[Fastboot] Droid Razr M Xt907 Ice Cream Sandwich

Search This thread

Pzyduck

Nov 8, 2010
La Rioja
DROID RAZR M XT907 Ice Cream Sandwich software update availability

The following table is for reference only.

Country|Carrier Name|Android|System version
US|Verizon|4.0.4|Blur_Version.77.111.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US

BUILT PROPERTIES
build.id=7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S136-10
build.version.release=4.0.4
build.date=Mon Aug 27 06:18:07 CDT 2012
Blur_Version.77.111.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US

1. 7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S136-10 - Verizon

Source: http://www.droidevelopers.com/showt...e-Cream-Sandwich-software-update-amp-download

Reactions: hokieputter

noylekul

Dec 31, 2010
mine tried to update today, it wouldn't go through. Also when I try to reboot into recovery I'm having issues there, just doesn't want to do it... anyone know why?

noylekul

Dec 31, 2010
I missed the step about both v keys at the M, I'm getting it to work now, except I can't find the file. I know its there, can go look at it in the file explorer, but can't find it in recovery.

melo563

Apr 12, 2011
davenport
Did you move it to your SD card it goes to your internal first not external which is where it has to be also did you rename to update.zip?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
I apologize if this is something obvious, but when I try and run this through rsdlite (5.7 and 5.9) on my retail M running the JB leak, it immediately fails and says "Failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (getvar)".

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
Got it to work by removing the getvar line in the xml (per mattlgroff, no way I would've tried that myself) - works perfectly from the JB leak, thanks again for this!

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Just to be clear, is the the stock ROM that came with the RAZR M? That way people could try out the JB leak, and then use this to revert back. Since there isn't a way to install CWM and do a backup.

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
Just to be clear, is the the stock ROM that came with the RAZR M? That way people could try out the JB leak, and then use this to revert back. Since there isn't a way to install CWM and do a backup.

Correct, on the current leak anyway. Obviously if you have to do this your data will be wiped as well.

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
When using RSD Light, does the phone have to be in normal "power on" mode, or in a special "download" mode for RSD to install the files?

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
When using RSD Light, does the phone have to be in normal "power on" mode, or in a special "download" mode for RSD to install the files?

AP Fastboot - from powered off, hold down volume-up AND volume-down, then while holding those, press and hold the power button until you see a menu pop-up that's simply white text on a black background. Once that comes up, use volume-down to move down to AP Fastboot, and volume-up to select it. Then plug it into your computer, fire up rsdlite (6.1.4! ;)), open the file linked in the OP, and go!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

tadgerloks

Sep 24, 2010
CA
help im stuck

ok so i messed with the build.prop and cant get the original one in through adb, i tried flashingjust system img thru fastboot but the file is too big just error after error with cmd prompt...

so i downloaded stock firmware per phonearena link, and i have rsdlite 6.1.4 installed as well as all the latest drivers, it fails on step 1 "gpt_main0.bin" so i removed that line from xml and tried again, it got further but failed at fsg.mbn

i dont know what to do, i figure if all i need is a good build.prop i should have rsd flash just the system.img but that doesnt work either...

i don't know what to do? any suggestions, or ideas?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

ok i solved it, nevermind :)

aznguyen316

Feb 8, 2007
ok so i messed with the build.prop and cant get the original one in through adb, i tried flashingjust system img thru fastboot but the file is too big just error after error with cmd prompt...

so i downloaded stock firmware per phonearena link, and i have rsdlite 6.1.4 installed as well as all the latest drivers, it fails on step 1 "gpt_main0.bin" so i removed that line from xml and tried again, it got further but failed at fsg.mbn

i dont know what to do, i figure if all i need is a good build.prop i should have rsd flash just the system.img but that doesnt work either...

i don't know what to do? any suggestions, or ideas?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

ok i solved it, nevermind :)

PLEASE post what you did to fix this issue as it may creep up again for someone else. These posts I run into every so often on google asking a problem and then all I see is "fixed it" no solutions posted. =) thanks!

tadgerloks

Sep 24, 2010
CA
I deleted the bad build.prop from the system, and The recovery-from-boot.p file or something similar in name, they're the only 2 files in /system that aren't folders, after I rebooted into AP Fast boot and through cmd.exe on win7 and typed in "fastboot -w"

Then "fastboot reboot"

Back too fastboot mode, start RSDLite 6.1.4 w/admin privileges, extracted firmware manually, edited XML too remove any line wit "var" or "OEM" in them, as well as the line with "gpt-main0.bin" I pointed RSD too the XML and it flashed flawlessly

Now I'm back on JB Leak and rooted :)

Last edited:
Reactions: aznguyen316

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, thanks.

I've posted the files and instruction here:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-to-restore-your-Motorola-DROID-RAZR-M-back-to-stock_id35580

If anything needs editing, let me know.
    Remove the line with "getvar" and remove any line with OEM or var. It should be first long line and 3rd and last, if u get errors after then remove the line with "gptmain0.bin" should be line # 2

II'lledit the XML and see if I can upload it or pm u

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

I have too red download the files again, would u mind sending me the XML, or I can help u as best as I can without it I'll try and guide you
    DROID RAZR M XT907 Ice Cream Sandwich software update availability

The following table is for reference only.

Country|Carrier Name|Android|System version
    US|Verizon|4.0.4|Blur_Version.77.111.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US

BUILT PROPERTIES
    build.id=7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S136-10
    build.version.release=4.0.4
    build.date=Mon Aug 27 06:18:07 CDT 2012
    Blur_Version.77.111.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US

1. 7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S136-10 - Verizon

Source: http://www.droidevelopers.com/showt...e-Cream-Sandwich-software-update-amp-download
    Use RSD Lite 6.1.4 :D
    I deleted the bad build.prop from the system, and The recovery-from-boot.p file or something similar in name, they're the only 2 files in /system that aren't folders, after I rebooted into AP Fast boot and through cmd.exe on win7 and typed in "fastboot -w"

Then "fastboot reboot"

Back too fastboot mode, start RSDLite 6.1.4 w/admin privileges, extracted firmware manually, edited XML too remove any line wit "var" or "OEM" in them, as well as the line with "gpt-main0.bin" I pointed RSD too the XML and it flashed flawlessly

Now I'm back on JB Leak and rooted :)