Optimus Nexus LG-E960

Search This thread

le0.br4zuc4

Jun 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
This is for the unlocked international version. You can be sure heavily subsidized carrier versions will have 16 gig storage minimum and LTE for sure.

But with T-Mobile DC-HSPA+42 that's as fast as LTE anyway and the $45 straight talk unlimited plans, why bother?

I would be willing to bet that the 8 gig storage choice was to get the phone below a certain price point too. How's a $300 Google Nexus G sound? Something disruptive this way cometh.

My problem is I have 8 lines on VZW so it would be great to have the new Nexus on vzw... Time will tell me what to do :D

samarth1

Dec 17, 2008
Stamford, CT
I can't believe the silly negativity towards this device here and the various android blogs. The device shown is still a prototype, and as such, was not meant to be seen by the general public. Stop drawing conclusions and vilifying what will theoretically be the best android device out on pure specs alone. You do realize that this is the first time since the Nexus One that a nexus device has had absolutely top of the line specs running pure Android, right? Isn't that quintessentially what the nexus program is about? Quit whining about SD card slots when you know the exact reason Google is moving away from them since 2010, for god sakes. Need more storage? Go buy another android phone, there are some excellent choices like the Optimus G, the GSIII, RAZR HD Maxx, and the OneX+, all from different manufacturers who bring their own sensibilities. But, be prepared to pay upwards of $550 for them if you want it unlocked, unlike buying straight from Google. Seriously, how do you ignore the fact that it has a Quad Core S4 Pro (the fastest SoC currently made available to OEMs), 2GB of RAM, and a 4.7in IPS LCD (non-pentile) display? And if the Optimus G serves as inspiration, we will see a 2100mAh battery as well. At least wait till the official announcement before forming an opinion on something, and take everything you have seen so far with a grain of salt.

funkyblue04

Dec 15, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
It will not be top of the line without 32gb. I Simple as that.

I also have a 2100 battery now and have to carry a spare battery if I want to last into the night. Unless it has double the battery life non-removable will be another issue.

What we want is a high specced stock Android phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

samarth1

Dec 17, 2008
Stamford, CT
It will not be top of the line without 32gb. I Simple as that.

I also have a 2100 battery now and have to carry a spare battery if I want to last into the night. Unless it has double the battery life non-removable will be another issue.

What we want is a high specced stock Android phone.

And exactly how is the LG Nexus not top of the line? Just because you need 32gb, doesn't mean everyone needs or wants that. There is a reason why 32gb costs more than 16 and 8gb devices. Again, having a 2100mah battery on your current phone doesn't automatically mean that battery life will be ****ty on this nexus. Assessing mAh as an indicator for battery life is foolish, as the iPhone 5 and its 1434mAh battery has taught us. Its all about how the core software has been optimized to manage power, and the S4 is about the best you can get of any current SoC available with regards to efficiency. There's a reason why every single LTE phone launched in the past year has used that SoC.

Anubis007

Jun 15, 2012
..You do realize that this is the first time since the Nexus One that a nexus device has had absolutely top of the line specs running pure Android, right? Isn't that quintessentially what the nexus program is about?...

that needed to be said.

sealed battery? well almost every major OEM's flagship out there has a unibody design (Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola). besides the 2100 mAh of the Galaxy S3 seems to be doing a great job with a less efficient chipset.

8gb of non-expandable memory? 1- it's a rumor based on an F'in prototype 2- Google made it clear that there's no SD card for Nexus, whining about is just nerving.

it's a very promising device if people can put in mind that it has next year's hardware running the best mobile OS there is.

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010
The galaxy nexus (when being tested) did not have neither the Google logo or at least 16gb. Its a prototype, wait until the final product to make a choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tehh4ck3r

samarth1

Dec 17, 2008
Stamford, CT
Sigh. So how will it be top of the line if crippled by lack of storage?

Uh, ok. Get past the mind block of the rumored 8gb and 16gb sizes for one freaking minute, and see below:

1. Quad-core S4 Pro at 1.5GHz
2. 2GB RAM
3. 4.7in TrueHD IPS+ LCD with in-cell technology.
4. 8MP BSI camera with a 1.3MP 720p front facing camera.
5. 2100mAh battery with LG Chem's new 800 charge cycle technology.

So again, why exactly is this not top of the line for you? And please don't bring up a non-removable battery and lack of SD Card slot, it has been done to death already. Show me another android phone that runs Stock Jelly Bean with those specs.

vygi

Oct 28, 2008
I hope the guy had a good sleep ("enough ist enough!") and will be back soon.

Some other random remarks:

- the "problem" non-removable battery is IMHO massively exaggerated. I never had a smartphone with fixed battery before, but I also never needed to replace it, on the way or at home. I had a bigger (2000 mAh) replacement for the SGS2, though.... but used it permanently.

- missing MicroSD? "No go" for some users but not any problem to me. Even 8 GB would be enough.

- I am very happy to see that the display of LG Optimus G (= LG Nexus?) is about twice as bright as the SuperAMOLED of Galaxy S3.

TheTehk17

Apr 5, 2011
...S4 is about the best you can get of any current SoC available with regards to efficiency. There's a reason why every single LTE phone launched in the past year has used that SoC.

Actually,
The reason the US SIII uses an S4 was because the Exynos 4 Quad was not ready for LTE capabilities right then (it is now, and that is why the Note II has an Exynos 4 Quad and LTE). Same with the HTC One X, and look- the recently announced One X+ has a Tegra 3 and LTE.

//

Anyway, I will not be getting this phone, assuming that the specs and photographs in this thread are real. No microHDMI/MHL functionality (as far as we know, but this could be proved otherwise), no microSD card slot, and nonremovable battery (I regularly use these last two items on my current Android devices). I also think the bezel on the top and bottom is unnecessarily large, but this is more of an annoyance than a real issue. I don't have a problem with LG's recent build quality or anything else people are complaining about, as this phone is probably different, but I am worried about the glass on the back.

samarth1

Dec 17, 2008
Stamford, CT
Actually,
The reason the US SIII uses an S4 was because the Exynos 4 Quad was not ready for LTE capabilities right then (it is now, and that is why the Note II has an Exynos 4 Quad and LTE). Same with the HTC One X, and look- the recently announced One X+ has a Tegra 3 and LTE.

//

Anyway, I will not be getting this phone, assuming that the specs and photographs in this thread are real. No microHDMI/MHL functionality (as far as we know, but this could be proved otherwise), no microSD card slot, and nonremovable battery (I regularly use these last two items on my current Android devices). I also think the bezel on the top and bottom is unnecessarily large, but this is more of an annoyance than a real issue. I don't have a problem with LG's recent build quality or anything else people are complaining about, as this phone is probably different, but I am worried about the glass on the back.

Yes, one of the reasons why the S4 was used for LTE phones was because it was the only option for most OEMs and carriers, since it was the only one with support for LTE. But, think about it this way: Do you think that if the S4 wasn't adequate enough in terms of power and battery life, nearly every OEM would have used it on their flagship device? Moreover something as hyped as the GSIII, which has already sold 20 million in this country alone.

I respect the fact that you have decided that this phone is not for you. I don't think it is Google's intention either to please everyone with 1 Jesus device like a certain fruit company does. That's what makes android beautiful: choice. But, I would also request you to hold off judgment on the "purported" glass back of the LG Nexus until we see some official press shots and reviews on the long term effects of such a back "should" it indeed be made of glass. What we are seeing right now is a prototype, of which there can be several of, and as long as Google doesn't make it official and put it up for pre-order, regard everything you see and hear with doubt. Don't get sucked in by the negativity or the positivity attached to this device by people, including me. Remain objective.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got prototype of this devices! I can answer any questions about it and give interesting info for you!
    IMG_20121010_005707.jpg

IMG_20121010_005354.jpg

UPD: Sorry for long silence. Probably you can read a professional review soon. Or I will update this topic with answers to your questions, wait a little.

UPD2: Full professional review of this device will be ready tomorrow. Preview here: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/11/lg-google-nexus-3

UPD3: 360-degrees photos and some pics from its camera: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/11/google-nexus-4

UPD4: http://tech.onliner.by/2012/10/12/lg-nexus-4-review

PS. If you have something to discuss about this device - write me PM.

PPS. And yes, it has LED indicator))))
    What is the specs??? Thnks

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Android version: JellyBeanMR1
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
    Camera: 8 MPx
    I can't believe the silly negativity towards this device here and the various android blogs. The device shown is still a prototype, and as such, was not meant to be seen by the general public. Stop drawing conclusions and vilifying what will theoretically be the best android device out on pure specs alone. You do realize that this is the first time since the Nexus One that a nexus device has had absolutely top of the line specs running pure Android, right? Isn't that quintessentially what the nexus program is about? Quit whining about SD card slots when you know the exact reason Google is moving away from them since 2010, for god sakes. Need more storage? Go buy another android phone, there are some excellent choices like the Optimus G, the GSIII, RAZR HD Maxx, and the OneX+, all from different manufacturers who bring their own sensibilities. But, be prepared to pay upwards of $550 for them if you want it unlocked, unlike buying straight from Google. Seriously, how do you ignore the fact that it has a Quad Core S4 Pro (the fastest SoC currently made available to OEMs), 2GB of RAM, and a 4.7in IPS LCD (non-pentile) display? And if the Optimus G serves as inspiration, we will see a 2100mAh battery as well. At least wait till the official announcement before forming an opinion on something, and take everything you have seen so far with a grain of salt.
    CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Android version: JellyBeanMR1
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
    Camera: 8 MPx

8GB! I hope this is only for the prototype. If Google launch with an 8GB option with no expandable storage it will be way too small. They can shove the cloud up their ass.

I know there will be a 16GB model too, but they really need a 32GB option as well. Cloud storage is still in its infancy, and not everyone has access to LTE yet.
    Can you please post a general video of the hardware and software onboard.

Thanks.

Yeah a video would be great. 720p please :)

Ok, I'll try to make it tomorrow. It's 2:14 am now and i'm going to sleep=)