chuchuanming

Mar 29, 2010
All tools can be download by these sites:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31256707&postcount=967

LEO is still the king!

Thanks a lot, securecrt and Xylograph!

I What is "NativeSD"

As the name shows, the SD card now do what native storage do. In other words, we can leave the nand and done almost everthing with one SD card!

II Benifits of NativeSD

1. Common benifits

Don't need to worry about bad blocks in nand, no need to adjust system size。

2. On premise of large storage of SD card

The partition used as native storage can be very large duo to your SD card(<32GB).
Muilt ROMs(wm,wp,androids)

3. On premise of fast SD card
Faster Read/Write speed than NAND ROMs,better。

III Install ROM

1. Prepare

*1)Android rom that support NativeSD, cellphone(LEO,with SD card, battery>50%), computer,cable,4EXT recovery
*2)Backup all your data on SD card(if you want to keep it).

2.magldr users

1)This is the case that you download the SD version of 4EXT recovery.
copy the unziped files to you fold "a" in your SD card.("a" is just a sign,can be any name,just make sure the folder is in the root directory of SD card)Notice: please make sure these files are in the root directory of "a",not any sub folder:clcad.exe,haret.exe,initrd.gz,startup.txt,zImage

2)This is the case that you download and already install the nand version of 4EXT recovery.

2.1Boot to recovery
if 1)
2.1.2 hold the red button while boot, when the menu of magldr shows, choose
10.Services,then 1.BootSettings,and then 3.AD SD Dir,loacate to your folder "a",press green button to confirm.

2.1.2when back to magldr menu, choose 10.Services,then 1.BootSettings,then 1.Boot source,and then 1. Android from SD, press green button to confirm.again when back to magldr menu,choose 2.Boot AD SD。

if 2)
2.1.3 hold the red button while boot, when the menu of magldr shows, choose 8.AD Recovery

2.2 Now in recovery,Partition SD Card

2.2.1 choose advanced
2.2.2 choose Partition SD Card ->
2.2.3 choose Remove all partions and start from starth
2.2.4 choose the size of EXT partition as you want,all your system and apps will be install to this partition,so if you want more systems ,choose a big one.(must large than 512M)
2.2.5 choose the size of swap partion,I recommend 0(choose skipe).
2.2.6 choose Yes - I'm sure,waitting for the progress to finish。
2.2.7 when back to recovery main page
if 1)
choose power menu,then choose Reboot ,and hold the red button while boot, when the menu of magldr shows,connect the phone to your computer,choose 4.USB MassStg,repeat 1),2.1.1,2.2.2 and 2.3.7.2
if 2)
2.2.7.2connect the phone to your computer,choose toogle usb storage,copy you download rom to your SD card,safe eject,pull of the cable,choose unmount on the phone。

2.3 Install rom

2.3.1 choose install from sdcard at the main page of recovery
2.3.2 choose zip from sdcard
2.3.3 choose your rom
2.3.4 choose Yes - install ...(... is the name of rom)
2.3.5 wait for the install page to show,tap Next
2.3.6 tap Install to SD-EXT,then tap Next
2.3.7 tap RMNET Connection,and then tap Next
2.3.8 tap Next and wait for the install finish,when done tap Next
2.3.9 make sure Reboot is choosed and tap Finish,and hold the red button while boot ,when magldr shows, follow 2.1.1,but now "a" is response of folder "NATIVESD"。when back to magldr main menu,choose 2.Boot AD SD。

Now you can enter your new rom.

2.4 Install another rom

2.4.1 enter recovery
if 1)follow 2.1.1,when magldr menu shows,choose 2.Boot AD SD。
if 2)please follow 2.1.3
follow 2.3

2.5 Reboot to other rom
Enter one android rom,install NativeADMultiBoot.apk,when done,run the app,choose the rom your want to reboot to(pleasre allow root),then press reboot。

3.clk users(Three rom is avaliable,1 nand + 2 NativeSD)

3.1 install clk
3.1.1 unzip the file,put the file LEOIMG.nbh into the root directory of your SD card。then turn off the phone.
3.1.2 hold the volume mines and red button,when blue" loading..." shows release the buttons,wait a moment, when blue text shows inthe middle of the screen,press red button to flash clk,when done press the reset button or pull off your battery and reboot the phone。while reboot, hold back button to enter Bootloader。

please google how to use clk.

optional:change recovery to 4EXTNAND
**unzipe 4EXTNAND version's recovery,find recovery_leo.img,incase thst you put it in folder 'b"(please notice that "b"is just a sign here,you need to use a full directory such as d:/b)
**on Bootloader main menu choose INFO,then choose ENABLE USB DETECTION
**resize partion recovery to 7m,connect to computer, make sure the "usb" is show at the bottom of the phone,run adb and excute:fastboot flash recovery b/recovery_leo.img

enter recovery and partion SD card,if use 4EXT version recovery,please follow 2.2.1~2.2.6;or please the introduction of the recovery you used(not offer here)。

3.2 flash nand rom
please google.

3.3 flash sboot EXT rom
3.3.1 enter bootloader and choose settings then add sboot,wait the phone back to bootloader main menu
3.3.2when back to main menu, choose RECOVERY to enter recovery

please follow 2.3.1~2.3.6

3.3.3 make sure RMNET Connectionis not choosed,then tap Next
3.3.4 tap Nextand wait for the intall done,when finish tap Next
3.3.5 make sure Reboot is unchecked and tap Finish
3.3.6 follow 2.3.1,2.3.2,choose flash_sboot_v2.zip,and follow 2.3.4
when flash done, reboot to BootLoader and choose ANDROID SBOOT to enter the new rom。

3.4 flash tboot rom(thanks bojanbl)

follow 3.3,just replace sboot with tboot。

3.5 Reboot to other rom
hold the back button while boot to enter,bootloader,when the menu shows,choose a rom to boot。

4.a version of magldr that can be flash vir SD card,just flash it like you flash clk,if intereted,you can have a try.

View attachment SD_flash_magldr.zip

Ruijc

May 2, 2012
Nice tutorial...:good:

I think one thing is missing though...

How to uninstall one of the nativesd rom.

Regards
Rui

petrovicveljko

Sep 21, 2010
Can't boot :(

I made EXT4 partition, and instaled Magldr, and than instaled WM ROM, and copied EXT4SD recovery (first one on list), extract, and use folder '4EXTRecovery' and paste to SD card root, and now, what to do(?) how to get in recovery mod, or, how to get to Magldr menu? Please help :)

leschakk

Oct 18, 2012
NativeSD without flashing MAGLDR or cLK?

my background:
I use Android ICS and MIUI on Leo HTC HD2, booting from SD-Card using haret.exe in WM6.5.
I can't flash my device with MAGLDR or cLK, because it's leased and I have to return it back in some time with the original WM6.5.

Now my question:
Can I use native SD instead of "standart SD", because I hope it's faster, wihthout flashing any custom boot loader and destroing the original OS?
If I got it right, flashing a MAGLDR or cLK erases the complete device (except of HSPL and radio), right?
The only thing I dared to do before, was to flash the HSPL and a Radio Update, because this didn't touched the WM6.5.

I came so far to create a EXT4 and a FAT32 partitions on my SD-Card (32MB, Class 10) with "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6". Then I downloaded the 4EXT Recovery and booted it from WM6.5 with haret.exe, but now I'm stucked.
All I got is, the 4EXT Recovery do the same job as this MiniTool. It makes partitions on my SD-Card.
I planed to install NexusHD2-JellyBean-4.1.2-CM10 V1.1 ROM as NativeSD, but I'm afraid I can't do this without flashing the MAGLDR or cLK and erasing the WM6.5

Any help?

Last edited:

leschakk

Oct 18, 2012
my background:
I use Android ICS and MIUI on Leo HTC HD2, booting from SD-Card using haret.exe in WM6.5.
I can't flash my device with MAGLDR or cLK, because it's leased and I have to return it back in some time with the original WM6.5.

Now my question:
Can I use native SD instead of "standart SD", because I hope it's faster, wihthout flashing any custom boot loader and destroing the original OS?
If I got it right, flashing a MAGLDR or cLK erases the complete device (except of HSPL and radio), right?
The only thing I dared to do before, was to flash the HSPL and a Radio Update, because this didn't touched the WM6.5.

I came so far to create a EXT4 and a FAT32 partitions on my SD-Card (32MB, Class 10) with "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6". Then I downloaded the 4EXT Recovery and booted it from WM6.5 with haret.exe, but now I'm stucked.
All I got is, the 4EXT Recovery do the same job as this MiniTool. It makes partitions on my SD-Card.
I planed to install NexusHD2-JellyBean-4.1.2-CM10 V1.1 ROM as NativeSD, but I'm afraid I can't do this without flashing the MAGLDR or cLK and erasing the WM6.5

Any help?

OK, I helped myself. Thanks!
Partitioned the SD-Card with 4EXT-Recovery again. Created 2 EXT4 partitions 2 GB each, the rest (25 GB) goes for the FAT32 partition.
Then installed the "NexusHD2-JellyBean-4.1.2-CM10 V1.1 ROM".ZIP (was an AROMA installer) from FAT32 partition and it worked!
Altough it's all very slow :( and the second EXT4 partition is unused. don't know why the recovery aked my to create one.

Last edited:

lkashl

Dec 30, 2012
"I What is "NativeSD"
As the name shows, the SD card now do what native storage do. In other words, we can leave the nand and done almost everthing with one SD card!"

I'm REALLY new here so this might be a naive question but does that mean we'll be able to run WM 6.5 and WP 7 in a dual boot configuration now? From what I've heard they can only be installed on the HD2's NAND leaving room for either or, but since you say that NativeSD can do whatever the native storage does I thought it might be possible to run them direct off the SD?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All tools can be download by these sites:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31256707&postcount=967

LEO is still the king!

Thanks a lot, securecrt and Xylograph!

I What is "NativeSD"

As the name shows, the SD card now do what native storage do. In other words, we can leave the nand and done almost everthing with one SD card!

II Benifits of NativeSD

1. Common benifits

Don't need to worry about bad blocks in nand, no need to adjust system size。

2. On premise of large storage of SD card

The partition used as native storage can be very large duo to your SD card(<32GB).
    Muilt ROMs(wm,wp,androids)

3. On premise of fast SD card
    Faster Read/Write speed than NAND ROMs,better。

III Install ROM

1. Prepare

*1)Android rom that support NativeSD, cellphone(LEO,with SD card, battery>50%), computer,cable,4EXT recovery
    *2)Backup all your data on SD card(if you want to keep it).

2.magldr users

1)This is the case that you download the SD version of 4EXT recovery.
    copy the unziped files to you fold "a" in your SD card.("a" is just a sign,can be any name,just make sure the folder is in the root directory of SD card)Notice: please make sure these files are in the root directory of "a",not any sub folder:clcad.exe,haret.exe,initrd.gz,startup.txt,zImage

2)This is the case that you download and already install the nand version of 4EXT recovery.

2.1Boot to recovery
    if 1)
    2.1.2 hold the red button while boot, when the menu of magldr shows, choose
    10.Services,then 1.BootSettings,and then 3.AD SD Dir,loacate to your folder "a",press green button to confirm.

2.1.2when back to magldr menu, choose 10.Services,then 1.BootSettings,then 1.Boot source,and then 1. Android from SD, press green button to confirm.again when back to magldr menu,choose 2.Boot AD SD。

if 2)
    2.1.3 hold the red button while boot, when the menu of magldr shows, choose 8.AD Recovery

2.2 Now in recovery,Partition SD Card

2.2.1 choose advanced
    2.2.2 choose Partition SD Card ->
    2.2.3 choose Remove all partions and start from starth
    2.2.4 choose the size of EXT partition as you want,all your system and apps will be install to this partition,so if you want more systems ,choose a big one.(must large than 512M)
    2.2.5 choose the size of swap partion,I recommend 0(choose skipe).
    2.2.6 choose Yes - I'm sure,waitting for the progress to finish。
    2.2.7 when back to recovery main page
    if 1)
    choose power menu,then choose Reboot ,and hold the red button while boot, when the menu of magldr shows,connect the phone to your computer,choose 4.USB MassStg,repeat 1),2.1.1,2.2.2 and 2.3.7.2
    if 2)
    2.2.7.2connect the phone to your computer,choose toogle usb storage,copy you download rom to your SD card,safe eject,pull of the cable,choose unmount on the phone。

2.3 Install rom

2.3.1 choose install from sdcard at the main page of recovery
    2.3.2 choose zip from sdcard
    2.3.3 choose your rom
    2.3.4 choose Yes - install ...(... is the name of rom)
    2.3.5 wait for the install page to show,tap Next
    2.3.6 tap Install to SD-EXT,then tap Next
    2.3.7 tap RMNET Connection,and then tap Next
    2.3.8 tap Next and wait for the install finish,when done tap Next
    2.3.9 make sure Reboot is choosed and tap Finish,and hold the red button while boot ,when magldr shows, follow 2.1.1,but now "a" is response of folder "NATIVESD"。when back to magldr main menu,choose 2.Boot AD SD。

Now you can enter your new rom.

2.4 Install another rom

2.4.1 enter recovery
    if 1)follow 2.1.1,when magldr menu shows,choose 2.Boot AD SD。
    if 2)please follow 2.1.3
    follow 2.3

2.5 Reboot to other rom
    Enter one android rom,install NativeADMultiBoot.apk,when done,run the app,choose the rom your want to reboot to(pleasre allow root),then press reboot。

3.clk users(Three rom is avaliable,1 nand + 2 NativeSD)

3.1 install clk
    3.1.1 unzip the file,put the file LEOIMG.nbh into the root directory of your SD card。then turn off the phone.
    3.1.2 hold the volume mines and red button,when blue" loading..." shows release the buttons,wait a moment, when blue text shows inthe middle of the screen,press red button to flash clk,when done press the reset button or pull off your battery and reboot the phone。while reboot, hold back button to enter Bootloader。

please google how to use clk.

optional:change recovery to 4EXTNAND
    **unzipe 4EXTNAND version's recovery,find recovery_leo.img,incase thst you put it in folder 'b"(please notice that "b"is just a sign here,you need to use a full directory such as d:/b)
    **on Bootloader main menu choose INFO,then choose ENABLE USB DETECTION
    **resize partion recovery to 7m,connect to computer, make sure the "usb" is show at the bottom of the phone,run adb and excute:fastboot flash recovery b/recovery_leo.img

enter recovery and partion SD card,if use 4EXT version recovery,please follow 2.2.1~2.2.6;or please the introduction of the recovery you used(not offer here)。

3.2 flash nand rom
    please google.

3.3 flash sboot EXT rom
    3.3.1 enter bootloader and choose settings then add sboot,wait the phone back to bootloader main menu
    3.3.2when back to main menu, choose RECOVERY to enter recovery

please follow 2.3.1~2.3.6

3.3.3 make sure RMNET Connectionis not choosed,then tap Next
    3.3.4 tap Nextand wait for the intall done,when finish tap Next
    3.3.5 make sure Reboot is unchecked and tap Finish
    3.3.6 follow 2.3.1,2.3.2,choose flash_sboot_v2.zip,and follow 2.3.4
    when flash done, reboot to BootLoader and choose ANDROID SBOOT to enter the new rom。

3.4 flash tboot rom(thanks bojanbl)

follow 3.3,just replace sboot with tboot。

3.5 Reboot to other rom
    hold the back button while boot to enter,bootloader,when the menu shows,choose a rom to boot。

4.a version of magldr that can be flash vir SD card,just flash it like you flash clk,if intereted,you can have a try.

View attachment SD_flash_magldr.zip