PAC Q&A

Search This thread

anna86

Oct 14, 2012
RzEszÓW
Hello gentlemen I will be grateful for a brief description of how to install this rom Pacman on neo-v5 vi if everything works for some time because I will not have internet I will be grateful for the answer or a short tutorial

Last edited:

kormatoes

Welcome to PAC Q&A
Ask anything you need here
The aim here is to not clutter our dev thread up
Do u want to contribute anything to PAC here is the place to do it
Ie
Themes ,pad props,screenshots that sort of thing
Just do it (thanks Nike)

Last edited:
Reactions: jaj473

bulook00

Jun 10, 2012
jambi
Hello gentlemen I will be grateful for a brief description of how to install this rom Pacman on neo-v5 vi if everything works for some time because I will not have internet I will be grateful for the answer or a short tutorial

if u familiar with installing cm9 or cm 10.. i think it can be done.
http://www.mediafire.com/?f7a0bd0u897ggdv this the rom package kernel is inside zip
-extract kernel from zip
-put zip package to sdcard
-flash the kernel via fastboot/flashtool with fastboot mode
-get in to recovery mode (cwm recovery)
-format data/default factory, clean cache and dalvik
-flash the rom
-then reboot
-set wifi on then
-flash gapps in recovery

what work doesnt work see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803076 except usb storage not full implement.

anna86

Oct 14, 2012
RzEszÓW
thanks just maybe something will try out with this but I pytanko currently pureness xda rom I use 13 and karnel night elf karnel just write it from the pacman v5 and supposed to work?

Reactions: kormatoes

Rockways

Jul 26, 2012
Kolkata
iamanujk.blogspot.in
This question is relevant on this section rather than dev section..

Hope @bulook00 reads..

Can you recommend good PA settings for Neo V? The only reason I am not using PAC is because I can't figure out the right settings..

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda app-developers app

bulook00

Jun 10, 2012
jambi
This question is relevant on this section rather than dev section..

Hope @bulook00 reads..

Can you recommend good PA settings for Neo V? The only reason I am not using PAC is because I can't figure out the right settings..

PA setting is about taste, I can't give u good recommend, I'm use tabletui for status bar with some app on phone ui, with 160 DPI on system DPI, some like phablet ui, and other stick on phone ui, if you give ss or layout you want, maybe i can figure the setting.

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Rockways

Rockways

Jul 26, 2012
Kolkata
iamanujk.blogspot.in
PA setting is about taste, I can't give u good recommend, I'm use tabletui for status bar with some app on phone ui, with 160 DPI on system DPI, some like phablet ui, and other stick on phone ui, if you give ss or layout you want, maybe i can figure the setting.

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2

I wish I could tell you what kind of layout I want but I am absolutely cluesless! I was happy with the UI in your AOKP ports. I play around with PA settings and the icons become sooo small and sometimes tooo big. Plus my exams are on the way so I can't play too much with my phone.

But was with you guys from start of AOKP JB and till PAC V5.. Now, plain ol FXP 142. Will rejoin the PAC army after exams. Please keep up the outstanding work you have been doing!

dutta_d1

Jan 27, 2012
Recent Apps

Is it just me or is anybody else also facing this issue? I freshly formatted and installed PACman V6.5. Right after install, long press of home button shows the list of recent apps. Then after going to AOKP settings and disabling the unwanted toggle buttons, long press of home button doesn't show recent apps anymore. Only makes the status bar disappear for 5 seconds.

Even tried to reenable the toggle buttons in AOKP settings. Still it doesn't show the list of recent apps. The only solution is to reformat and reinstall the ROM.

dutta_d1

Jan 27, 2012
System ROM

Never had that at all

Sent from my Xperia neo using XDA Premium HD app

Hi Kormatoes,
Somebody in the development thread also replied that the recent apps is not working. I have been experimenting with the ROM and found that (with Titanium Backup Root) that the System ROM partition has 0B free. That seems to be the issue.

I have removed few apks from the zips (Apollo, GMail, Youtube, TTS files except English, Thinkfree and TTS from GAPPS) and reflashed it. Now, system ROM is 4 MB free and no more problems.

kormatoes

Hi Kormatoes,
Somebody in the development thread also replied that the recent apps is not working. I have been experimenting with the ROM and found that (with Titanium Backup Root) that the System ROM partition has 0B free. That seems to be the issue.

I have removed few apks from the zips (Apollo, GMail, Youtube, TTS files except English, Thinkfree and TTS from GAPPS) and reflashed it. Now, system ROM is 4 MB free and no more problems.

Incorrect flash ? I've over 60 meg free
U wipe format ?

dutta_d1

Jan 27, 2012
Here's how I flashed

Incorrect flash ? I've over 60 meg free
U wipe format ?

Here's how I flashed. I was using FXP CM9 earlier-

1. Fastboot flashHallon.img
2. Reboot into recovery (graphic glitch) and wipe data/factory reset. Also wipe cache partition.
3. Mounts and storage -> Format /system and format /cache
4. Install Pacman zip.
5. Reboot and turn Wi-Fi on.
6. Reboot and install GApps.

I have 327 MB system partition (as seen in Titanium Backup Root).
PACMan v.6.5 build date Sun Oct 14 (about phone).
GApps - gapps-jb-20121011-signed.

EDIT: After deleting the TTS files, now Voice won't work :( I thought it would download the TTS files to data partition)

Last edited:

dutta_d1

Jan 27, 2012
Finally got voice working

I copied back files from gapps zip to system/tts and now voice is working fine. Also uninstalled Talkback.

Now everything is working buttery smooth, except that system partition has just 2 MB left. But no problems with ROM.

I wonder how Kormatoes got 60 MB free in system. What might I be doing wrong? Perhaps it is because I am using latest version of GApps? The size of this GApps is ~85 MB.

kormatoes

I copied back files from gapps zip to system/tts and now voice is working fine. Also uninstalled Talkback.

Now everything is working buttery smooth, except that system partition has just 2 MB left. But no problems with ROM.

I wonder how Kormatoes got 60 MB free in system. What might I be doing wrong? Perhaps it is because I am using latest version of GApps? The size of this GApps is ~85 MB.

Check out thread for neo PAC u see everyone has over 100 meg free

dutta_d1

Jan 27, 2012
Check out thread for neo PAC u see everyone has over 100 meg free

Saw the thread. Everybody says ~100 MB free RAM, which is correct.

As for the system partition, people say 15 MB, 4.20 MB, etc. One user says 60 MB free out of 400 MB system partition, which means ROM takes 340MB and for me, as I have 327 MB system, it gets full.

Is there any way to increase my system partition from 327 MB to 400 MB?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Just made one discovery. The difference is due to the model of the phone-

Neo = 327 MB system partition
Neo V = 400 MB system partition

Size needed to comfortably flash this ROM ~ 340 MB.

So people flashing this ROM to Neo V will have no problems but people having Neo will exhaust their system partition.

In one another thread, says it is possible to flash the ftf files from Neo V to Neo and increase system to 400 MB. However, I am reluctant to do that at the moment, as not sure if there are any side effects or if the process is reversible at all.

For me, solution at the moment is to trim down the ROM and install it. Works like a charm :cool:

kormatoes

Saw the thread. Everybody says ~100 MB free RAM, which is correct.

As for the system partition, people say 15 MB, 4.20 MB, etc. One user says 60 MB free out of 400 MB system partition, which means ROM takes 340MB and for me, as I have 327 MB system, it gets full.

Is there any way to increase my system partition from 327 MB to 400 MB?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Just made one discovery. The difference is due to the model of the phone-

Neo = 327 MB system partition
Neo V = 400 MB system partition

Size needed to comfortably flash this ROM ~ 340 MB.

So people flashing this ROM to Neo V will have no problems but people having Neo will exhaust their system partition.

In one another thread, says it is possible to flash the ftf files from Neo V to Neo and increase system to 400 MB. However, I am reluctant to do that at the moment, as not sure if there are any side effects or if the process is reversible at all.

For me, solution at the moment is to trim down the ROM and install it. Works like a charm :cool:

We flashed neo v partision

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Hows gaming? And how much free ram?

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app

Who cares I have consoles for gaming honestly

Suarezian

Jun 18, 2012
Mumbai
We flashed neo v partision

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Who cares I have consoles for gaming honestly

But I don't mate
Please tell me

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts