[APP] Yota Contacts VGA/WVGA/QVGA (Feb 3rd)

Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
This is Yota Contacts, an application lifted off the HTC Quartz (MAX 4G) which is WiMax device on russian operator, Yota's network.
It was initially in russian and a different resolution, but a team of great people (AllTheWay, CloudyFa, fhiesh, Yozi and last, but not least myself) helped traslate it English and 10 other lanaguages.

This first post is for the english version, for VGA devices only. CAB's for QVGA and WVGA devices, can be found three posts down.

Please read the information below before you install any of the cabs in this thread and PLEASE search before you post questions.

Benefits:

- Yota Contacts completely replaces the built in windows Contacts application.
- New dialer that's much faster then the built in dialer.
- Favorites groups
- Better onscreen keyboard\
- Much more, which I'm sure you'll find once you install it and play around...

Minuses:

- Will NOT read your SIM contacts. You would have to copy them to the phone memory if you want to use Yota Contacts.
- No easy VoiceMail access (holding down 1 doesn't work). The "New Voicemail" link on TF3D's homescreen also doesn't work.
- No "face down mute" feature.
- No "bluetooth on/off switch" while in a call.
- No "Slide to Answer".
- No "Company Directory" lookup if you're hooked up to a company Exchange server.
- This app doesn't display special characters in the contact names.
- S2U2's caller ID functions HAVE to be disabled if you have the Yota Dialer also installed. (S2U2 conflicts with the Yota Dialer)
- If you have a password lock on the phone, it will impede your ability to answer the phone quickly, because you will have to input the password before you can hit "Answer" on the screen.
- No video calling or "Videoshare" (yet)

Most of the minuses listed above can be avoided by simply installing the Yota Contacts application ONLY. You will find cabs for that at the end of this post.

Please keep in mind that none of the people involved in translating this application, actually developed it. This application came from the HTC Quartz, which is a WiMax phone operating on the Yota network in Russia. Therefore, any requests you might have, to add this or that, CAN NOT, and I can't stress this enough, CAN NOT, even be considered. The reason ? We don't have the source code for the applications included in this package. All we can do is make graphical skin changes or translations to other languages... to a point. Also, the keyboard can't be extracted either, it's an integral part of YotaContacts.exe.

One more thing to remember is this app takes up quite a bit of RAM (about 9 megs for the full version and about 4-5 for the Yota Contacts only version), which on a Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, etc is not really an issue, since we have plenty of RAM. On a QVGA device, you should consider this before installing it, ESPECIALLY if you only have 64 Megs of RAM to start with.

The application takes a few seconds (at least) to start the first time you use it after you turn the phone on. It's recommended to keep it running in the background after first use, instead of closing it down. You can easily setup an "exception" in HTC's task manager for it.

The cabs don't modify any of the softkeys on the Today screen, but if you would like a link anyway, you can download a cab from the second post to do that.

Now, on to the good stuff. :D

-----------------------------------

The following three cabs contain the Yota Contacts and the Yota Dialer application. They both take over the Contacts and Dialer function of your operating system. You HAVE to reboot after install these cabs, even if the installation wizard doesn't prompt you to.

Base VGA version + Dialer >

MobileMatt Mirror

TF3D skin version + Dialer(shown in the last screenshot) >

MobileMatt Mirror

Skin1 skin version + Dialer(shown in the next to last two screenshots) >

MobileMatt Mirror

The following cabs contain ONLY the Yota Contacts application, the Yota Dialer has been left out. These cabs also work with CDMA devices (Alltel, Telus, Sprint, Verizon, etc...)

Base VGA: Download
TF3D VGA(shown in the last screenshot): Download
Skin1 version(shown in the next to last two screenshots): Download

Attachments

• Screen01.png
    Screen01.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 16,408
  • Screen02.png
    Screen02.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 9,566
  • Screen03.png
    Screen03.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 8,088
  • Screen04.png
    Screen04.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 6,158
  • Screen06.png
    Screen06.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 6,445
  • Screen23.png
    Screen23.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 5,242
  • Screen24.png
    Screen24.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 6,553
  • Screen35.png
    Screen35.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 6,461
Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
This post reserved for extras for ANY version :)

If you would like to assign either the Left of the Right softkey on your TF3D Today screen to Yota Contacts, please download and install one of the cabs below (the names should be self explanatory).

The other cabs, change the language of the Yota Contacts application to the language code in the cab's name. So look for your country's language code and download the appropriate cab, install and reboot. This does NOT change the language of the dialer. There aren't that many translations available for the dialer, yet.

More translations available three posts down :)

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
This post reserved for cabs and screenshots of the QVGA version.

Base skin + Dialer QVGA version: Download
Base skin CONTACTS ONLY: Download

If your Today screen has a shortcut to "Phone" and you get an error trying to open "cprog.exe", edit that shortcut to point to "dprog.exe" and you should be fine.

Attachments

• Screen011.jpg
    Screen011.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,301
  • Screen022.jpg
    Screen022.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,008
  • Screen044.jpg
    Screen044.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,844
  • Screen055.jpg
    Screen055.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,472
  • Screen066.jpg
    Screen066.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,416
Last edited:

nhatt

Aug 5, 2008
Great work,waiting for QVGA version to test on my Kaiser.

Thanks for sharing.

hayer

Oct 5, 2008
Sim Card Contacts

I would just like to get this clear with myself and maybe any other GSM members does this contacts app support Sim contacts?

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I would try to fix that for you, but unfortunately I'm not the original author of the QVGA cabs and I can't test on my phone to try and fix the problem. If anybody wants to take a crack at it, you can edit USSDskin.zip in the cab to adjust it down to QVGA size :)

nhatt

Aug 5, 2008
I would try to fix that for you, but unfortunately I'm not the original author of the QVGA cabs and I can't test on my phone to try and fix the problem. If anybody wants to take a crack at it, you can edit USSDskin.zip in the cab to adjust it down to QVGA size :)
:) yes,all right.I will try resize it.

Golgo

Oct 18, 2008
I've had this installed on my Xperia for a while now and although I love it, I suspect it's extremely power hungry. My battery drains in under 1 day now as opposed to ~3 before I used yota.
Anyone else experience this?

patience88

Aug 5, 2006
Hey all,

first of all I would like to say that I really like this app.
I have one big issue.
After installing the app my connection with my Parrot CK3100 goes crazy.
When connect to my phone there is already a call been made???
My contacts aren't sync anymore.

I use a HTC Touch Pro.

What is wrong, or what do I wrong?

Who can help me, I would realy love to use this app.

tigro11

Nov 14, 2008
I use HTC HD but nothing works, does not load the phone numbers in your address book.
I use the VGA version.
The log can not display even call calls

Rozenthal

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2008
Works fine on my Touch HD. Your contact's probably don't show up because they're on your SIM card. This app can only read contacts that are in your phone memory.

ryomahino

Sep 7, 2007
Lima
ussd skin for qvga

For fix the USSD services screen just put this zip file in Windows/skins folder.
Another request: Anyone know how fix the incoming call picture? It is in VGA size.
Thanks

Attachments

• UssdSkin.zip
    104.4 KB · Views: 198

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I've had this installed on my Xperia for a while now and although I love it, I suspect it's extremely power hungry. My battery drains in under 1 day now as opposed to ~3 before I used yota.
Anyone else experience this?

A few people have reported this with the WVGA version, myself I don't have any problems running the VGA version. Try running the "contacts only" version. I'm sure your battery will be back to normal :)