A new ROM release for the A789: A789_ROW_S105_cybermaus_ICS_v3.03
Based on factory ROM P700i_ROW_S105_120920
, and located in my Dev-Host
. It is an international ROM, ported from the P700i. It is as close to factory as possible, which I hope will be good for stability.
Base ROM features
- Android 4.0.4
- International (non-Chinese) edition
- CallerID works (no bug detected so far)
- Face detection unlock screen
- Changeable Lenovo Cloverleaf
- Normal Android Calender
- English, Chinese, Russian, Indonesian, Vietnamese
Summery of mods I made to it:
- Rooted the phone with Chainfire SuperSu
- Set to boot in US-english, changed name of ROM
- Added MoreLocale for extra languages in 3rd party apps
- Removed Chinese apps, incl Chinese keyboard, removed SmsReg.apk
- Added Lenovo Security (anti-malware) (you can remove it if you want
- Updated Google GAPPS, Play Store, Maps, etc
- Added MobileUncle toolbox, SManager (root explorer).
- Added fix for location services
- Added Skype, Whatsapp, Titanium backup (free version) and some others, as auto-install upon userdata wipe / factory clean
- Prepared busybox (you need to run script /system/xbin/installbusybox as root if you want it)
- Replaced bootup animation with silent Lenovo butterfly
- Removed FaceBook and Google+. They were huge, /system was full, and they are autostart, so always consume a little resources. You can install them from play store if you need them. I was in doubt to do the same to Chrome, but I left it in there for now.
- Fixed WiFi to use all 14 channels rather than 11 US ones (may be undone when selecting new Locale)
- Fixed so the Debug-USB notification is no longer shown
- Flashing this ROM will leave your Data intact, *except* the desktop and the calender. Those are cleared to deal with incompatibilities.
- I do not have a A789, so it is a blind build. It could be faulty.
- Put zip on SD card
- Reboot into recovery
- Apply the ZIP.
: Sorry to all of you who wasted bandwidth on the broken zip's v3, v3.01, v3.02. You need v3.03.
BTW: As mentioned, Desktop and Calender are automatically cleared, but it may also be needed to clear Contacts, so that the Caller-ID's are newly indexed. Use any clear data tool, or these patches.
If you do not wipe desktop, and you come from a Chinese based ROM, the cloverleaf stays locked and Chinese. You need to wipe desktop data to free up and 'westernize' the cloverleaf. If you do not re-index contacts, it could be the CallerID is 'whitespace' sensitive.