24th September 2012, 11:42 PM |#681  
Flag Berkshire
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slef2003

UK
Batch HT23

Phone started losing wifi connections coupled with random freezes and reboots and power problems in that the phone would discharege extremely quickly.

Following call to HTC support in UK received RMA details, printed of delivery forms, packed up the phone and dropped of with UPS on a Friday afternoon, phone arrived at regeneris on Monday, no movement or update on system then phone returned following Friday.

No note in to say what was done or any email to say it was being returned!

Phone call to HTC support to find out what had been done and was informed that the Motherboard and battery had been replaced.

On a power front the phone is much better at keeping a charge and I have to report taht apart from the non existent contact Regeneris at Huntingdon seem to have done a good job and I am happy with turnaround time and the repair.....well done HTC.

Those are the people who didn't repair mine twice, I'm really really happy to hear that they're sorting it out.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
25th September 2012, 04:10 AM |#682  
Flag Dundee
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence750

your contract is with the retailer (amazon), return to them and let them deal with it. they might not offer a replacement this long after purchase anyways

Amazon uk dont have any in stock so i have to get a refund and pruchase form another retailer.
25th September 2012, 08:58 AM |#683  
Flag Berkshire
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghori1989

Aamazon uk dont have any in stock so i have to get a refund and pruchase form another retailer.

This could make it easier for you, try to inspect the phone first, hamdir wrote up a great guide for everything to check when buying the phone. Most shops would normally be fine with you checking it first. Particularly if you explain situation first

The Following User Says Thank You to lawrence750 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lawrence750 Ad-Free
26th September 2012, 06:23 PM |#684  
Flag Dundee

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence750

This could make it easier for you, try to inspect the phone first, hamdir wrote up a great guide for everything to check when buying the phone. Most shops would normally be fine with you checking it first. Particularly if you explain situation first

I will check the guide out.

Thanks
29th September 2012, 12:15 PM |#685  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 853

More
My One X has developed a dead spot on the digitiser. I bought it used so obviously don't have any proof of purchase.

Does anyone know if HTC will honour a warranty without proof of purchase?
29th September 2012, 12:38 PM |#686  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
I don't think so. In my encounters with HTC or it's partners they've always requested the proof of purchase before any serios action.

Try to talk with the seller, he might help you.
29th September 2012, 12:45 PM |#687  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 853

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uqadwe

I don't think so. In my encounters with HTC or it's partners they've always requested the proof of purchase before any serios action.

Try to talk with the seller, he might help you.

Thought so. It was a local classified site and I no longer have the sellers number.

Looks like I'll just have to pay to have it fixed or sell it
29th September 2012, 02:28 PM |#688  
Flag Darlington
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealtbh

Thought so. It was a local classified site and I no longer have the sellers number.

Looks like I'll just have to pay to have it fixed or sell it

They have never asked for proof of purchase from me. I have had loads of second hand HTC devices bought 2nd hand and sent them away.
The Following User Says Thank You to ste1164 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ste1164 Ad-Free
29th September 2012, 11:39 PM |#689  
Flag Dundee

More
I got my new one x today. Its a HT24W. So far i cant see or feel any defects. It did take about 6 hours to charge before i turned it on. The big question now is, do i wait for the offical jelly bean or should i go and piss most of my warrenty away by using htc dev
30th September 2012, 12:48 PM |#690  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 543

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghori1989

I got my new one x today. Its a HT24W. So far i cant see or feel any defects. It did take about 6 hours to charge before i turned it on. The big question now is, do i wait for the offical jelly bean or should i go and piss most of my warrenty away by using htc dev

If you're a custom ROM type of person, you'll end up there anyway and it's just a matter of how long will you be delayed. I'd say try out Sense until you can't take it any more.
30th September 2012, 01:04 PM |#691  
Flag Al Ain
Thanks Meter: 344

More
HTC distributor in UAE, SIT distribution is the worst in customer care for HTC and spoiling their name here. I have sent my device for screen creaking and power button lost its click and stuck problems. They sent me back after 4 days just reflashing the ROM without doing ANYTHING else.
Planning to go to them in person next week. Let me see what they answer me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)