Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2012, 01:59 AM |#121  
Flag Stow
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaaaas

56006 DOES as does 16006. Look in my PRL thread in the dev section

Yeah I'm on 56006 and I'm not getting Verizon 3g at my house where I was 5 minutes before on 00003. I haven't ventured out to see how it handles, all signals really suck at my house so it could have been that, but I do get the roaming triangle now and no 3g on Verizon's tower while on 56006. I'll take your word and check it out around town tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

10th October 2012, 02:09 AM |#122  
Account currently disabled
Flag B-more
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stbrightman

Yeah I'm on 56006 and I'm not getting Verizon 3g at my house where I was 5 minutes before on 00003. I haven't ventured out to see how it handles, all signals really suck at my house so it could have been that, but I do get the roaming triangle now and no 3g on Verizon's tower while on 56006. I'll take your word and check it out around town tomorrow.

Well it doesn't guarantee 3G roaming. It only will search for it first before it searches for 1x. With 00003 it IS a Verizon PRL that's modded to make the phone report it's not roaming so of course you will have 3G
10th October 2012, 07:38 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreg

There is a way to get roaming on both frequency bands (800 and 1900) on Samsung phones, but it requires updating an NV item. I'm not entirely comfortable with doing that because I don't want to brick anyone's phone by accident.

http://mikescloset.blogspot.com/2011...g-epic-4g.html

I'm not taking credit for this, someone else did this a long time ago and asked if it could be integrated into roam control.

I just tried this using CDMA Workshop's NV Reader/Writer. I backed up my NV settings, searched for setting 00442, changed the 6 to a 2, saved a new copy of my NV settings txt file, wrote it to the phone and rebooted and lo and behold I was roaming on 3G with 25006 PRL and LIH baseband in Puerto Rico. Roam Control reported I was on PCS 2000 L P witch is apparently now called ClearComm (Unless its "Claro", witch is a pretty big latin american provider). I've never heard of this provider on the island, previously Sprint roamed on Centennial PCS here before they got bought out by AT&T about a year ago.

And yes I'm in the camp that can't use Roam Control even with the update. Once I set Roam Only I get no service. I was noticing though that Roam Control changes the 00442 setting to 1 if I set it to Home Only, and it sets it to 6 if I set it to Automatic or Roam Only.

Mr. Greg, is there anyway that Roam Control can set this NV Settings differently? Or is that being set by something else in the system once your app tells the phone to Roam Only. I just did a BLAZINGLY fast 3G speed test while Roaming on 3G with the manually edited setting. I hit 2.5Mbps on my first try within Speed Test pointing to a Comcast server in Nashville, TN. I don't think I've ever gotten 3G that fast even when I did use Roam Control on a daily basis on my EVO 3D.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nttdemented For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nttdemented Ad-Free
10th October 2012, 08:17 AM |#124  
Flag L.A.
Thanks Meter: 23

More
None of the PRLs seem to work for me. Cant get any dls faster than 20kbps.

Sent from my SGS3.
10th October 2012, 02:19 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaaaas

56006 DOES as does 16006. Look in my PRL thread in the dev section

I downloaded the PRL file but those 2 are not in it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
10th October 2012, 03:32 PM |#126  
Account currently disabled
Flag B-more
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendergrab

I downloaded the PRL file but those 2 are not in it.

In the lte zip

12th October 2012, 09:31 PM |#127  
Recognized Themer
Flag Havasu
Thanks Meter: 2,019

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down Bought Roam Control License not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreg

The widget doesn't seem to work quite right, anyone else having issues with it? I will look into it...

I should be more specific...the app doesn't work with Jelly Bean on the Nexus (yet).

Also please let me know if it's not working with a specific ROM.

MrGreg I bought Roam Control back on July 31, 2012 and it worked fine for a while. Now that I have updated to a new Rom it won't accept the license. Can you please respond with a solution? I have emailed your support 4 times in the last month with no response. I have called with no response. I have sent you a PM with no response!!!!

What kind of customer service is this!!!!
12th October 2012, 10:42 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Good luck I am trying that for whole year.

13th October 2012, 02:55 AM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented

I just tried this using CDMA Workshop's NV Reader/Writer. I backed up my NV settings, searched for setting 00442, changed the 6 to a 2, saved a new copy of my NV settings txt file, wrote it to the phone and rebooted and lo and behold I was roaming on 3G with 25006 PRL and LIH baseband in Puerto Rico. Roam Control reported I was on PCS 2000 L P witch is apparently now called ClearComm (Unless its "Claro", witch is a pretty big latin american provider). I've never heard of this provider on the island, previously Sprint roamed on Centennial PCS here before they got bought out by AT&T about a year ago.

And yes I'm in the camp that can't use Roam Control even with the update. Once I set Roam Only I get no service. I was noticing though that Roam Control changes the 00442 setting to 1 if I set it to Home Only, and it sets it to 6 if I set it to Automatic or Roam Only.

Mr. Greg, is there anyway that Roam Control can set this NV Settings differently? Or is that being set by something else in the system once your app tells the phone to Roam Only. I just did a BLAZINGLY fast 3G speed test while Roaming on 3G with the manually edited setting. I hit 2.5Mbps on my first try within Speed Test pointing to a Comcast server in Nashville, TN. I don't think I've ever gotten 3G that fast even when I did use Roam Control on a daily basis on my EVO 3D.

Demented,

I am the author of the above-mentioned blog. You are the first I have heard that has tried this on any phone other than the original Epic 4g. Great to hear that it worked so well for you. Now if we could only get Mr. Greg to add this to Roam Control...

I added your success story to my blog.

Mike
14th October 2012, 03:39 AM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 2,077

Donate to Me
More
Yes that roaming SID in PR has 3g roaming enabled in the generic prl for regular accounts.

To the poster who can not get 3G roaming let me know which SID you are roaming on that is only connecting to 1x. There might be an error in the 56xxx PRL series.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge
14th October 2012, 03:45 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsmoke

Demented,

I am the author of the above-mentioned blog. You are the first I have heard that has tried this on any phone other than the original Epic 4g. Great to hear that it worked so well for you. Now if we could only get Mr. Greg to add this to Roam Control...

I added your success story to my blog.

Mike

Nice! Glad I could contribute!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)