FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[AVAILABILITY THREAD] This Is The Official Thread For Availability For All Nations.

6,142 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,889

By O_G, ET Admin on 3rd October 2012, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd October 2012, 06:34 PM |#31  
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Reducing overall clutter in threads and sub forums is great, let's do it.

As far as availability goes, in the US, there has been mention of Oct 21 on att and early November for others. Given though that Samsung has an event scheduled on the 25th featuring the S-pen in the invite, the info does not seem to be definitive till then. Anyone knowing anything more?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3rd October 2012, 06:35 PM |#32  
RC-RT Committee Lead / Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Flag Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 51,430

Donate to Me
More
ALCON,
as stated lets move on and those that feel they need to move further on so be it, XDA will remain as it has been...Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Judge Joseph Dredd Ad-Free
3rd October 2012, 06:35 PM |#33  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Look guys, plain and simple fact is there is no need for threads like them. General is about General info. I dont really care if you guys like the choice that was made. We do what is best for the site.

Now as for the comment above. General is about General info. Specs, Over all availability, pricing and off topic chit chat. Non of this is country spicific

Zillion different places in India with Billion different prices and millions of new offers on thousands of online sites are not country specific????
Well, let's just call it a day shall we..anyways we will migrate soon..
Thanks for the support

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
3rd October 2012, 06:37 PM |#34  
Retired Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 19,954

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshd

Ok..requested Paul of modaco of opening of the phone section..
As soon as he opens it I will create a thread there and we can discuss there..
Leaving Xda as it is..
I will post the link to the new thread @modaco here asap..
Thank you mods@xda

I would do it by PM as you cant link to modaco. check the rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilp18

Well this reply was not expected from a MOD....discussing in general thread should be allowed...

Look the issue is not talking about it. The issue is some peoples want/need for talking about availability in one country over another. There is no real reason for this. It doesnt help the site as a hole and only fills up each device forum with useless threads.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zelendel Ad-Free
3rd October 2012, 06:37 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagelis

Reducing overall clutter in threads and sub forums is great, let's do it.

As far as availability goes, in the US, there has been mention of Oct 21 on att and early November for others. Given though that Samsung has an event scheduled on the 25th featuring the S-pen in the invite, the info does not seem to be definitive till then. Anyone knowing anything more?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

+1. Country specific threads just do that, reduce clutter Some get it, some don't :P

US availability would be the end of month after the event from what I could gather. Samsung got too busy launching the phone first in India (sorry, couldn't resist that one)
3rd October 2012, 06:41 PM |#36  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

I would do it by PM as you cant link to modaco. check the rules

Look the issue is not talking about it. The issue is some peoples want/need for talking about availability in one country over another. There is no real reason for this. It doesnt help the site as a hole and only fills up each device forum with useless threads.

Well however you wanna play it..
I will pm all the 100 Indian owners..
Already got rply frm Paul he is setting the thread as we speak..

Thank you for your co-operation..

3rd October 2012, 06:44 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshd

Well however you wanna play it..
I will pm all the 100 Indian owners..
Already got rply frm Paul he is setting the thread as we speak..

Thank you for your co-operation..

Good on you!!

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to shamps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shamps Ad-Free
3rd October 2012, 06:47 PM |#38  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs down Racist Racist Racist!!
I think all these mods are Racist!!! They have a problem just because it is Indians doing that. Shame on you.
I just registered to post this.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jusched For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jusched Ad-Free
3rd October 2012, 06:52 PM |#39  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusched

I think all these mods are Racist!!! They have a problem just because it is Indians doing that. Shame on you.
I just registered to post this.

And I just banned you for posting that...

This has gone long enough...

Listen, and listen well because I will only say this ONCE.

We are not racist nor do we have an issue with threads like the ones you want created. Having said that, Creating Nationality based threads does create a segregationist atmosphere throughout xda.

This place is a color-blind, religion-blind, nationality-blind forum, where we do not discriminate against ANYONE for ANYTHING (sex, sexual orientation, religion, ethinicity, political preference, etc). Creating threads such as "[country] Official Discussion Thread" is not something that is required to talk about devices that may be country specific. You could (and this is to counter the argument from above regarding the specs, availability, etc), instead of creating a "Country" specific thread, you could create a "DEVICE" specific thread. Guess what? Devices with different specs will have different model names and will be available in different places. No need to create a thread about Country specific talk when the forum is for device specific talk.

Were you even aware of the existence of the Social Groups feature on this site, which was specifically added to prevent this exact kind of situation?? In fact, if I am not mistaken, there is an Indian only social group which has been around since the days of WM.

Want to go to MoDaCo to create these threads? Be my guest, I have nothing against you leaving or against Paul opening up a sub forum for a specific device. If the other 100 people who agree with you also leave, then so be it as well. I am not holding a grudge if they chose to follow your lead. Sheeple will be sheeple after all. However, (and this is the reason why I am actually pissed) raising the race card does absolutely no good to ANYONE and in fact it just breeds more hatred between people. Just like I did with the person above, I will outright permanently ban ANYONE in this site, regardless of status, who brings up the race card in such a manner. People coming from ALL OVER THE WORLD in here have cooperated for almost 10 years for stupidity like this to flare up, and I will not allow anyone to compromise the foundations of this site with stupid racial-hatred half baked theories.

Want to create your thread? Go right ahead, I will not prevent you from doing it, but regardless of your motivation, it creates clutter whether you want to accept it or not, and thus it creates more trouble and a large workload for our moderators. In fact, one of the threads that I was pointed at earlier today (GS2 Indian owners thread, I believe)... I have NEVER seen a thread that has been acted on as much as that without being a development thread.

If the moderators in charge of this sub forum stated that no threads like this would be allowed, then I am sorry to burst your bubble, but you cannot create them. And by doing so, regardless of your motives, you are effectively breaking site rules.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift egzthunder1 Ad-Free
3rd October 2012, 07:36 PM |#40  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 1,922

More
Well I've a simple and straight brain (call me an amateur/noob or whatever) and it tells me that a single thread with all people from all over the world will create more clutter than 5/6 several zone specific threads. And in case someone ruins that single thread it'll be closed and other members will suffer for no reason.
And if it's all about development or civilised mannerism, then may I ask how some topics are alive with bashing other brands in silly language and manner and no one is bothered about it?
Give me an infraction for this message, I'll be happily accepting it.

Sent from my GT-I9100
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ithehappy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ithehappy Ad-Free
3rd October 2012, 07:44 PM |#41  
OP ET Admin
Flag Cheltenham
Thanks Meter: 6,889

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithehappy

Well I've a simple and straight brain, and it tells me that a single thread with all people from all over the world will create more clutter than 5/6 several zone specific threads. And in case someone ruins that single thread it'll be closed and other members will suffer for no reason.
Give me an infraction for this message, I'll be happily accepting it.

Sent from my GT-I9100

This has now been dealt with by a Admin, its the absolute final word. Now please, this decision has been made, lets move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O_G Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)