277 posts
Thanks Meter: 436

By vrooden, Senior Member on 27th July 2012, 12:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd October 2012, 06:23 PM |#181  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Okay, maybe things have changed on me since .99. You'll have to tell me if this is the way it's supposed to be working now vrooden.

When I originally did the mirrored series, I had:
Version 0.9.9
Icon Set: Mirror Hor. 88
Text Icon: 2-Line, spacing -8
Mask: cutbottom50percblurred (it was this setting that I used to fade the mirrored object from the bottom of the icon)

Version 1.0.2, If I try those similar settings, the Mask is applied directly to the middle of the two objects.. See attached for example. Hope this makes sense without me having to go into too much detail.
And before you tell me to use the Fade Out setting under Rotate Mirror, I use Mask instead so that I can adjust the gradient of the fade to my liking.

V 0.9.9

V 1.0.2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ISB_Mask_099.jpg
Views:	1562
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1370574   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISB_Mask_102.jpg
Views:	1565
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1370575  

2nd October 2012, 07:46 PM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooden

"Mirror" you find on the "Icon FX"-Tab. Enable it, adjust the "Axis"-position to your desired location. Also you need to adjust the width, which is the size of the reflection.

BTW: the Semi Sense-template might also give you some help.

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk 2

vrooden, thanks for the tip. I tried the Mirror option before, but it didn't seem to work as I had expected. Once I loaded the Semi-Sense template, I was able to get closer to what Nacho's Icon's look like but I'm still not there.

Thanks,
Dave

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoB

Okay, maybe things have changed on me since .99. You'll have to tell me if this is the way it's supposed to be working now vrooden.

Version 0.9.9
Mask: cutbottom50percblurred (it was this setting that I used to fade the mirrored object from the bottom of the icon)

Version 1.0.2, If I try those similar settings, the Mask is applied directly to the middle of the two objects.. See attached for example. Hope this makes sense without me having to go into too much detail.
And before you tell me to use the Fade Out setting under Rotate Mirror, I use Mask instead so that I can adjust the gradient of the fade to my liking.

I never used .9.9, but I'm seeing the same thing. Also I tried to use the Fade Out setting, but even a setting of 1 makes my mirror disappear.

On another note, Nacho, are you using two seperate configurations, one for single line icons and one for double line icons or can you have one configuration that works for both?

BTW, this is an awesome program, now that I am figuring it out more!!!

Thanks,
Dave
5th October 2012, 07:51 PM |#183  
Flag Westland,Mi
Thanks Meter: 202

More
dude this is the best thing since sliced bread
6th October 2012, 01:36 PM |#184  
Thanks Meter: 34

More

thank you for a quality homescreen wicked program!
8th October 2012, 10:02 AM |#185  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry, guys, I kept you waiting, wasn't online and at my PC the last days.
Was stuck in trash and dust, had some days off house, needed to clean up the house. So many boxes with old stuff everywhere standing in our ways since we moved in 3 years(!) ago.

Quote:

When I try to use some of these settings, such as the above, it locks up Icon Set-Builder pretty hard. So some of these settings I don't even try. There's others, as I come across them I'll post here. Seems anything I'm trying to do right now is causing it to do a slow motion freeze. Trying to figure out (trouble shoot) another issue at the moment.

Will add some logging and do profiling to check what's slow. Some effects work per pixel, which means I'm iterating through the whole grid (i.e. 128x128 = 16384 pixels). These are bound to be slow... but not THAT slow it seems to FREEZE, that's really bad! "Shadow" (the more blur the badder) and "Pseudo 3D" are for sure candidates I have to optimize.

Quote:

Version 0.9.9

Thanks for the clarification, helped a lot.

Looks like I "broke" this from 0.9.9 to 0.9.10... well kinda... Basically for whatever reason "Apply Mask" I moved up in the processing chain, so "Mirror" now is applied _AFTER_ masking.

EDIT: Well... since you can apply fade out to mirror, I think there is no need to apply a mask after mirroring. That order seems quite appropriate.

That many effects and adjustments to apply, I had to make some decisions in which order they are applied. Taking a quick glance at code and tool, I saw there are some more things. Like: you cannot apply shadow to "Label over Icon"-text, only the icon itself is affected.

I will try to create an overview/graph (even for myself) in which order what effect/adjustment is applied.
Next it seems I have to find an easy way one could influence in some extend the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs179

Also I tried to use the Fade Out setting, but even a setting of 1 makes my mirror disappear.

Easy one: "0" doen't mean "no fade out", but "use full height", whereas "1" fades out only 1 pixel height (which looks like it disappeared). Simply increase to like 8px and more and you'll see the fade out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs179

BTW, this is an awesome program, now that I am figuring it out more!!!

Added to my ToDo-list: "write some documentation". Or at least "add tooltip-help to all controls".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
8th October 2012, 03:34 PM |#186  
Flag Jacksonville, FL

More
Good to see you're still alive. Or at least someone impersonating you LOL
11th October 2012, 01:20 PM |#187  
OP Senior Member

More
Just a quick note about the current to get you updated:

Shadow for icon label text added; seperately configurable from icon shadow

Mirror/Reflection: optimized and enhanced

Performance: could greatly optimize a lot of functions (mainly those working pixel-based), speed improvement average about 40%, depends on complexity and number of applied effects

Logging: added for analysis; not sure wether I'll leave it in the release build

Will do some final tests this evening and release afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Performance.png
Views:	986
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1393109  
The Following User Says Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
11th October 2012, 01:30 PM |#188  
Flag Jacksonville, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooden

Just a quick note about the current to get you updated:

Shadow for icon label text added; seperately configurable from icon shadow

Mirror/Reflection: optimized and enhanced

Performance: could greatly optimize a lot of functions (mainly those working pixel-based), speed improvement average about 40%, depends on complexity and number of applied effects

Logging: added for analysis; not sure wether I'll leave it in the release build

Will do some final tests this evening and release afterwards.

Looking good!!
12th October 2012, 12:40 AM |#189  
OP Senior Member

More
Version 1.1.0
New version 1.1.0

Performance:
Greatly optimized performance for many functions, average 30-40% faster now. All functions working per-pixel now are much faster, since I'm now working directly with the underlying bits and bytes of each (LockBits) pixel instead of using the slooow GetPixel-/SetPixel-functions.

Label-over-Icon with Shadow
Label-over-Icon now has it's own "Shadow" settings independent from the icon.

Mirror
"Mirror" is now in "Icon FX", now called "Mirror / Reflection", and has many more options. Basically I was inspired once more by a screenshot by BlackBearBlanc with ICS-icons with reflection: the reflection is semi-transparent and is moved by an offset up and a bit to the right. Now you can, too, easily -- and also change the transparency ("Alpha"), saturation and brightness (luminance).

"Open folder"-buttons
Easily open folders (i.e. containing Exports) in Explorers by simply clicking on the big button "Open folder in Explorer" in tab "Tools", or "Open output folder".

Logging
Under "About" you might enable logging to help me out in case you find some functions working slowly.

Download items
Loading preview is now running asynchronous, speeded up launch of the dialog.

>> Download available from here. <<
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ISBv100_01_MirrorReflection_marked.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1394515   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISBv100_02_LabelShadow_marked.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1394516   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISBv100_03_OpenFolderButtons_marked.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1394517   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISBv100_04_Logging_marked.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1394518  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
12th October 2012, 11:04 AM |#190  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thnakyou!!!
14th October 2012, 06:26 AM |#191  
Flag Westland,Mi
Thanks Meter: 202

More
where can i find more templates
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)