Thanks Meter: 139

By angelobiz, Senior Member on 6th June 2012, 10:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2012, 06:24 PM |#471  
Flag kidderminster
Thanks Meter: 507

More
MT6575 Driver Installtion Step by Step jpalpano
I have experienced so much frustration installing the drivers for the first time, in order to use it with SP-Flash Tool and SP-MDT Tool.
It took a lot of research, trial and error, and hair-pulling activities before I was able to finally do it.

So to help our newbies out there, I hope this guide may help you.

This is for you if your problem is:
The Flasht Tool or SP-MDT Tool cannot detect your phone.
When you plug your phone, you hear it connecting, and disconnecting immediately in Windows.
Your phone goes into connecting and disconnecting state.
Your phone can be flashed via the SP-Flash Tool, but not through the SP-MDT Tool

The Basics:
There are actually 2 different types of drivers for this phone:
1. The USB driver
- You need to have this installed in order for you to use it via ADB Devices, USB Debugging mode, TPSparky Root tool, etc.
- This driver is needed for activities where the phone remains turned on.
- The component of this driver will appear as MT65xx ADB Interface device
2. The Preloader driver
- You need to have this installed in order for you to use it with the Flashing Tool and SP-MDT Tool
- This driver is needed for activities where the phone is turned off.
- There are two components of this driver: The Meditatek USB VCOM driver and the Mediatek USB DA VCOM driver

The Tools:
There are two types of tools you can use for updating this phone:
1. The SP-Flash Tool
- This is easier to use as long as you have correctly installed the device drivers
- This is recommended for flashing only a few parts of the ROM, like for example, changing only the recovery, uboot, and boot images.
2. The SP-MDT Tool
- This is an advanced tool which allows you to set the display drivers
- The installation of the driver is a little more complex for this tool in order for your phone to be detected
- If you are able to successfully flash using the SP-Flashtool, but then your display is black, wrong color, twisted, etc, this tool is what you need.

There are a lot of people who are able to successfully install drivers and flash using the SP-Flashtool,
but to no success when using the SP-MDT tool.
In my experience, once I got to make the SP-MDT tool work, I had no use for SP-Flashtool anymore.

The Procedure
First of all, if you have installed the drivers already, and think it doesn't work, I recommend to clear out all
Android drivers you have installed using the USB Deview tool.
Delete all those drivers there that starts with MT.
Also delete any other drivers you might have installed for your old or other Android Devices.

ADB Interface Device
Turn your phone on and switch on the USB Debuggin mode under Settings>Developer Options.
Plug your phone to your computer
On the Hardware Update Wizard, select Install from a specific list or specific location (Advanced) option. Click Next.
Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option. Click Next.
On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some of you may not see this screen)
Click the Have Disk... button.
On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the android_winusb.inf driver in your hard drive (link below).
Open it then Click OK.
Click the Next button and wait for Windows to install the driver.
You may be notified by windows about failure for driver verification, just select Continue Anyway
Once done, it should successfully install the driver.
Check if you phone can be detected now via the ADB Devices.

You can now use the TPSparky root tool to root your phone and install SuperUser.

USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers
Launch your Device Manager and Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) section.
Resize the screen ofyour Device Manager in a way that you see the Ports section without having to scroll down the window.
Make this window always visible. Do not minimize it.

PART 1
Turn off your phone and remove the battery.
Plug your phone into your PC and wait for it to be detected.
Windows should automatically bring up the Hardware Update Wizard.
If it did not, that means you have not totally deleted the old drivers using the USB Deview tool.
On the Hardware Update Wizard, select Install from a specific list or specific location (Advanced) option. Click Next.
On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some may not see this screen)
On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the driver in your hard drive. Open it then Click OK.
You may be notified by windows about failure for driver verification, just select Continue Anyway
The device manager should refresh and you should see the driver in the Ports section.
But then you will notice it will disappear, and you will hear the USB disconnected sound right away. This is alright.

PART 2
Disconnect your phone from USB
Insert the battery back
Plug your phone into the computer again.
You should be prompted for the drivers again.
Follow the same steps above and use the same driver file.
Once installed, the phone will disappear from Device Manager again. That is alright. Do not worry.

After Parts 1 and 2 above, you should have been able to install both the USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers.
You should now be able to flash using both of the flash tools.

SP-Flashtool can detect it but not SP-MDT tool
In order for SP-MDT tool to work, your driver should be installed between COM1 and COM16.
If not, then SP-MDT cannot flash your phone.

To solve it, you must force assign the COM port for your phone.
These steps are a little tricky so you must have quick hands.
Turn off your phone and disconnect from your computer
Remove battery for a few seconds, then put it back. Don't turn on.
On your device manager, focus your eyes on the Ports section
Connect your phone to the USB.
The device manager shall refresh and you should see your phone under the Ports section with the COM# in parenthesis (ex: COM8).
If the COM# of your phone is COM17 and up, then we have to change it.
Your eyes should be quick because this will disappear in a few seconds.
Disconnect again the phone from USB.
Remove battery again, then put it back.
Now, position your mouse over the part where you saw your phone in the Ports section.
When the Device Manager refreshes and shows your devices, immediately double click it before it disappears again.
The properties of the device should now pop-up.
Click the Port Setttings tab and click the Advanced.. button.
On the bottom of the new window is a COM Port Number drop-down menu, showing the current port # assigned to your phone.
Click the drop-down and select any available COM ports between COM1 and COM16. (I used COM8 with mine).
Click OK, then OK again.
Disconnect and Reconnect your phone again and make sure that device manager already show it under the COM# you assigned.
Your device should now be detected by the SP-MDT Tool.

If this steps have helped you, I will really appreciate if you thank me using the Thanks button, before just replying to my post and saying thanks.

*********************http://www.mediafire.com/?kma1bj39ackke4a
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sas007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sas007 Ad-Free

30th September 2012, 01:13 AM |#472  
Flag Aveiro - Portugal
Thanks Meter: 0

More
main camera troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptx

the display is correct, I can get the front camera working with hi704_yuv but i have tried all combinations and it just does not see the main camera, I have 3 phones like it now
im sure its firmware related maybe new camera's with drivers not released yet... might try a nandroid backup from one of the others.

ill see what the factory come back with.

Hi,
I have the same problem. My N9000 i9220PAD came with the 02-08-2012 firmware and the main camera took 2 or 3 photos and then nothing. Not recognized anymore. I have tried, as you, perhaps all combinations and just the front camera works. Did you tried a fresh working nandroid backup? May you share your results?
Thank you
30th September 2012, 01:47 AM |#473  
Flag hamilton

More
screen turn off when making call
the screen turn-off when making phone call , all buttons are not responsible,
but if I plug in the earbud-microphone came with the phone the screen came back on.
I try to turn off the proximity sensor in the reset menu by setting Test Fail option I don't know if the sensor is turned off
or not but the problem whith the screen turn-off is still existing.
Anyone has this problem? or how to fix it?
thanks
30th September 2012, 04:46 AM |#474  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Exclamation
Hi Bro,

I have tried your step by step guide. I was able to detect the phone in adb mode.
I want to flash CWN recovery and the command fastboot.exe flash recovery cwm_recovery_Star_A9220-512-512.img
does not as HTC. How to go into to bootloader and fastboot mode? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas007

MT6575 Driver Installtion Step by Step jpalpano
I have experienced so much frustration installing the drivers for the first time, in order to use it with SP-Flash Tool and SP-MDT Tool.
It took a lot of research, trial and error, and hair-pulling activities before I was able to finally do it.

So to help our newbies out there, I hope this guide may help you.

This is for you if your problem is:
The Flasht Tool or SP-MDT Tool cannot detect your phone.
When you plug your phone, you hear it connecting, and disconnecting immediately in Windows.
Your phone goes into connecting and disconnecting state.
Your phone can be flashed via the SP-Flash Tool, but not through the SP-MDT Tool

The Basics:
There are actually 2 different types of drivers for this phone:
1. The USB driver
- You need to have this installed in order for you to use it via ADB Devices, USB Debugging mode, TPSparky Root tool, etc.
- This driver is needed for activities where the phone remains turned on.
- The component of this driver will appear as MT65xx ADB Interface device
2. The Preloader driver
- You need to have this installed in order for you to use it with the Flashing Tool and SP-MDT Tool
- This driver is needed for activities where the phone is turned off.
- There are two components of this driver: The Meditatek USB VCOM driver and the Mediatek USB DA VCOM driver

The Tools:
There are two types of tools you can use for updating this phone:
1. The SP-Flash Tool
- This is easier to use as long as you have correctly installed the device drivers
- This is recommended for flashing only a few parts of the ROM, like for example, changing only the recovery, uboot, and boot images.
2. The SP-MDT Tool
- This is an advanced tool which allows you to set the display drivers
- The installation of the driver is a little more complex for this tool in order for your phone to be detected
- If you are able to successfully flash using the SP-Flashtool, but then your display is black, wrong color, twisted, etc, this tool is what you need.

There are a lot of people who are able to successfully install drivers and flash using the SP-Flashtool,
but to no success when using the SP-MDT tool.
In my experience, once I got to make the SP-MDT tool work, I had no use for SP-Flashtool anymore.

The Procedure
First of all, if you have installed the drivers already, and think it doesn't work, I recommend to clear out all
Android drivers you have installed using the USB Deview tool.
Delete all those drivers there that starts with MT.
Also delete any other drivers you might have installed for your old or other Android Devices.

ADB Interface Device
Turn your phone on and switch on the USB Debuggin mode under Settings>Developer Options.
Plug your phone to your computer
On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some of you may not see this screen)
On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the android_winusb.inf driver in your hard drive (link below).
Open it then Click OK.
Check if you phone can be detected now via the ADB Devices.

You can now use the TPSparky root tool to root your phone and install SuperUser.

USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers
Launch your Device Manager and Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) section.
Resize the screen ofyour Device Manager in a way that you see the Ports section without having to scroll down the window.
Make this window always visible. Do not minimize it.

PART 1
Turn off your phone and remove the battery.
Plug your phone into your PC and wait for it to be detected.
Windows should automatically bring up the Hardware Update Wizard.
If it did not, that means you have not totally deleted the old drivers using the USB Deview tool.
On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some may not see this screen)
On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the driver in your hard drive. Open it then Click OK.
The device manager should refresh and you should see the driver in the Ports section.
But then you will notice it will disappear, and you will hear the USB disconnected sound right away. This is alright.

PART 2
Disconnect your phone from USB
Insert the battery back
Plug your phone into the computer again.
You should be prompted for the drivers again.
Follow the same steps above and use the same driver file.
Once installed, the phone will disappear from Device Manager again. That is alright. Do not worry.

After Parts 1 and 2 above, you should have been able to install both the USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers.
You should now be able to flash using both of the flash tools.

SP-Flashtool can detect it but not SP-MDT tool
In order for SP-MDT tool to work, your driver should be installed between COM1 and COM16.
If not, then SP-MDT cannot flash your phone.

To solve it, you must force assign the COM port for your phone.
These steps are a little tricky so you must have quick hands.
Turn off your phone and disconnect from your computer
Remove battery for a few seconds, then put it back. Don't turn on.
On your device manager, focus your eyes on the Ports section
The device manager shall refresh and you should see your phone under the Ports section with the COM# in parenthesis (ex: COM8).
If the COM# of your phone is COM17 and up, then we have to change it.
Your eyes should be quick because this will disappear in a few seconds.
Disconnect again the phone from USB.
Remove battery again, then put it back.
Now, position your mouse over the part where you saw your phone in the Ports section.
When the Device Manager refreshes and shows your devices, immediately double click it before it disappears again.
The properties of the device should now pop-up.
Click the Port Setttings tab and click the Advanced.. button.
On the bottom of the new window is a COM Port Number drop-down menu, showing the current port # assigned to your phone.
Click the drop-down and select any available COM ports between COM1 and COM16. (I used COM8 with mine).
Click OK, then OK again.
Disconnect and Reconnect your phone again and make sure that device manager already show it under the COM# you assigned.
Your device should now be detected by the SP-MDT Tool.

If this steps have helped you, I will really appreciate if you thank me using the Thanks button, before just replying to my post and saying thanks.

*********************http://www.mediafire.com/?kma1bj39ackke4a

30th September 2012, 10:32 AM |#475  
Thanks Meter: 5

More

this is my phone. i installed new firmware but screen shows just white. i tried most drivers. no luck. can you help me?
i installed 20120802 rom
30th September 2012, 11:16 AM |#476  
Flag kidderminster

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by langong

the screen turn-off when making phone call , all buttons are not responsible,
but if I plug in the earbud-microphone came with the phone the screen came back on.
I try to turn off the proximity sensor in the reset menu by setting Test Fail option I don't know if the sensor is turned off
or not but the problem whith the screen turn-off is still existing.
Anyone has this problem? or how to fix it?
thanks

you need to recalibrate proximity sensor

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogomogo

this is my phone. i installed new firmware but screen shows just white. i tried most drivers. no luck. can you help me?
i installed 20120802 rom

DID YOU TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK WHAT FIRMWARE DEVICE CAME WITH?
WHAT WAS BASEBAND OR KERNEL?

That firmware LOOKS incorrect for your device drivers and cameras etc i recon you need 9p017
please download this.http://www.divshare.com/download/19455044-613 03/07/12 should be correct for you
then download this http://www.mediafire.com/?i2n7pe2qf1h47lh and copy the recovery img (rename just recovery first)to firmware file and replace stock recovery in downloaded firmware file and flash
this will give you firmware with custom recovery in one flash.
then download this http://www.mediafire.com/?1h9r7bcq13o5h2d and copy to sd card and install via recovery.this is a modded rom of firmware and it is fantastic and i highly recommend as been on it for a while
The Following User Says Thank You to sas007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sas007 Ad-Free
30th September 2012, 03:43 PM |#477  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i fixed my phone. i changed lcd and main camera driver and works perfect now.
is there any 4.04 or 4.09 fw for pad?
1st October 2012, 09:58 AM |#478  

More
who can help me to look up a custom rom for ov5647 ??
1st October 2012, 10:11 AM |#479  
Flag Italy near loreto
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi guys, i have a problem , when i make a call i cant do nothing, i mean ...i would like for example end the call but the screen is black , is like the sensor dont work, what can i do for fix the problem? software or hardware???
1st October 2012, 10:14 AM |#480  
Flag kidderminster

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quocdat288

who can help me to look up a custom rom for ov5647 ??

at the moment there is no custom roms about for this build.i have been watching for one.
you can look here but i already search and nothing.http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19264

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz83

Hi guys, i have a problem , when i make a call i cant do nothing, i mean ...i would like for example end the call but the screen is black , is like the sensor dont work, what can i do for fix the problem? software or hardware???

hello you need to recalibrate proximity sensor in engineer mode.This will solve your problem.
there is topics in this thread to do it.
1st October 2012, 03:58 PM |#481  
Flag Selargius

More
Hi,
today I read the whole topic but I can not find the solution to my problem. I have a N9000 i9220 as described on the first page but when I updated my phone, the screen turned white. The problem is that it is completely white. I feel it is turned on, I can unlock it, but I can not find the right firmware at this point. I can not run SPMultiport but only SP flash tools ... how can I fix the problem? I have to change the display driver? and how?
Thanks and sorry to bother you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
haipai, mtk6575

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)