Thanks Meter: 807

By sparkym3, Senior Member on 12th June 2012, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2012, 11:23 PM |#731  
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Failure..all steps
JELLY BEAN! OTA RootKeeper did NOT keep my root, i was SHOCKED.Now i dont have it anymore..what do i do..? this didnt work....

it reboots and everything...just no root.

Step 1 - Pushing files...
failed to copy 'debugfs' to '/data/local//debugfs': Permission denied
failed to copy 'su' to '/data/local//su': Permission denied
failed to copy 'debugfsinput' to '/data/local//debugfsinput': Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied
link failed File exists

Rebooting...
Once your devices has finished restarting,
Press any key to continue . . .

Step 2 - Rooting...
For this step, ignore any error messages that say "File not found"
Unable to chmod /data/local/debugfs: No such file or directory
/system/bin/sh: can't open /data/local/debugfsinput: No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp.bak' - No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/su, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/debugfs, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/debugfsinput, No such file or directory

Rooting FAILED! You may want to try running this tool again.
Your device region may not be supported if you see this message again.

ive done it like 4 times now..and deleted those files..cant delete SU since there is no su..

7th October 2012, 02:06 AM |#732  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xicl33n

JELLY BEAN! OTA RootKeeper did NOT keep my root, i was SHOCKED.Now i dont have it anymore..what do i do..? this didnt work....

it reboots and everything...just no root.

Step 1 - Pushing files...
failed to copy 'su' to '/data/local//su': Permission denied
failed to copy 'debugfsinput' to '/data/local//debugfsinput': Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied
link failed File exists

Rebooting...
Once your devices has finished restarting,

Step 2 - Rooting...
For this step, ignore any error messages that say "File not found"
Unable to chmod /data/local/debugfs: No such file or directory
/system/bin/sh: can't open /data/local/debugfsinput: No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp.bak' - No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/su, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/debugfs, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/debugfsinput, No such file or directory

Rooting FAILED! You may want to try running this tool again.
Your device region may not be supported if you see this message again.

ive done it like 4 times now..and deleted those files..cant delete SU since there is no su..

Did you go to the root keeper app and click restore su?

I do not have problem maintaining my root. But i am using supersu pro with ota rootkeeper
7th October 2012, 07:24 AM |#733  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs down
Well that's a bummer. Looks like I'm in the same situation as 0xicl33n here, where the rooting process fails in the same way.

I looked at the BAT file itself and tried running a command or two manually just in case, and it won't let me push to /data/local (hell, it won't even let me ls it from the shell!):
Quote:

C:\...>adb push debugfs /data/local/

C:\...>adb push debugfs /data/local
failed to copy 'debugfs' to '/data/local/debugfs': Permission denied

C:\...>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ cd /data/local
cd /data/local
shell@android:/data/local $ ls -la
ls -la
opendir failed, Permission denied
255|shell@android:/data/local $ cd /data;ls -la
cd /data;ls -la
opendir failed, Permission denied

Looks like the entire /data is off-limits here - it's UID/GID is registered to the user system and its entry in the mount table is:
Quote:

/dev/block/dm-0 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,errors=panic,user_xattr,ac l,barrier=1,nomblk_io_submit,data=ordered 0 0

I installed the 10.1.2.15 WW zip file from the ASUS site (support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Eee+Pad+Transformer+P rime+TF201) using an SD card to get from ICS 4.0.3 to JB 4.1.1.
I had OTA RootKeeper installed on 4.0.3, but lost root (the zip doesn't do an OTA update afterall). Now, it says this:
Quote:

[+] Superuser app installed
[_] Device rooted
[_] Root permission granted
[+] /system supports root protection
[_] Protected su copy available

Looks like I'm stuck for now and I don't want to unlock my bootloader just yet, for maybe there is still hope in restoring root without that.

P.S. I don't seem to have a "partial root" that some people talk about - the su binary simply isn't there anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to IceDrake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IceDrake Ad-Free
7th October 2012, 07:38 AM |#734  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
debugfs won't work on JB, unfortunately. You can push the files to /data/local/tmp without any trouble. Just ./tmp

There is work being done by others on getting the JB adb restore exploit working on our primes.
7th October 2012, 08:46 AM |#735  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDrake

Well that's a bummer. Looks like I'm in the same situation as 0xicl33n here, where the rooting process fails in the same way.

I looked at the BAT file itself and tried running a command or two manually just in case, and it won't let me push to /data/local (hell, it won't even let me ls it from the shell!):

Looks like the entire /data is off-limits here - it's UID/GID is registered to the user system and its entry in the mount table is:

I installed the 10.1.2.15 WW zip file from the ASUS site (support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Eee+Pad+Transformer+P rime+TF201) using an SD card to get from ICS 4.0.3 to JB 4.1.1.
I had OTA RootKeeper installed on 4.0.3, but lost root (the zip doesn't do an OTA update afterall). Now, it says this:

Looks like I'm stuck for now and I don't want to unlock my bootloader just yet, for maybe there is still hope in restoring root without that.

P.S. I don't seem to have a "partial root" that some people talk about - the su binary simply isn't there anymore.

I still even have SU in the /system/bin folder; but even in ADB can not get a $ prompt. I can push files to /data/local/tmp, but can't get RW for /system. Therefor can't get Superuser.apk to /system/app, or busybox to /system/bin and system/xbin. And of course can't chmod them.
7th October 2012, 12:39 PM |#736  
Flag Steinfeld
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Have to say biiiig thanks to your rooting tool. Your scripts enables Users of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet to finally root their device, even if you had it updated to ICS. This was not possible before, but after I ran through almost all exploits running anywhere for ICS, I found yours working like a charm.
7th October 2012, 11:26 PM |#737  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I also want to say thank you as a Thinkpad user, works like a charm. Donation is on the way!
8th October 2012, 12:23 AM |#738  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF001

I still even have SU in the /system/bin folder; but even in ADB can not get a $ prompt. I can push files to /data/local/tmp, but can't get RW for /system. Therefor can't get Superuser.apk to /system/app, or busybox to /system/bin and system/xbin. And of course can't chmod them.

Mark, i was able to restore under these conditions. Can you ls -l /bin, /xbin, and /usr/we-need-root (all in system) ? I will try to get you through it. Thereis a thread in general or pm...dont wanna derail this thread
8th October 2012, 01:02 AM |#739  
Flag Kaohsiung City
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDrake

This is exactly my situation now.
8th October 2012, 08:41 PM |#740  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chockchip

This is exactly my situation now.

Same here. I do have an unlocked bootloader - does anyone have instructions for another way to gain root?
8th October 2012, 11:15 PM |#741  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davest010

Same here. I do have an unlocked bootloader - does anyone have instructions for another way to gain root?

You can flash a rooted ROM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)