Thanks Meter: 807

By sparkym3, Senior Member on 12th June 2012, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th October 2012, 11:15 PM |#741  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davest010

Same here. I do have an unlocked bootloader - does anyone have instructions for another way to gain root?

You can flash a rooted ROM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

9th October 2012, 06:20 AM |#742  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 807

Donate to Me
More
I have not been on the forum for a couple days so I will respond to a few things.

Supersu is not required, rootkeeper will work with superuser installed as well.

The best option I have seen for the next root is the google restore exploit, but it has yet to be adjusted for the asus devices.

I will help in any way I see possible to help figure a new root method out, or create a tool that is needed if a manual root method is found. Until then, reverting to ics, rooting, and upgrade seems to be the only route. Though I am vague on the details of that procedure.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sparkym3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sparkym3 Ad-Free
9th October 2012, 06:23 AM |#743  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

I have not been on the forum for a couple days so I will respond to a few things.

The best option I have seen for the next root is the google restore exploit, but it has yet to be adjusted for the asus devices.

I will help in any way I see possible to help figure a new root method out, or create a tool that is needed if a manual root method is found. Until then, reverting to ics, rooting, and upgrade seems to be the only route. Though I am vague on the details of that procedure.

Thanks for the hard work.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using xda premium
9th October 2012, 08:46 AM |#744  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:

We've had quite a bit of luck restoring root after the JB update for those who lost it. Hopefully the adb restore procedure can be tuned for our tabs.
9th October 2012, 10:52 AM |#745  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

... Until then, reverting to ics, rooting, and upgrade seems to be the only route...

I don't know how to revert to ICS from stock JB.
Could anyone explain or provide a link to a comprehensive thread ?

Thank you.

Laurent
9th October 2012, 12:47 PM |#746  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentwb

I don't know how to revert to ICS from stock JB.
Could anyone explain or provide a link to a comprehensive thread ?

Thank you.

Laurent

Hey, if you got a locked bootloader and no custom recovery, there is atm no way to get back to ICS, once you updated to JB on your prime.
With JB-Update Asus also updated the bootloader and you'll get a signature verification error if you try to flash ICS.zip...
after showing you this error your prime will boot jb again...

Grz
9th October 2012, 12:54 PM |#747  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckzz

Hey, if you got a locked bootloader and no custom recovery, there is atm no way to get back to ICS, once you updated to JB on your prime.
With JB-Update Asus also updated the bootloader and you'll get a signature verification error if you try to flash ICS.zip...
after showing you this error your prime will boot jb again...

Grz

No good new

One more question : Why didn't they update the tool to unlock the bootloader ? They change their mind about giving this freedom to customers willing to use it ?
9th October 2012, 01:39 PM |#748  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentwb

No good new

One more question : Why didn't they update the tool to unlock the bootloader ? They change their mind about giving this freedom to customers willing to use it ?

hehe, thats a question many people asking...me included...and there is no answer in sight..
im trying to find some smart dev, like sparky (asked a question about it 2 pages earlier, but unfortunately he missed it...think im gonna write a pm to him..) who will do some intensive research on this topic...

but no success so far...
maybe you check this out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1764917

did you already try to unlock? Many people reported, that the tool is working with JB, too. (except you are one of "us" - unable to unlock, na matter what you try to do...not in ICS, not in JB, not with S/N, not without S/N)

"They change their mind about giving this freedom to customers willing to use it" - no, looks like nobody @ Asus cares about the prime users anymore (except Tien, of course!) So, no change, they never really wanted too, otherwise they wouldnt have developed this crappy tool, which has to communicate with a crappy server.

Grz
9th October 2012, 02:16 PM |#749  

More
In fact, I never tried to unlock. It is good enough for me to root.
I was asking because it is a surprise to see that what was given in the past is not anymore.
It is probably that they don't care anymore. Poor customer service, I would say.
10th October 2012, 06:35 PM |#750  
Flag Golden
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt thistle

You can flash a rooted ROM

Yeah I might get pissed off enough to do this. I'm unlocked, have TWRP, and had root before doing a manual update from the sdcard. su was blown away. I wish there was a way to flash a root zip somehow. This whole thing is starting to get me pissed enough to flash some other ROM and start buying Nexus devices from now on. That Nexus 7 looks sweet but the keyboard dock on the prime is going to be hard to replace.
The Following User Says Thank You to lensgrabber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lensgrabber Ad-Free
11th October 2012, 07:34 AM |#751  
Flag Piacenza
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensgrabber

Yeah I might get pissed off enough to do this. I'm unlocked, have TWRP, and had root before doing a manual update from the sdcard. su was blown away. I wish there was a way to flash a root zip somehow. This whole thing is starting to get me pissed enough to flash some other ROM and start buying Nexus devices from now on. That Nexus 7 looks sweet but the keyboard dock on the prime is going to be hard to replace.

Have you seen this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ardito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ardito Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)