WIFI Probelm. Get connection but cant use!

Search This thread

iko172302

Dec 7, 2008
Ok, I looked on the WIKI and searched the site for a solution and was unable to find one.

Here is my problem. I have wireless internet at my house. My access point works fine. My laptop and PS3 connect to with no problem at all. My Touch pro connects to it with no problem. But, after I connect to the WIFI (and verify it is connected) I cannot use it?

I tried to open opera = "site not found" try to open Skyfire = "site not found"
I cant even update my weather while connected to WIFI. So thats my problem. I can connect to WIFI but not use it!:confused:

ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you in advance. iko:)[

iko172302

Dec 7, 2008
I'm having the exact same problem...

You and I are not the first. I researched this (in depth) and it is found on a lot of sites, people complaining about it....However, I have yet to find an answer, that is why I came here...these guys can usually solve some pretty complex stuff!;)

Hopefully someone answers soon......:confused:

broche85

Jul 22, 2008
Ok, I looked on the WIKI and searched the site for a solution and was unable to find one.

Here is my problem. I have wireless internet at my house. My access point works fine. My laptop and PS3 connect to with no problem at all. My Touch pro connects to it with no problem. But, after I connect to the WIFI (and verify it is connected) I cannot use it?

I tried to open opera = "site not found" try to open Skyfire = "site not found"
I cant even update my weather while connected to WIFI. So thats my problem. I can connect to WIFI but not use it!:confused:

ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you in advance. iko:)[

I have the same problem... ps3s and all. The only difference is my network shows up on my TP but it displays half the signal strength my laptop and my ps3s show.

iko172302

Dec 7, 2008
I have the same problem... ps3s and all. The only difference is my network shows up on my TP but it displays half the signal strength my laptop and my ps3s show.

ok i fix it....very very easy...under the "WIFI" settings there is a box to check...next to the box it says "use IEEE 802.1X Network Access Control" check this box then under that is a choice for "EAP Type" choose the "smart card" connection....also turn off your data connection via the comm manager...for some reason my TP wont let me connect to WIFI when the data communication is enabled....good luck worked for me!

WaltA

Nov 26, 2008
ok i fix it....very very easy...under the "WIFI" settings there is a box to check...next to the box it says "use IEEE 802.1X Network Access Control" check this box then under that is a choice for "EAP Type" choose the "smart card" connection....also turn off your data connection via the comm manager...for some reason my TP wont let me connect to WIFI when the data communication is enabled....good luck worked for me!

When I go into Settings, the Connections tab, and click on WiFi, I don't see any check boxes at all, let alone one for "Use IEEE ...".

I must be in the wrong menu/place. Could someone please help direct me to the right place? :confused:

andrei792001

Feb 24, 2009
Bucharest
try to install some app that block`s data connections from your mobile provider ... nodata for example, you can find a link to it on xda.

set all the other connections to disabled ... and you phone connection to GSM ... not GPRS, EDGE or something else ...

set your wi-fi connection to connect to the internet ... not to work.

this worked for me for a dlink 784 router, now i`m banging my head against a 524 (again DLink) and have the same problem it connects but does not get on the internet. the problem seems to come from the TP, some settings need adjusting but i didnt figure out which one yet ...

good luck
PS: for iko, i think you have your router set on enteprise security, not personal... for personal WPA, WPA2 with a PSK, and TKIP or AES encryption, the "use IEEE 802.1X Network Access Control" is checked and greyed out, and you do not have access to it on the TP

Last edited: