FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to unbrick my tf300

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By acelaw, Junior Member on 5th October 2012, 05:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there, Can anyone help me to unrick my tf300, its stuck on the logo screen.

I have try many things, some guys from hong kong tell me i have to use APX mode to sort the problems out, I manage so far.
Drivers I download the is Universal_Naked_Driver_0.7, also use nvflash drivers, both I try. i still get te samethings when I try to use the nvflash
I turn on tf300 with volume up, few seconds the screen went blank, and hear a beep from my pc, so is connect alright.
I type download.bat command, with prime 1.4 rom in the same folder. after few seconds I get

nvflash start
unknow usb found.

Can anyone tell me what i done wrong here.
can someone show me some step by step.
otherwise is a waste of money, the tf300 not working.

THankyou
5th October 2012, 05:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acelaw

Hi there, Can anyone help me to unrick my tf300, its stuck on the logo screen.

I have try many things, some guys from hong kong tell me i have to use APX mode to sort the problems out, I manage so far.
Drivers I download the is Universal_Naked_Driver_0.7, also use nvflash drivers, both I try. i still get te samethings when I try to use the nvflash
I turn on tf300 with volume up, few seconds the screen went blank, and hear a beep from my pc, so is connect alright.
I type download.bat command, with prime 1.4 rom in the same folder. after few seconds I get

nvflash start
unknow usb found.

Can anyone tell me what i done wrong here.
can someone show me some step by step.
otherwise is a waste of money, the tf300 not working.

THankyou

You flashed a PRIME rom to your tf300?
5th October 2012, 06:34 PM |#3  
Flag La Coruña
Thanks Meter: 46

More
First of all, we should know which firmware do you have before your tablet doesn't boot (Stock ICS, JB, Custom Rom).

Then, you can use fastboot to recover your tablet (i did it a lot of times). Try steps below:

1. Download latest oficial Asus firmware (V10.4.2.13). BE SURE to download your region (WW, US, etc...)
2. Extract downloaded zip and take blob file.
3. Download Android SDK and install them on C:\ (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
4. Execute SDK downloader and mark tools and platform-tool options for download.
5. OPTIONAL add tools and platform-tool folder to PATH, after that test if fastboot command runs on CMD.
6 Copy blob file on same SDK folder.
7. Connect TF300T with usb cable and put it in Download Mode (USB icon on recovery menu)
8. Wait until drivers are installed.
7. Open CMD, go to Android SDK folder and then type command below:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob

wait 2 or 3 minutes and then you'll see a message that send and write was OK. Now type this command:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

And It should boot again.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ppmeis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ppmeis Ad-Free
5th October 2012, 06:57 PM |#4  
Flag saint girons
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppmeis

First of all, we should know which firmware do you have before your tablet doesn't boot (Stock ICS, JB, Custom Rom).

Then, you can use fastboot to recover your tablet (i did it a lot of times). Try steps below:

1. Download latest oficial Asus firmware (V10.4.2.13). BE SURE to download your region (WW, US, etc...)
2. Extract downloaded zip and take blob file.
3. Download Android SDK and install them on C:\ (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
4. Execute SDK downloader and mark tools and platform-tool options for download.
5. OPTIONAL add tools and platform-tool folder to PATH, after that test if fastboot command runs on CMD.
6 Copy blob file on same SDK folder.
7. Connect TF300T with usb cable and put it in Download Mode (USB icon on recovery menu)
8. Wait until drivers are installed.
7. Open CMD, go to Android SDK folder and then type command below:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob

wait 2 or 3 minutes and then you'll see a message that send and write was OK. Now type this command:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

And It should boot again.

but fastboot need a unlocked bootloader, no?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
5th October 2012, 07:10 PM |#5  
Flag La Coruña
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Yes, that's right, but I suppost if he tries to flash a custom rom he has already unlocked his device. You can't flash any rom without unlock bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to ppmeis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ppmeis Ad-Free
8th October 2012, 01:21 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
I cant do anything apart from get on to apx mode, from apx mode how do I use command to flash back.
My tf300 is ics, unlock.
when i connect usb to pc. i press power and volume up. thats only things i can do.
so what do i do next?

thanks.
21st November 2012, 04:37 PM |#7  
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The same problem.
I only see: "device is unlocked" or something like that. And nothing go on.

Is it totaly bicked or is there any chance to restore it?

Please advice.
20th December 2012, 09:14 PM |#8  

More
Did anybody ever figure this out. I'm in the same boat. Can't do vol down+power to get to recovery. But if i do volume up+power it shows in device manager as transformer prime apx interface (even though it's just a tf300)
20th December 2012, 11:32 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 694

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm82

Did anybody ever figure this out. I'm in the same boat. Can't do vol down+power to get to recovery. But if i do volume up+power it shows in device manager as transformer prime apx interface (even though it's just a tf300)

Try this link.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2034866
30th January 2013, 06:20 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
no way to unbrick tf300t
Funny, I bricked my tf300t without doing anything. One day it just got stuck in asus screen.
tried to recover, nothing happended.
tried hard reset. Nothing.
Wipe data: result: bricked tablet.
I'm looking for information it is defintely impossible to unbrick it.
Anybody else with the same situation can tell you that.
Nobody has even been able to do it.
If you send it to Asus they provide a new tablet.

Conclusion:
TF300T is a terrible product, as any other asus product i assume. Amazing that you can brick a tablet without even trying to flash it or without even being connected to a computer.

It bricks by itself. Hundreds of other users can confirm it.
My advice: dont by asus products
If you already have one, dont use wipe data as anybody who has done it has ended up with an expensive useless brick.
The Following User Says Thank You to gomezdf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gomezdf Ad-Free
31st January 2013, 11:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 872

More
Odp: [Q] How to unbrick my tf300
I don't agree witch this, only think what you not should use is t the wipe data from bootloader menu - I already flashed many times not working kernel, get really often bootloop - the problem is - much users going to made stupid things when the get a soft bootloop - If you get this first try wipe data from recovery, if this won't help, try to format data from recovery - often happends that the ext4 filessystem get broken. Recovery should allowa us to run fsck on data - I fixed my bootloops many times with it without loosing my data.

Sent from my GALAXY Cooper
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)