Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][HeroC]TWRP 2.2.2.0 touch recovery [2012-08-24]

1,696 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,154

Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2012, 06:16 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
will this recovery work with firerats? on heroc?

28th September 2012, 01:05 PM |#12  
Flag St. Francis, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 380

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankdank11

will this recovery work with firerats? on heroc?

Yes, Firerats has nothing to do with the recovery. Firerats just resizes your data/system/cache portion of the system really so you can install more apps.

I am using it and love it and works awesome on my Hero.
30th September 2012, 07:15 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thanks im trying it now, love the use of touch
12th October 2012, 06:10 PM |#14  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO
Thanks Meter: 13,154

Donate to Me
More
I am going to leave the automated GooManager install for the Hero on version 2.2.2.0 due to the age of the device and the problems with recovery API 3 and older zips. TWRP 2.3.0.0 does work fine on the HeroC but I'm willing to bet that most zips are using old update binaries that will not install on the new version. If anyone wants to try, you're welcome to download and flash the newer versions manually:
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/heroc
12th October 2012, 07:44 PM |#15  

More
I was going to give 2.3.0.0 a try but like you stated, and someone in IRC said, that most of the zips online for the old Hero are prob all older so going to stick with 2.2.0.0 I think. Thanks for the update though.
12th October 2012, 08:40 PM |#16  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Does TWRP require any particular hboot version, or will it function with any of them? I know you need to be on Android 2.3 in order to install TWRP, but I'm wondering... does it also mean that if you flash back to a stock ROM that TWRP won't work properly?

EDIT: My question was obviously stated with some knowledge missing. Recovery is obviously not dependent upon the ROM, as the ROM is loaded after the recovery program is done! But... I'm curious to know, if I made a nandroid backup with TWRP 2.2.2.0, will TWRP2 be able to restore it?
14th October 2012, 03:51 PM |#17  
Flag NJ

More
Battery Low
* DELETE *
30th November 2012, 08:48 AM |#18  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 10

More
There has been a small oversight with the GooManager route of distribution and the original post for this particular phone. You must have a PC or have a phone that can flash .zips or has a 2.3 or up ROM installed so it can run GooManager, even though this phones last OTA was Android 2.1, so it probably should have a .zip posted instead.

For example, I have a stock but rooted HTC Hero from Sprint as my backup with the latest OTA. So I can't use this method of install for this recovery without flashing a different recovery first, and then either flashing it as a .zip or upgrading my ROM to a 2.2 or 2.3 based ROM. In reality, I think most will just stick with whatever recovery must be flashed first in this situation as I will, even though I wanted TWRP. That said I think most of the users that use this will just want a .zip.

But there is no .zip posted for the guys that can flash it. This also makes it an overly cumbersome option if the handset is in stock state. As I said, I probably won't bother re-flashing, I kind of like sticking to one recovery on a phone and prefer to do minimal NAND writes.
30th November 2012, 12:58 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 338

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizturbedOne

There has been a small oversight with the GooManager route of distribution and the original post for this particular phone. You must have a PC or have a phone that can flash .zips or has a 2.3 or up ROM installed so it can run GooManager, even though this phones last OTA was Android 2.1, so it probably should have a .zip posted instead.

That said I think most of the users that use this will just want a .zip.

But there is no .zip posted for the guys that can flash it. This also makes it an overly cumbersome option if the handset is in stock state. As I said, I probably won't bother re-flashing, I kind of like sticking to one recovery on a phone and prefer to do minimal NAND writes.

As stated a couple of posts before you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy

I am going to leave the automated GooManager install for the Hero on version 2.2.2.0 due to the age of the device and the problems with recovery API 3 and older zips. TWRP 2.3.0.0 does work fine on the HeroC but I'm willing to bet that most zips are using old update binaries that will not install on the new version. If anyone wants to try, you're welcome to download and flash the newer versions manually:
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/heroc

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
1st December 2012, 06:13 AM |#20  
Flag NJ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie459MN

Yes, Firerats has nothing to do with the recovery. Firerats just resizes your data/system/cache portion of the system really so you can install more apps.

I am using it and love it and works awesome on my Hero.

That's good to know. I think I'll give it a shot.
10th June 2013, 09:13 PM |#21  

More
Well, Yesterday I had my first issue and dont know if its recovery related but I booted into recovery to look at something and as soon as I rebooted the phone I started getting all kinds of system FC's and and stuff and had to pull the battery and reboot. Same thing. So I then pulled the battery again, booted into the bootloader so I could get into the recovery and it sat at the "TeamWin" splash screen for a lot longer then normal but I then tried to wipe cache, and dalvik then restore permissions and reboot only to completely get stuck at my splashscreen so I pulled the battery again and booted into the boot loader and then into the recovery and now all it does is sits at the "TeamWin" splashscreen and never enters recovery.

Now that I think about it, I dont know that I have really went into the recovery since flashing the 2.2.2.0 (Touch scree) to my hero. Going to try and flash a new recovery via fastboot and see if I can get this thing to boot again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)