[CLOSE THREAD PLEASE][MOD][APP] Floating Touch 1.3.1 (Updated: 2012.10.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

matorno1

Dec 30, 2010
Bicske (Hungary)
I've finished this project, and attached the current source. @mods: Please close this thread, thank you.

Feel free to try out the app on different devices, If your phone's files are not autodetected execute the following command
"find /sys -name set_touchscreen"
in adb shell or terminal emulator. If it gives back results then try them out, if there are no results I cannot help "porting" it to your device, sorry.

Hi, I've read the news about the floating touch and the galaxy sl, checked the threads, and guess what it works on our phone too! :D

I've made an app that can controll our phone's "floatiness", it works well on biohazard v4.

CHANGELOG:
1.3.1 (2012.10.20)
-Added detection and support for Galaxy SL (i9003) and Galaxy SII (i9100 (not i9100G)) based on shriomman's thread (thanks shriomman) (it seems like that it does not work on i9100 based on feedback)

-Different results on I9000 (needs further confirmation whether it works or not )

1.3 (2012.10.20)
-Added possibility to manually input the path to the files of the touchscreen driver (thanks shriomman for the idea)
-Added possibility to start service automatically on boot
-Fixed charger connect/disconnect reset by optional bgservice (thanks alireza7991 for finding the issue)
-Made the UI more helpfull
-Pressing MENU button will reset everything (except if you entered some sensitive file in manual mode and overwritten it...it cannot be fixed :( ) (disable service, set value to 32, delete configuration files and exit the app) (only usable in the main activity of the app) (in case you've set some wrong value)
-Changed app's icon (thanks nishant_713 for the icon)

1.2.1 (2012.10.16)
-Fix for G3 <- managed to test it on my old GT-I5800 running CM7 and it works nice, doesn't even need the bg service as it stays after screenlock without the need of reapply (can't test for long as it now belongs to my father :) )

-It also turned out that by adding a "cat /..../set_write" also removed the need of the bgservice for us(...I keep this feature anyway...maybe someone likes it in the notification area :D)... so pressing the button is enough (altough it's saying temporary because I'm lazy to make an update for changing only the button's caption)

1.2 (2012.10.16)
-Added support for Galaxy 3 (GT-I5800 / GT-I5801) <-- Please feedback if it's work as I cannot test it. (Probably not working well please use 1.2.1)

1.1.2 (2012.10.14)
-Now supports Jelly Bean!

1.1.1 (2012.10.13)
-reverted minimum to 1 (thus allowing greater freedom :))
1.1 (2012.10.13)

-added option to start/stop a background (in fact foreground to prevent killing) service, thus it can survive the screenlock
-changed minimum value to 7...values under it are not really usable
-app now stores last value setted by it (may differ from the actual value)
-added a filecheck too, and a nice warning message on failure

All it does is "echo 70xx > /sys/class/touch/switch/set_touchscreen" (xx can be set between 01 and 34)
It will reset on each reboot.

Possible usage:
-Using styluses like with resistive screens (value 10 and below) (Fun to use pinchzoom with two pencils :D ) <-- Thanks for domi525 for finding out.
-Use the screen with gloves on <-- Thanks for domi525 for finding out.
-Setting it a low value, and hovering over your screen to avoid smudges (value 8 and below).

Instructions: install the app; set a value (the lower, the floatier); press button to apply it (till next reboot)

WARNING: Value below 7 cause registering of nonexistant touches, or the complete inability to register any touches!! In those case you WILL need to reset it with adb shell using the command "echo 7032 > /sys/class/touch/switch/set_touchscreen" OR reboot your phone (via adb or battery reinsert)

I am not aware of any other side-effects, and take no responsibility for this app at all.

Of course all credits goes to shriomman and loSconosciuto for founding this, also check the original thread . (Sorry guys for not mentioning at the first place, and thank you very much :) )

Special thanks to nishant_713 for making me find out that we also need the cat command

Credits:
shriomman - Finding the method the app uses; sharing the path for Galaxy SL and SII
loSconosciuto - Finding out the possibilities to tweak the touchscreen
nishant_713 - Galaxy 3 support; the idea to use the cat set_write too; New icon
alireza7991 - Noticing the charger bug
domi525 - Finding out more usage

And everyone who gave feedback and helped to make this app better.

Attachments

• FloaTouch_1.1.apk
    127.2 KB · Views: 588
  • FloaTouch_1.1.1.apk
    127.2 KB · Views: 322
  • FloaTouch_1.1.2.apk
    127 KB · Views: 343
  • FloaTouch_1.2.apk
    127 KB · Views: 131
  • FloaTouch_1.2.1.apk
    127 KB · Views: 837
  • FloaTouch_1.3.apk
    158.9 KB · Views: 231
  • FloaTouch_1.3.1.apk
    158.9 KB · Views: 4,440
  • FloaTouch_src.7z
    548.6 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

matorno1

Dec 30, 2010
Bicske (Hungary)
What is floating touch actually? Does it work on gingerbread?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

I'm not sure whether it works or not (if you have a file named switch at \sys\class\touch\ than it will work i guess). It basicly makes the screen super-sensitive, it allows you to touch the screen without touching it: by just hovering your hand over it.

Koersten

Mar 1, 2012
Wow. Thats amazing !!!. Works great with Biohazard v5. Im able to type this by just pointing at my Keyboard. Feels like your just hovering over your screen. :D:D

adomm420

May 6, 2012
Is it battery friendly? I think battery drain should go up sky-high :D

Sent from my Samsung GT-I9001 Galaxy S+ using xda-developers app

Feb 9, 2012
Very nice app :thumbup:

I have only one question: Can my friend use this app with his Galaxy S2 (i9100)?

Talal916

Dec 31, 2011
Sacramento
Nice work! Though the Nexus S doesn't have that file. D; I didn't expect it to work but it'll be cool to see which other devices support this feature.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

vicky4slayer

Jun 3, 2012
mumbai
i set it to 7 as recommended but it goes back to 32 whenever i reopen the app again, any sugesstions??

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

-galaxy4ever-

Sep 4, 2012
Nice work but how can I return to the default setting if I don t like the mod?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 con Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've finished this project, and attached the current source. @mods: Please close this thread, thank you.

Feel free to try out the app on different devices, If your phone's files are not autodetected execute the following command
    "find /sys -name set_touchscreen"
    in adb shell or terminal emulator. If it gives back results then try them out, if there are no results I cannot help "porting" it to your device, sorry.

Hi, I've read the news about the floating touch and the galaxy sl, checked the threads, and guess what it works on our phone too! :D

I've made an app that can controll our phone's "floatiness", it works well on biohazard v4.

CHANGELOG:
    1.3.1 (2012.10.20)
    -Added detection and support for Galaxy SL (i9003) and Galaxy SII (i9100 (not i9100G)) based on shriomman's thread (thanks shriomman) (it seems like that it does not work on i9100 based on feedback)

-Different results on I9000 (needs further confirmation whether it works or not )

1.3 (2012.10.20)
    -Added possibility to manually input the path to the files of the touchscreen driver (thanks shriomman for the idea)
    -Added possibility to start service automatically on boot
    -Fixed charger connect/disconnect reset by optional bgservice (thanks alireza7991 for finding the issue)
    -Made the UI more helpfull
    -Pressing MENU button will reset everything (except if you entered some sensitive file in manual mode and overwritten it...it cannot be fixed :( ) (disable service, set value to 32, delete configuration files and exit the app) (only usable in the main activity of the app) (in case you've set some wrong value)
    -Changed app's icon (thanks nishant_713 for the icon)

1.2.1 (2012.10.16)
    -Fix for G3 <- managed to test it on my old GT-I5800 running CM7 and it works nice, doesn't even need the bg service as it stays after screenlock without the need of reapply (can't test for long as it now belongs to my father :) )

-It also turned out that by adding a "cat /..../set_write" also removed the need of the bgservice for us(...I keep this feature anyway...maybe someone likes it in the notification area :D)... so pressing the button is enough (altough it's saying temporary because I'm lazy to make an update for changing only the button's caption)

1.2 (2012.10.16)
    -Added support for Galaxy 3 (GT-I5800 / GT-I5801) <-- Please feedback if it's work as I cannot test it. (Probably not working well please use 1.2.1)

1.1.2 (2012.10.14)
    -Now supports Jelly Bean!

1.1.1 (2012.10.13)
    -reverted minimum to 1 (thus allowing greater freedom :))
    1.1 (2012.10.13)

-added option to start/stop a background (in fact foreground to prevent killing) service, thus it can survive the screenlock
    -changed minimum value to 7...values under it are not really usable
    -app now stores last value setted by it (may differ from the actual value)
    -added a filecheck too, and a nice warning message on failure

All it does is "echo 70xx > /sys/class/touch/switch/set_touchscreen" (xx can be set between 01 and 34)

Possible usage:
    -Using styluses like with resistive screens (value 10 and below) (Fun to use pinchzoom with two pencils :D ) <-- Thanks for domi525 for finding out.
    -Use the screen with gloves on <-- Thanks for domi525 for finding out.
    -Setting it a low value, and hovering over your screen to avoid smudges (value 8 and below).

Instructions: install the app; set a value (the lower, the floatier); press button to apply it (till next reboot)

WARNING: Value below 7 cause registering of nonexistant touches, or the complete inability to register any touches!! In those case you WILL need to reset it with adb shell using the command "echo 7032 > /sys/class/touch/switch/set_touchscreen" OR reboot your phone (via adb or battery reinsert)

I am not aware of any other side-effects, and take no responsibility for this app at all.

Of course all credits goes to shriomman and loSconosciuto for founding this, also check the original thread . (Sorry guys for not mentioning at the first place, and thank you very much :) )

Special thanks to nishant_713 for making me find out that we also need the cat command

Credits:
    shriomman - Finding the method the app uses; sharing the path for Galaxy SL and SII
    loSconosciuto - Finding out the possibilities to tweak the touchscreen
    nishant_713 - Galaxy 3 support; the idea to use the cat set_write too; New icon
    alireza7991 - Noticing the charger bug
    domi525 - Finding out more usage

And everyone who gave feedback and helped to make this app better.
    WOOOW! This really works! Amazing! Good job :thumbup:

Update released - check OP

@ matorno1

could you upload your eclipse project, if you use eclipse?
    i want to learn from your work.

thanks in advance! :good:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I will link it in this post in a few minutes, but since i am only an occasional "app developer", I used some less cleaner stuff, and parts of the code are from searches, so please don't laugh at me :)

Edit: http://ma-tor.homeftp.net/shared/FloaTouch.7z

I cannot tell any resonable use of this feature, but it looks really nice, at about a value of 7.

nice work ! giv proper credits to who came up with it !
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1915158
    Placebo effect?? I doesnt feel any differenc