manage them on the device to be visible.

Functions like GSM, SMS, MMS, WLAN, 3G, Zune Sync, WP device manager Sync and device charging are working!

Requirements for this ROM:
    • HSPL ! (i dont joke, if you dont have HSPL dont flash this ROM, you will brick your device) - This ROM does NOT destroy your HSPL so you can flash after it other custom ROM's
    • HTC 7 PRO Europe version! (not the Arrive)

This pictures are mine, no distribution allowed without my permission. And the live tiles maybe look "pixelated" but thats due to xda-developers, in real it is smooth on the ROM.

So far 108 Downloads of our HTC 7 PRO 7.8 ROM. Post your oppinnions here in the comments, and share your experience with this ROM. i hope you like this ROM. and if you like it, then push the "Thanks" button under the post :)

thx :) we will post an working Arrive version, as soon as wee get this HTC 7 PRO on a good way :) and yeah it is good to see that people love their 1 gen devices, our HTC 7 Pro / Arrive are really good devices, and the keyboard is really useful. i hope we find some newer build then this 8835 because of the few minor bugs...
    How do I get the fonts to your phone.

Thanks;)

you extract the fonts.rar on this download link above, then you make it visible because they are invisible and protected, you must unselect the option "hide protected system files..." then you see them. Use Windows Phone Device Manager and connect to your device and put the files in the applications > data > select one of the "223hlk2h3lk..." folder > isolated storage > put the font there and memory the folder name "223hlk2h3lk...." (or any other of the existing), after that use The file browser which is in the ROM pre installed to select the files and paste them to the "Windows" folder. after that just power off your device, and power on (thats named soft reset) thats it.