Cases

Search This thread

willl

May 10, 2006
flickr.com
I've just ordered this phone a few days ago and waiting for delivery from the UK.

Just wondering what cases others have used for this phone? Or recommendations even?

I've got an i-mate SP5 (HTC Tornado) at the moment, which came with a leather pouch/holder (that hangs on the belt etc). I doubt the SP5 case will fit the S740, which I know is much longer in size.

It doesn't have to be one made specifically for this phone, it just needs to fit it.

networkguy

Oct 4, 2008
Lincolnshire
I have one of the PDair aluminum cases for my S740. This followed me dropping the phone onto the sidewalk and cracking the nice front screen which in turn made me realize that the design of the phone offers no protection against this sort of accident.

So when I am out an about at the weekend, this wraps the phone in a very nice metal case that clips to the belt but gives you full access to all controls and buttons (except the QWERTY) without having to take the phone out of the case. You can then flip open the case (it has a hinge) to use the QWERTY if you need to.

So if what you need is proper protection against knocks, this is the case for you

willl

May 10, 2006
flickr.com
That's probably good advice. I do have a tendency to drop my phones.

My Tornado's somehow managed to survive everything thus far with plenty of scratches to show for it.

I've already ordered the Krusell case, so i'll see how that one goes first. Otherwise i'll probably end up getting the aluminum one too.

4omega

Jul 18, 2008
I've just ordered this phone a few days ago and waiting for delivery from the UK.

Just wondering what cases others have used for this phone? Or recommendations even?

I've got an i-mate SP5 (HTC Tornado) at the moment, which came with a leather pouch/holder (that hangs on the belt etc). I doubt the SP5 case will fit the S740, which I know is much longer in size.

It doesn't have to be one made specifically for this phone, it just needs to fit it.

Hi. I can recommend you the Krusell pouzdro Orbit flex or the Krusell Horizon.

motaba

Dec 6, 2008
Krusell Orbit Flex for HTC S740

Hi
I have got case "Krusell Orbit Flex for HTC S740" for few days. It is not bad case. It is good, but it has few problems.

By motaba

There is no openning for USB port
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9296/20090115p1240607sz1.jpg

Front of case is a little bit smaller, so phone is not covered/secured at front upper corner.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/533/20090115p1240624ik1.jpg
Hole for camera a little bit out of line , so you can see it in photos taken by phone.
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/518/20090115p1240626pi4.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5616/20090115p1240617eo0.jpg

But I still think that this case is very good. These are only minor problems.
Krusell Multiadapt system is perfect. I am gonna buy CarHoldickit and BikeHolderkit.

Last edited:

pspgamer

Jul 27, 2008
guys, i wanna buy this thing,
but i wanna know about the package inside the box, is it come with Slip case made of a soft black mesh fabric or not?

in some review they mention about this slip case

networkguy

Oct 4, 2008
Lincolnshire
guys, i wanna buy this thing,
but i wanna know about the package inside the box, is it come with Slip case made of a soft black mesh fabric or not?

in some review they mention about this slip case

no it does not come with a case.

Some of the pre release Press Review Models had a mesh slip case thing in the box but the retail boxed device does not come with any for of case or cover.

pspgamer

Jul 27, 2008
no it does not come with a case.

Some of the pre release Press Review Models had a mesh slip case thing in the box but the retail boxed device does not come with any for of case or cover.

oh ic..
what a pity,so we have to buy a proper case for this thing.
hmm, i think its a little hard to find.
i wonder to buy the simple case for this rose, just like the one from default in E90 nokia does, i think its cool case

simon211175

Jul 24, 2007
I got my S740 on an Orange contract. It came with a mesh style slip pouch. I've attached a photo of it.

Attachments

• IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 125

colonel

Dec 15, 2005
london
I don't like krussel cases, particularly the plastic sheet that separates layers in sliders. I am convinced it makes the phone loose.

I can wholeheartedly recommend pdair as the best value quality case.
A step up is proporta, normally £10 more or so.
Top notch cases are from noreve - but you need to be keeping the phone for a long time to justify the noreve cost, although it is a thing of beauty
http://www.noreve.com/brand/HTC/product/Housse_cuir_HTC_S740_-_HTC_Rose_Tradition.html

joebi

Jan 16, 2007
Bristol
Not sure if this is too late but I bought my Rose about 4 months ago and it came with the mesh slip case. Has kept it scratch free so far and I've dropped it a couple of times ad it has been fine. Good case.

Beretta1526

Mar 9, 2008
I'm using the el-cheapo case that had come with my Cingular 2125 (HTC Faraday) for my S743. It's not the greatest protection, and it's a somewhat tight fit, but it's working out OK.

I was at Best Buy and there is an Eddie Bauer horizontal belt pouch that works well, but I didn't care for the suede interior, as it could retain grit, etc. that could scratch the keyboard. Hey, maybe Clarivue could come up with little squares to cover each individual key on the num pad?

BeRad

May 16, 2009
I just ordered one of the Noreve cases for this thing. I have a tendency to destroy my phones so I needed something and wanted something nice. I'll let you know what I think of it in about two weeks when I am back from Vegas. :)

BeRad

May 16, 2009
well. what do you think of it ?

GREAT case. I am glad I spent the extra money.

The phone doesn't sit perfectly flat in the case due to the backing plate on the phone. I don't think this is a flaw on the part of the case, just the way it ends up being. I don't even really notice it anymore. I held the case and tried my best to shake the phone loose... no go. That think is IN there.

The keyboard slides in and out with ease and the little tabs that hold the phone down have yet to create any wear marks on the phone from sliding the keyboard open.

The belt clip is great and as best as I can figure, WILL NOT come off your belt accidentally. It can take a bit of getting used to clipping the phone onto the belt clip but eventually it becomes second-nature. When you spin the phone on the clip, it makes a "tick tick" kind of sound as it changes position. This is good for 2 reasons: You can verify, by feel, that the phone is clipped in properly, and you can have the phone hold position at various different angles.

My one beef is that the thread started to come out. This isn't really a huge deal since the side that the thread ends on is double-stitched for most of the length. I just trimmed it and put some clear nail polish on the thread to glue it in place. No problems on that front since.

I love the fact that there is no plastic over the keyboard. I HATE that cheap plastic crap they use on cases. It is such garbage! lol

One other note: The magnet is nice and strong. It is also in position that makes it almost impossible to open up when the phone is clipped in. It is, however, not so strong that it prevents you from flipping it open with one finger. Seems to be perfect strength.

overall i'd give it a solid 8 out of 10: I dock points for: Slightly uneven seating in the case, and thread coming out a bit. other than that, it is exactly what I expected.

WARNING: keep keyguard on at all times. Pressing your arm against the phone when it is on your belt can cause the "call" key to be depressed.

willl

May 10, 2006
flickr.com
BeRad, it looks like a really nice case! But wow that price is really high (in Australian dollars it's $70.46).

But I guess the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!

osstis

Oct 13, 2009
West Yorkshire / Silesia Poland
hi friends, looking for a clear hard case for my rose or silicone case, both with two separate parts, one for back and one for front, can not find any on ebay, just found this :cool: mobilephonecrazy.com/modeldetail/S740,black_silicon_case.htm or mobilephonecrazy.com/modeldetail/S740,Clear_crystal_cover.htm
somebody ordered it ready? there is no real photo, do not like aluminium or leather cases :confused: