10 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By xpacguy, Junior Member on 30th September 2012, 07:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2012, 09:38 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

I don't think a Cyanogenmod ROM (or any clean AOSP ROM) will help us, as I don't think Cyanogenmod has support for dual-SIM phones, so you loose the functionality for which we bought a dual-sim phone. As such, I think our best hope is a way to root the existing ROM image.

Yes, as for a Custom ROM we would need something specifically made for the device; like there is now a Custom ROM for the Ace Duos.

What I meant was CWM RECOVERY though, to replace 3e as Recovery-Mini-OS, which gives the option to toggle signature verification, having turned that off there may be ways to flash an update.zip in order to root (like with the Ace Duos or Y Duos)...

7th October 2012, 05:07 PM |#32  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 1

More

Someone know what combination of keys we have to do for enter in recovery mode?
7th October 2012, 05:12 PM |#33  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre.silva.92

I have tried many many times but never managed to enter recovery mode by means of the devices buttons. With my Ace Duos - no Problem, works every time. With the S Duos: ???

It is supposed to be Volumen-Up - Home - Power - then release at vibration or at first glance of Samsung-Logo...

Connected to the PC with cmd adb reboot recovery no problem (needs adb on path, driver installed eg with Kies)
7th October 2012, 06:47 PM |#34  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre.silva.92

Hi again

Hi,
Press The following combination for booting into recovery. (Works fine for me)
Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power On

CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Edit : CWM 6 replaced with CWM 5and reuploaded. CWM 5 works much smoother for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s7562_running_cwm.jpg
Views:	10143
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1383365  
Attached Files
File Type: zip odin.zip - [Click for QR Code] (194.2 KB, 101768 views)
File Type: tar recovery.tar - [Click for QR Code] (5.29 MB, 450130 views)
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to vikassaini01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikassaini01 Ad-Free
7th October 2012, 07:05 PM |#35  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikassaini01

CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Flashing CWM does not root the device by itself, or does it? If not, what did you use to root (I suppose by loading an update.zip, that can be loaded by deactivating sig check?)

Maybe you could provide a little step-by-step for rooting and all files necessary? Many of us are eagerly waiting to root the S Duos but you are the first person I have spotted claiming to have succeeded

Edit: More questions:
Will this work with non-Indian StockROMs? Is the CWM you posted specific for India?
Will this trigger the Flashcounter?
Will this inhibit OTA-Update making it necessary to flash future Updates from Samsung manually via Odin?

Quote:

Press The following combination for booting into recovery. (Works fine for me)
Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power On

How does one press Vol. UP and Vol Down simultaniously? They are constructed either-or, are they not?
This indeed works, I am astonished
7th October 2012, 08:18 PM |#36  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Can anyone help with the key combination for taking screenshots..

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app
7th October 2012, 08:19 PM |#37  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpacguy

Can anyone help with the key combination for taking screenshots..

Home + Power (exactly simultaniously)
8th October 2012, 04:11 AM |#38  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikassaini01

After hours of trying the first step I still could not solve was to find a bootloader-driver that works under Win7 to connect to the device in bootloader-mode in the first place. Any help?
The Following User Says Thank You to voom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift voom Ad-Free
8th October 2012, 06:25 AM |#39  
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voom

After hours of trying the first step I still could not solve was to find a bootloader-driver that works under Win7 to connect to the device in bootloader-mode in the first place. Any help?

Use the Latest Drivers for Samsung Mobiles
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom

Flashing CWM does not root the device by itself, or does it? If not, what did you use to root (I suppose by loading an update.zip, that can be loaded by deactivating sig check?)

Maybe you could provide a little step-by-step for rooting and all files necessary? Many of us are eagerly waiting to root the S Duos but you are the first person I have spotted claiming to have succeeded

Edit: More questions:
Will this work with non-Indian StockROMs? Is the CWM you posted specific for India?
Will this trigger the Flashcounter?
Will this inhibit OTA-Update making it necessary to flash future Updates from Samsung manually via Odin?

How does one press Vol. UP and Vol Down simultaniously? They are constructed either-or, are they not?
This indeed works, I am astonished

I used adb to push su and superuser.apk after booting into recovery.
But anyways, I will create a full guide for CWM and root.

>> It should work because they all have the same hardware.

Will this trigger the Flash Counter?
>> Yes, it will.

>> I'm not sure about it but it should work because I connected my phone to KIES (after rooting and CWM) and it was working fine with it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vikassaini01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikassaini01 Ad-Free
8th October 2012, 09:03 AM |#40  
Flag Delhi

More
Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button,

CAUTION : It will VOID your Samsung Warranty and set/increase your custom flash counter.
You will also see a yellow triangle below Samsung logo during each boot.

Please take a Full NANDROID Backup using CWM once CWM is flashed. This is useful in case you want to return to Samsung Official stock ROM or in case something goes wrong.

You can flash back to stock recovery if you don't need CWM any further OR if you want to remove the yellow triangle.
Samsung stock recovery is attached below with this post.

Requirements :
1. Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone
2. Latest USB Drivers for Samsung Mobiles (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956)
3. Odin Flashing Tool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=35)
4. CWM 5 Recovery (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=35)
5. Superuser or SuperSU ZIP (attached with this post) (any one of them)

Procedure :
1. Install latest USB Drivers for your Samsung Mobile in your PC.
2. Switch off your mobile.
3. Press and Hold "Vol. Down + Home + Power" buttons until the phone vibrates.
Once phone vibrates, leave all buttons.
4. It will Show you a Warning.
Press Vol. UP button to Continue.
5. Now you will see [Odin3] screen on phone which is Download Mode.
6. Connect your Phone to your PC and wait till it install the drivers.
7. Download and Extract Odin.zip
Open Odin. It will detect your phone on some COM Port.
You will see screen like this :

8. Now click on PDA and select the recovery.tar file.
Now, it will look like this :

9. Now make sure the following :
Auto-Reboot is checked.
F. Reset Time is checked.
All others are unchecked.
Click on start.
Odin will start flashing.
wait for atleast 2-3 minutes.
Odin will automatically reboot your phone and you will see Pass written on Odin.
Keep the phone connected to your PC.

10. Let the phone boot properly and then close the odin.
11. Now, for Rooting, you have two options.
Superuser or SuperSU. Both works good, you can choose any of them.
so, Download CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and copy to your MicroSD card.
If you don't have MicroSD card, you can copy it to phone's internal SD card memory.

12. Boot into CWM Recovery Mode by :
Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power
Keep all of these pressed until you see samsung logo and then release.
Use Vol. Up and Down to navigate and to select, use Home button. To go back, press Power button.
IMPORTANT : GO to "Back and Restore" and create a FULL NADROID BACKUP by using "backup" option. It will be very useful in case something goes wrong.

- "install zip from sdcard"
- choose zip from sdcard (if files are in external microsd)
OR choose zip from internal sdcard (if file are in phone's internal sd card memory)
navigate to CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and select it.

That's it.
Go back using power button to CWM Home screen and reboot the phone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip - [Click for QR Code] (668.0 KB, 44815 views)
File Type: zip CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.26 MB, 60665 views)
File Type: tar stock_recovery.tar - [Click for QR Code] (4.74 MB, 31729 views)
The Following 104 Users Say Thank You to vikassaini01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikassaini01 Ad-Free
8th October 2012, 10:47 AM |#41  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thanks vikassaini01,
it is working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung galaxy s duos s7562

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)