FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Updated: 31/10/12 - PIT Magic v1.3.10 - Samsung PIT Creator, Editor, Analyzer!

2,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,981

By lyriquidperfection, Inactive Recognized Developer on 2nd October 2012, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2012, 12:35 AM |#31  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Nottingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblek

just want to make sure we dont start bricking devices :P

I think they all have a sig... (us variants at least)

http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/misc/pits

From what I have seen so far, pit files for Galaxy S and Galaxy S II are not signed but the Galaxy S III pit files are signed which leads me to believe that this is something new Samsung has started doing and may continue to be the case for pit files on newer and upcoming devices.

The question is, will the signature be required to use the pit file or is it just to verify the file originated from samsung.

I need someone brave to open an untouched pit file for the S3 and hit the Save button without changing any values so it rewrites the pit file without the 256 byte signature and then test it in odin to see if it gets rejected or not.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
10th October 2012, 04:47 AM |#32  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 599

Donate to Me
More
@lyriquidperfection: I apologise if I'm wrong, but if you used information from Heimdall and/or libpit in the development of this it'd be great if you could give a shout out.

Great work, by the way.

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benjamin Dobell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Benjamin Dobell Ad-Free
10th October 2012, 04:56 AM |#33  
Yeah.. there was a circle of us working on figuring out the pit files over the last few years. I had a rather small part in locating some info, but I KNOW you didn't decode them all on your own. Benjamin has been working on it nonstop.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamOutler Ad-Free
10th October 2012, 05:14 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 270

More
I wish this could dump a PIT. I've been desperately trying to build Heimdall-frontend for the sole purpose of creating the first PIT file for the toro Galaxy Nexus, unfortunately I can't get the build setup right. But using a command that works to dump the PIT for the SGSIII, I was able to dump something, and using PIT Magic everything seems to be a legit PIT file. Anyway, the program works great. At least until either I figure out how to build Heimdall-frontend 1.4 or it releases, I can use this to compare results of my PIT experiments. Thanks!

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~
10th October 2012, 05:36 AM |#35  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 599

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shag_on_e

I wish this could dump a PIT. I've been desperately trying to build Heimdall-frontend for the sole purpose of creating the first PIT file for the toro Galaxy Nexus, unfortunately I can't get the build setup right. But using a command that works to dump the PIT for the SGSIII, I was able to dump something, and using PIT Magic everything seems to be a legit PIT file. Anyway, the program works great. At least until either I figure out how to build Heimdall-frontend 1.4 or it releases, I can use this to compare results of my PIT experiments. Thanks!

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~

If you have Heimdall command line building you can do:
Quote:

heimdall download-pit --output mypit.pit

Otherwise, an official binary release is on its way, probably no later than this Sunday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benjamin Dobell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Benjamin Dobell Ad-Free
10th October 2012, 10:09 AM |#36  
Flag Nottingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Dobell

@lyriquidperfection: I apologise if I'm wrong, but if you used information from Heimdall and/or libpit in the development of this it'd be great if you could give a shout out.

Great work, by the way.

Thanks

Hi yes apologies I did alot of extensive research while putting my app together and as im not a hard core programmer, Visual Basic is about as advanced as I get so I had to follow the pit structure and yes libpit helped me to understand the order to read the bytes in and fill in the blanks so I thank you Benjamin Dobell for giving me a reference point. I also named the variables the same as libpit to help me understand better. Also take a look at this link, I found it really useful to help understand the pit structure better:

http://source-android.frandroid.com/...y/bootloader.c

Also I dont know if you are aware, but the Unknown 1, 2 and 3 properties before the pit entries are strings on the S3 pit files. Not sure if its a pit name when put together or separate strings used for something else.

11th October 2012, 05:37 PM |#37  
Flag -∇ϕ
Thanks Meter: 2,216

More
Given the smell of Qualcomm bootloader signing (Secure Boot 3.0) in the invisibleks goo.im pit's, I bet the signing is only on MSM8x60 devices. Correct me if i'm wrong.

@lyriquidperfection: Dead link?
11th October 2012, 06:18 PM |#38  
Flag Nottingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by E:V:A

Given the smell of Qualcomm bootloader signing (Secure Boot 3.0) in the invisibleks goo.im pit's, I bet the signing is only on MSM8x60 devices. Correct me if i'm wrong.

@lyriquidperfection: Dead link?

Try this link instead:

https://bitbucket.org/seandroid/devi...y/bootloader.c

12th October 2012, 12:50 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Pit IMEI fix
CAn it be used to fix my galaxy ace with an IMEI number of 000000000000
12th October 2012, 12:52 PM |#40  
Flag Nottingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymushi

CAn it be used to fix my galaxy ace with an IMEI number of 000000000000

No sorry this is for modifying partition tables not NV Data.

17th October 2012, 02:27 AM |#41  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 400

More
ok two things:
1.) how would i "dump" my pit file now? to use as a back up
2.) how would i make the /system partition smaller?

all of this on the sprint galaxy sIII
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)