[Q] Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562

Search This thread

xpacguy

Jan 11, 2008
Do any one have performance issue with Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562.
I am very much disappointed with my device as it will get stuck on screen. Huge Lag time. Will take time to go to application after clicking on icon. Cannot play HD videos. While receiving calls the screen will go black, You can hear the ring but cannot see anything on screen. Any help will be appreciated. :(

kj4lyphe

Jan 28, 2010
Well if you in jamaica and wana trade your duos for a htc g2 link me ive been trying to get 1

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda app-developers app

always.arsh

Oct 5, 2012
how do you download apps from device? i am unable to download applications. tell me

I just received my S7562 today. And indeed there is a very noticible lag the moment you activate power savings.

I'm also having some problems;

1) the phone is still not showing up in the devices list on Google Play, but I can download apps from the device itself

2) It does not have an option for "National Data Roaming". My SIM with the data connection, is on a provider which is an MVNO with its own network ID. As such the network ID of the SIM and the network ID of the network don't match and the device thinks its in roaming mode and disables data. Obviously I can enable "Data roaming", but that also enables data roaming out of the country which can be very costly!
My wifes Sony Xperia does have this option, as does Cyanogenmod

3) I'm hoping this phone can get rooted. I would love to get rid of the "TouchWiz" rubish and get a clean Android image. If I did not need the dual-sim functionality, I would have gotten something like the Galaxy Nexus instead :(

*Edit*
Issue 1 is solved, it just took some time to show up on Google Play.

"how do you download apps from device? i am unable to download applications. tell me how to get google play application?

pirracas77

Jul 22, 2010
Dialing & DUALSIM

Hi:

I'm thinking in to buy this phone.

How does the dialing work?
Does the phone ask about on which SIM you want to perfom the call or you need to set up the current sim in the status bar as other Samsung Duos?
Both options?

voom

Mar 5, 2011
How does the dialing work?
Does the phone ask about on which SIM you want to perfom the call or you need to set up the current sim in the status bar as other Samsung Duos?
Both options?
It has both options, at least partly: the usual Samsung Duos SIM-settings in the status bar and two buttons for the SIMs in the dialer-interface. Meaning it does not ask and uses the preset SIM when dialing from e.g. a contact, but you can press either button regardless of preset when using the dialer...

pirracas77

Jul 22, 2010
It has both options, at least partly: the usual Samsung Duos SIM-settings in the status bar and two buttons for the SIMs in the dialer-interface. Meaning it does not ask and uses the preset SIM when dialing from e.g. a contact, but you can press either button regardless of preset when using the dialer...

Thanks.

What happens if you select a contact number from the list? Can you choose the sim?

Enviado desde mi Lenovo A60 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

voom

Mar 5, 2011
Thanks.

What happens if you select a contact number from the list? Can you choose the sim?

Enviado desde mi Lenovo A60 usando Tapatalk 2

If you select a contact number found and chosen via the dialer, you can choose directly by pressing either button as seen in the screenshot.

Whenever there is a call-option that does not involve the dialer, the preset SIM is used.

Since the notification-bar is available anywhere, opening it to select the desired SIM before actually starting the call is no problem. But that is like the other Android Duos', so you probably know that... :)

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I did some tests.

I booted the device with volume up, home and power key pressed. And when it started to vibrate I let go of the power key and I got a screen asking if I wanted to install a custom ROM. I started ODIN3 and it seems to recognize the device, but without a custom ROM I could not do much more.

I also was able to use adb to get a shell prompt, but without root access obviously.

I suspect a rooting similar to CF-Root for the S3 should be possible.

I did not succeed to get into recovery with that key-combination. Once I managed to start download-mode but that is supposed to react to Volume-Down, Home & Power... However, with adb there was no problem booting into recovery easily so I did not investigate that any further as that is sufficent for me.

Rooting by invoking an update.zip from recovery (3e) did not work because the signature verification failed. Loading CWM first to toggle sig. check off - I have not found any solution either to do that. So you are probably right that we need a custom kernel like CF-Root. Who would be capable and willing to look into that? (I did PM chainfire about it but maybe there are other developers who would look into that...)

Reactions: pirracas77

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
Hi Voom,

Yes, your right. I meant to type Down, not Up. When you boot the phone that way you get the following;

Code:
Warning!!
A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.

If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key.
Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

Volume up: Continue
Volume down: Cancel (restart phone)

Pressing volume-up gives;

Code:
[ODIN3]
PRODUCT: GT-S7562
VERSION:
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CUSTOM BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL

I don't think a Cyanogenmod ROM (or any clean AOSP ROM) will help us, as I don't think Cyanogenmod has support for dual-SIM phones, so you loose the functionality for which we bought a dual-sim phone. As such, I think our best hope is a way to root the existing ROM image.

Reactions: cdurex

voom

Mar 5, 2011
I don't think a Cyanogenmod ROM (or any clean AOSP ROM) will help us, as I don't think Cyanogenmod has support for dual-SIM phones, so you loose the functionality for which we bought a dual-sim phone. As such, I think our best hope is a way to root the existing ROM image.
Yes, as for a Custom ROM we would need something specifically made for the device; like there is now a Custom ROM for the Ace Duos.

What I meant was CWM RECOVERY though, to replace 3e as Recovery-Mini-OS, which gives the option to toggle signature verification, having turned that off there may be ways to flash an update.zip in order to root (like with the Ace Duos or Y Duos)...

voom

Mar 5, 2011
Someone know what combination of keys we have to do for enter in recovery mode?:)

I have tried many many times but never managed to enter recovery mode by means of the devices buttons. With my Ace Duos - no Problem, works every time. With the S Duos: ???

It is supposed to be Volumen-Up - Home - Power - then release at vibration or at first glance of Samsung-Logo...

Connected to the PC with cmd adb reboot recovery no problem (needs adb on path, driver installed eg with Kies)

vikassaini01

Nov 25, 2010
Delhi
www.vikassaini.com
Hi again :)

Someone know what combination of keys we have to do for enter in recovery mode?:)

Hi,
Press The following combination for booting into recovery. (Works fine for me)
Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power On

CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Edit : CWM 6 replaced with CWM 5and reuploaded. CWM 5 works much smoother for me.

Attachments

• odin.zip
    194.2 KB · Views: 102,563
  • s7562_running_cwm.jpg
    s7562_running_cwm.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 10,401
  • recovery.tar
    5.3 MB · Views: 454,239
Last edited:

voom

Mar 5, 2011
CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Flashing CWM does not root the device by itself, or does it? If not, what did you use to root (I suppose by loading an update.zip, that can be loaded by deactivating sig check?)

Maybe you could provide a little step-by-step for rooting and all files necessary? Many of us are eagerly waiting to root the S Duos but you are the first person I have spotted claiming to have succeeded :)

Edit: More questions:
Will this work with non-Indian StockROMs? Is the CWM you posted specific for India?
Will this trigger the Flashcounter?
Will this inhibit OTA-Update making it necessary to flash future Updates from Samsung manually via Odin?

Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

:confused: How does one press Vol. UP and Vol Down simultaniously? They are constructed either-or, are they not?
:good:This indeed works, I am astonished ;)

Last edited:

vikassaini01

Nov 25, 2010
Delhi
www.vikassaini.com
After hours of trying the first step I still could not solve was to find a bootloader-driver that works under Win7 to connect to the device in bootloader-mode in the first place. Any help?

Use the Latest Drivers for Samsung Mobiles
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Flashing CWM does not root the device by itself, or does it? If not, what did you use to root (I suppose by loading an update.zip, that can be loaded by deactivating sig check?)

Maybe you could provide a little step-by-step for rooting and all files necessary? Many of us are eagerly waiting to root the S Duos but you are the first person I have spotted claiming to have succeeded :)

Edit: More questions:
Will this work with non-Indian StockROMs? Is the CWM you posted specific for India?
Will this trigger the Flashcounter?
Will this inhibit OTA-Update making it necessary to flash future Updates from Samsung manually via Odin?

:confused: How does one press Vol. UP and Vol Down simultaniously? They are constructed either-or, are they not?
:good:This indeed works, I am astonished ;)

I used adb to push su and superuser.apk after booting into recovery.
But anyways, I will create a full guide for CWM and root.

>> It should work because they all have the same hardware.

Will this trigger the Flash Counter?
>> Yes, it will.

>> I'm not sure about it but it should work because I connected my phone to KIES (after rooting and CWM) and it was working fine with it.

vikassaini01

Nov 25, 2010
Delhi
www.vikassaini.com
Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button, ;)

CAUTION : It will VOID your Samsung Warranty and set/increase your custom flash counter.
You will also see a yellow triangle below Samsung logo during each boot.

Please take a Full NANDROID Backup using CWM once CWM is flashed. This is useful in case you want to return to Samsung Official stock ROM or in case something goes wrong.

You can flash back to stock recovery if you don't need CWM any further OR if you want to remove the yellow triangle.
Samsung stock recovery is attached below with this post.

Requirements :
1. Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone
2. Latest USB Drivers for Samsung Mobiles (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956)
3. Odin Flashing Tool (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
4. CWM 5 Recovery (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
5. Superuser or SuperSU ZIP (attached with this post) (any one of them)

Procedure :
1. Install latest USB Drivers for your Samsung Mobile in your PC.
2. Switch off your mobile.
3. Press and Hold "Vol. Down + Home + Power" buttons until the phone vibrates.
Once phone vibrates, leave all buttons.
4. It will Show you a Warning.
Press Vol. UP button to Continue.
5. Now you will see [Odin3] screen on phone which is Download Mode.
6. Connect your Phone to your PC and wait till it install the drivers.
7. Download and Extract Odin.zip
Open Odin. It will detect your phone on some COM Port.
You will see screen like this :
1krfn.jpg

8. Now click on PDA and select the recovery.tar file.
Now, it will look like this :
8FbMS.jpg

9. Now make sure the following :
Auto-Reboot is checked.
F. Reset Time is checked.
All others are unchecked.
Click on start.
Odin will start flashing.
wait for atleast 2-3 minutes.
Odin will automatically reboot your phone and you will see Pass written on Odin.
Keep the phone connected to your PC.

10. Let the phone boot properly and then close the odin.
11. Now, for Rooting, you have two options.
Superuser or SuperSU. Both works good, you can choose any of them.
so, Download CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and copy to your MicroSD card.
If you don't have MicroSD card, you can copy it to phone's internal SD card memory.

12. Boot into CWM Recovery Mode by :
Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power
Keep all of these pressed until you see samsung logo and then release.
Use Vol. Up and Down to navigate and to select, use Home button. To go back, press Power button.
IMPORTANT : GO to "Back and Restore" and create a FULL NADROID BACKUP by using "backup" option. It will be very useful in case something goes wrong.

- "install zip from sdcard"
- choose zip from sdcard (if files are in external microsd)
OR choose zip from internal sdcard (if file are in phone's internal sd card memory)
navigate to CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and select it.

That's it.
Go back using power button to CWM Home screen and reboot the phone.

Attachments

• CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip
    668 KB · Views: 45,121
  • CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 61,146
  • stock_recovery.tar
    4.7 MB · Views: 31,958
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button, ;)

CAUTION : It will VOID your Samsung Warranty and set/increase your custom flash counter.
    You will also see a yellow triangle below Samsung logo during each boot.

Please take a Full NANDROID Backup using CWM once CWM is flashed. This is useful in case you want to return to Samsung Official stock ROM or in case something goes wrong.

You can flash back to stock recovery if you don't need CWM any further OR if you want to remove the yellow triangle.
    Samsung stock recovery is attached below with this post.

Requirements :
    1. Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone
    2. Latest USB Drivers for Samsung Mobiles (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956)
    3. Odin Flashing Tool (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
    4. CWM 5 Recovery (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
    5. Superuser or SuperSU ZIP (attached with this post) (any one of them)

Procedure :
    1. Install latest USB Drivers for your Samsung Mobile in your PC.
    2. Switch off your mobile.
    3. Press and Hold "Vol. Down + Home + Power" buttons until the phone vibrates.
    Once phone vibrates, leave all buttons.
    4. It will Show you a Warning.
    Press Vol. UP button to Continue.
    5. Now you will see [Odin3] screen on phone which is Download Mode.
    6. Connect your Phone to your PC and wait till it install the drivers.
    7. Download and Extract Odin.zip
    Open Odin. It will detect your phone on some COM Port.
    You will see screen like this :
    1krfn.jpg

8. Now click on PDA and select the recovery.tar file.
    Now, it will look like this :
    8FbMS.jpg

9. Now make sure the following :
    Auto-Reboot is checked.
    F. Reset Time is checked.
    All others are unchecked.
    Click on start.
    Odin will start flashing.
    wait for atleast 2-3 minutes.
    Odin will automatically reboot your phone and you will see Pass written on Odin.
    Keep the phone connected to your PC.

10. Let the phone boot properly and then close the odin.
    11. Now, for Rooting, you have two options.
    Superuser or SuperSU. Both works good, you can choose any of them.
    so, Download CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and copy to your MicroSD card.
    If you don't have MicroSD card, you can copy it to phone's internal SD card memory.

12. Boot into CWM Recovery Mode by :
    Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power
    Keep all of these pressed until you see samsung logo and then release.
    Use Vol. Up and Down to navigate and to select, use Home button. To go back, press Power button.
    IMPORTANT : GO to "Back and Restore" and create a FULL NADROID BACKUP by using "backup" option. It will be very useful in case something goes wrong.

- "install zip from sdcard"
    - choose zip from sdcard (if files are in external microsd)
    OR choose zip from internal sdcard (if file are in phone's internal sd card memory)
    navigate to CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and select it.

That's it.
    Go back using power button to CWM Home screen and reboot the phone.
    Hi again :)

Hi,

Edit : CWM 6 replaced with CWM 5and reuploaded. CWM 5 works much smoother for me.
    [Guide] How to Reset Custom bin Counter In Galaxy S duos (S7562)

Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button

Caution: : I'm not Responsible if You Bricked Your Phone Do it at Your Own Risk.

Requirements :
    1. Rooted Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone!
    2. TringleAway App Get it from Here or from the Attachment Box of this Post.
    3. A sensible Brain and Patient..

Procedure:
    1. Install The TringleAway 2.86 app
    2. open the TringleAway it will ask you to grant root permission Grant it.
    3. Click on Reset Flash Counter As shown Below!
    VJ3IFHN.png

4. it Will Give pop-Up as shown Below.

nTpMWjt.png

5. Click Continue..
    6. Wait...
    7. Go to Download mode And check Your Binary Status its 'No'

Thanks Chainfire to makes It Possible!
    Link2SD Working!

Hey folks,

Finally got Link2SD working properly on my rooted s7562.

There are many guides out there so I'll just tell you what I did specifically for our phone to get it working.

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (on my Windows 7 laptop) to create the second partition on my 32GB micro sdcard. The important part is that it needs to be FAT32, and not Ext3 as most guides will recommend you use. Ext3 was what I tried originally without success. I was getting "read only" errors when trying to link to second partition.

I haven't tried the Ext2 or Ext4. FAT32 worked so I'm happy.

The native "Move to SD card" option in Link2SD does not work, (presumably because it's not natively supported on our phone) but the "Create link" option works fine. Which is what we want.

I have moved (linked) a few apps over and tested they are working and all is good.

Hope this helps some of you.

Regards
    Keliuss

P.S. Please feel free to thank me below. :)
    ROM- Stock DDBMJ1 with some of my mods and edits + 200 dpi -Smart Launcher Pro - SD Cards swapped - PMP Engine - build.prop edits - many more tweaks.

-Lockscreen, homescreen, notification panel and call screens-

uploadfromtaptalk1404984238712.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984270191.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404984303047.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984335803.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984392680.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404984432378.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984469189.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984506903.jpg

Regards
    Mohitash

Sent from my GT-S7562