FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel][sense/aosp] MAC Sense v3.7 - 2/15 || D.I.R.T y MAC v4.1.2 - 4/21

1,513 posts
Thanks Meter: 852
 
By MikeC84, Senior Member on 2nd September 2012, 12:54 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
28th September 2012, 06:17 AM |#101  
DarkRazorZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gunsan, South Korea
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdultra

how to set or disable gpu OC? thx

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1719934

This should allow you to modify the GPU speed.
GuestX0011
28th September 2012, 09:18 PM |#102  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
OKay Some major issues. First I am S-OFF (even says in bootlaoder) Using 4EXT recovery tried TWRP first though. Wiped cache and Dalvik Cache

Now wifi gives me a error, SETcpu doesn't list any additional frequencies, or schedulers or Governors, Basically It isn't even changing. I re downloaded and tried again. NO luck.

Any ideas?

also
Shooter XC SHIP S-OFF RL
Jbear HBOOT 1.58.5858
Radio 1.09.00.0706

on the latest update so 2.89?

Also I am new to the EVo 3D scene .Just came form my evo 4G
28th September 2012, 09:50 PM |#103  
MikeC84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 852
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsjr123

OKay Some major issues. First I am S-OFF (even says in bootlaoder) Using 4EXT recovery tried TWRP first though. Wiped cache and Dalvik Cache

Now wifi gives me a error, SETcpu doesn't list any additional frequencies, or schedulers or Governors, Basically It isn't even changing. I re downloaded and tried again. NO luck.

Any ideas?

also
Shooter XC SHIP S-OFF RL
Jbear HBOOT 1.58.5858
Radio 1.09.00.0706

on the latest update so 2.89?

Also I am new to the EVo 3D scene .Just came form my evo 4G

That is odd. WiFi is working fine on this kernel. Also I haven't heard of any problems with frequencies or governors until your post.

You only need to wipe cache. Wiping dalvik does nothing g for kernel flashes..
GuestX0011
28th September 2012, 09:54 PM |#104  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC84

That is odd. WiFi is working fine on this kernel. Also I haven't heard of any problems with frequencies or governors until your post.

You only need to wipe cache. Wiping dalvik does nothing g for kernel flashes..

I tried Dalvik As a just in case measure. I found it odd as well. It basically is the STOCK ICS ROM Rooted JBEAR S-OFF, with busybox and superuser. I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. I'm going to re download and check the MD5 to see if something could have happened.

Also I can't just reflash the boot.img to recover i have to flash the entire nandroid to get back to where I was with a working wifi. Which I is weird as well. This shouldn't be happening and it could be my phone because others are working. Will try and find out what the issue is.
28th September 2012, 10:06 PM |#105  
MikeC84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 852
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsjr123

I tried Dalvik As a just in case measure. I found it odd as well. It basically is the STOCK ICS ROM Rooted JBEAR S-OFF, with busybox and superuser. I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. I'm going to re download and check the MD5 to see if something could have happened.

Also I can't just reflash the boot.img to recover i have to flash the entire nandroid to get back to where I was with a working wifi. Which I is weird as well. This shouldn't be happening and it could be my phone because others are working. Will try and find out what the issue is.


I have never tried jbear hboot. Not sure if that may be the problem although I don't think it is.

Any one else using jbear hboot with this?

I only use revolutionary hboot 1.4 and tried the 1.58 from revolution HD rom thread but back on 1.4

Suggest using a custom Rom there are a few that are un themed. Like cool rom.
GuestX0011
29th September 2012, 04:25 AM |#106  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC84

I have never tried jbear hboot. Not sure if that may be the problem although I don't think it is.

Any one else using jbear hboot with this?

I only use revolutionary hboot 1.4 and tried the 1.58 from revolution HD rom thread but back on 1.4

Suggest using a custom Rom there are a few that are un themed. Like cool rom.


updated to the newest ICS rom. was a on 5858 the newest one was 69. I just flashed a custom cool rom and well it worked out well. Could ahve been the version number and missing or conflicting things but I might look into it more.
29th September 2012, 06:58 AM |#107  
MikeC84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 852
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsjr123

updated to the newest ICS rom. was a on 5858 the newest one was 69. I just flashed a custom cool rom and well it worked out well. Could ahve been the version number and missing or conflicting things but I might look into it more.

Nice. Glad you got it working.

Also expect an update soon guys. Been busy lately but trying for Sunday fun day release or at latest Monday.


• Name change
• Patched up to Linux 3.0.43
• -O3 Linaro Optimized - FAST!
• Faster boot up
• Fix -O3 compile errors (me - Chad G - Agrabren - Showp1984)
• Implement ck1 patchset - ziggy
• Add -Ofast Linaro flag to config
• Ziggy sysfs vdd interface - You can now see voltages in Antutu CPU master
• Ziggy's LagFree
• Add sysfs to config for smartass v2 - Ziggy
• Update LZO zram
• zram - default back to LZO
• Removed a bunch of governors for battery testing (SavagedZen, Lionheart, Intellidemand, Scary, Lulzactive, Wheatley, Pegasusq, Lazy)
• Default to SIO
• MHzx8 bandwidth
• 3-phase throttling with sysfs added to thermal managment
• User configurable sweep2wake coordinates
• Fix thermal management
• Tweak deadline io scheduler for better performance on Android
• Fix bug due to buffer overrun
• Fix Max speed on boot up
• Everything else from 1.0.0
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeC84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeC84 Ad-Free
29th September 2012, 04:51 PM |#108  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Does this work on miui v4?

Sent from my 3VO
29th September 2012, 05:57 PM |#109  
MikeC84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 852
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaykid11

Does this work on miui v4?

Sent from my 3VO

Yes it does. Actually it already the default kernel in miui.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeC84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeC84 Ad-Free
30th September 2012, 02:54 AM |#110  
digitalhigh's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 12,019
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC84

Nice. Glad you got it working.

Also expect an update soon guys. Been busy lately but trying for Sunday fun day release or at latest Monday.


• Name change
• Patched up to Linux 3.0.43
• -O3 Linaro Optimized - FAST!
• Faster boot up
• Fix -O3 compile errors (me - Chad G - Agrabren - Showp1984)
• Implement ck1 patchset - ziggy
• Add -Ofast Linaro flag to config
• Ziggy sysfs vdd interface - You can now see voltages in Antutu CPU master
• Ziggy's LagFree
• Add sysfs to config for smartass v2 - Ziggy
• Update LZO zram
• zram - default back to LZO
• Removed a bunch of governors for battery testing (SavagedZen, Lionheart, Intellidemand, Scary, Lulzactive, Wheatley, Pegasusq, Lazy)
• Default to SIO
• MHzx8 bandwidth
• 3-phase throttling with sysfs added to thermal managment
• User configurable sweep2wake coordinates
• Fix thermal management
• Tweak deadline io scheduler for better performance on Android
• Fix bug due to buffer overrun
• Fix Max speed on boot up
• Everything else from 1.0.0

Dude...you are a BEAST. I'm already getting the best performance on MIUI I have ever gotten with ANY other kernel. I positively cannot wait until I can get my hands on the updated version. If this thing gets any quicker, Antutu is gonna flag me for cheating.
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2012, 04:23 AM |#111  
MikeC84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 852
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh

Dude...you are a BEAST. I'm already getting the best performance on MIUI I have ever gotten with ANY other kernel. I positively cannot wait until I can get my hands on the updated version. If this thing gets any quicker, Antutu is gonna flag me for cheating.


Well -O3 will most likely improve benchmarks on top of the Linaro tool chain it self. Linaro been proven to bring 50% increase in performance on android not sure if that is with -O3 or not.

It currently on -Os which is the lowest optimization level. It not even an optimization level really because s stands for size with no optimizations.

-O3 is fully optimized!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes