FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

For those with 'partial' root after JB update - regain root!

162 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By thenrz, Senior Member on 29th September 2012, 09:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th October 2012, 10:10 AM |#71  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Do you have a donate button? I want to buy you a beer.... or 12

8th October 2012, 10:22 AM |#72  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumbag Inc.

Do you have a donate button? I want to buy you a beer.... or 12

<---- Right there. Took a google search haha

To update the thread:

I have updated the OP to reflect this new 'root restore' method for our primes. If there's a lot of people in this boat, I can put a batch script together for some automated love...
The Following User Says Thank You to thenrz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thenrz Ad-Free
8th October 2012, 09:03 PM |#73  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenrz

<---- Right there. Took a google search haha

To update the thread:

I have updated the OP to reflect this new 'root restore' method for our primes. If there's a lot of people in this boat, I can put a batch script together for some automated love...

Donated! Get drunk on me.
Thanks again.
8th October 2012, 09:30 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:

Right on!!! Glad you are fixed up The su version screwed me op once, and my late night brain took a second to connect those dots.

Enjoy!

Make sure to install supersu. It will tidy up the entire situation for you (newest su versions, everything in the perfect place to help with future OTAs etc)

P.S. It makes me nervous every time putting 'rm' and 'su' in the same line in a shell... so that's why it was my last bit of advice hahaha

That is exactly right. I did regain Su then install the Supersu for the safety in the future.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium
9th October 2012, 04:53 AM |#75  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmt971@yahoo

That is exactly right. I did regain Su then install the Supersu for the safety in the future.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

I have not had any issues with root since installing supersu. I noticed the su -v command shows a supersu branded version, which kinda makes me feel safe knowing the binaries are being completely handled by a program and not dumb fingers a la me lol.
9th October 2012, 06:01 PM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can you also update the OP with information on what to do to avoid being in the situation one has partial root? As in, what is the proper procedure of updating from ICS to JB so that one retains full root? Even just linking to the thread/post that covers it somewhere else would be very helpful
10th October 2012, 03:27 AM |#77  

More
I'd love an automated script. I don't know enough to fix things if I do it by hand and mess up.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
10th October 2012, 04:18 AM |#78  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piokon

Can you also update the OP with information on what to do to avoid being in the situation one has partial root? As in, what is the proper procedure of updating from ICS to JB so that one retains full root? Even just linking to the thread/post that covers it somewhere else would be very helpful

Realistically, it is just a matter of installing SuperSU. I haven't seen anyone with that installed have any issue with retaining root. I will update the OP with this info!

Quote:

I'd love an automated script. I don't know enough to fix things if I do it by hand and mess up.

I should have it done by Friday or so... got pretty busy today. Would you be interested in testing it?
10th October 2012, 03:30 PM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
worked for me..
many thanks
10th October 2012, 03:51 PM |#80  

More
I'd be glad to test it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
10th October 2012, 05:41 PM |#81  

More
Quote:

Realistically, it is just a matter of installing SuperSU. I haven't seen anyone with that installed have any issue with retaining root. I will update the OP with this info!

As I noted here, Superuser may be ok, too, but it still needs confirmation. Also, Voodoo Rootkeeper backups should be refreshed. But this is simply collating a small number of stories, it would be nice if more people confirmed those setups work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
prime, restore root, root, tf201

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)