FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEMED APP / JellyBean] Apollo Holo Dark v3 pre-release (12/6/2012)

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By FluffyRabbit, Member on 11th October 2012, 07:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2012, 02:57 AM |#21  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihashacks

Did you fork this or just git pull? Access to the source for your tweaks would be awesome (and possibly required if this is GPL. I couldn't find the license terms for the original).

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Quote:

Ron,

To answer you question, Apollo is licensed under the Apache License.
That being said, I would prefer you stick to side loading because I'm
working on releasing it into the the Play Store and plan to do so very
soon. I appreciate you asking first, some people don't and it's
frustrating to see them given credit for my work.

About what you're doing, have you considered using CM's theme engine
to create your themes? Considering you want to give every app the holo
dark theme, that's what I would look into. Also, you should look into
using Apollo's theme engine. If you created a holo dark theme for
Apollo you would also be helping me and Apollo out by providing more
themes for people. Also, since I've released it for CM, I've changed
the default theme to more of a holo dark one. I haven't pushed these
changes yet, but I'm trying to get everything ready to do so very
soon.

- Andrew

So it appears once he releases these changes, I will just need to implement my changes too.
The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyRabbit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FluffyRabbit Ad-Free

19th October 2012, 03:48 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Sorry for being a noob in regards to this app, but I've always used Poweramp as my default because of the great EQ settings (and i payed $5...) and never gave CM's player a chance. What great features does Apollo bring to the table?
19th October 2012, 04:08 AM |#23  
Flag Byron Center
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchen96

Sorry for being a noob in regards to this app, but I've always used Poweramp as my default because of the great EQ settings (and i payed $5...) and never gave CM's player a chance. What great features does Apollo bring to the table?

All of them lol. I have tried over 10 players and this is my favorite. I like the ui, the options, and it works with other third party equalizers, not that you need it cause this has a great one built in. Try it, you can always uninstall if you don't like it, plus its free

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
19th October 2012, 04:43 AM |#24  

More
Sigh... I want my $5 back from poweramp this is GREAT! the UI is alot better. Only issue is the album art. Look so ugly...All my art is blurry now. Wish it had "download coverart" feature
19th October 2012, 04:57 AM |#25  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Sigh... I want my $5 back from poweramp this is GREAT! the UI is alot better. Only issue is the album art. Look so ugly...All my art is blurry now. Wish it had "download coverart" feature

Actually, it does. It is supposed to search for local images and then look online if you don't have local images. I believe it uses Last.fm for cover art. In the code there are functions to force cover art search. I can see if that makes a difference at all.
19th October 2012, 07:52 AM |#26  

More
Oh... Well I'll fiddle with it for a while. If it's not sticking in reboot, to un install do I go into system root and just delete?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
19th October 2012, 10:23 AM |#27  
NY
Thanks Meter: 1,018

More
Ya I love this too and continue to use it. Hopefully we can get last.FM to work with it. I've come across a few things I want to look into but gotta wait till my new laptop charger is delivered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
19th October 2012, 06:47 PM |#28  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Oh... Well I'll fiddle with it for a while. If it's not sticking in reboot, to un install do I go into system root and just delete?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. You either have to uninstall the system application or you have to push to /system/apps
19th October 2012, 09:44 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyRabbit

So it appears once he releases these changes, I will just need to implement my changes too.

And since it is the Apache license, you're not at all required to share your changes.

Thanks for the update!
23rd October 2012, 10:20 AM |#30  
NY
Thanks Meter: 1,018

More
Finally installed this. Looks good and love the transparent widget. Gonna look around to see if its possible to get last.FM working with this in the morning now that I got my laptop back.

Edit: just came across the developers blog. He said back on like may 21st that he was going to release a paid version to the play store which would include scrobbling. I don't see it or the player at all. I emailed him.

Edit2: he emailed back and said he's releasing a version on the play store like I previously mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda
23rd October 2012, 05:02 PM |#31  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm fdr

Finally installed this. Looks good and love the transparent widget. Gonna look around to see if its possible to get last.FM working with this in the morning now that I got my laptop back.

Edit: just came across the developers blog. He said back on like may 21st that he was going to release a paid version to the play store which would include scrobbling. I don't see it or the player at all. I emailed him.

Edit2: he emailed back and said he's releasing a version on the play store like I previously mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda

He was supposed to release it quite some time ago but just hasn't so far. For all we know, it will be another 5 years.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apollo, dark, holo, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)