FORUMS

[ROM][September 4] Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 [ICS / CM9.1 stable]

3,301 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,371

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2012, 06:57 PM |#2241  
Loving this rom on my G2, makes me a bit more comfortable while I'm waiting for my GNex to return from repairs.

One issue though, while browsing Play Store, most of the text turned to gibberish. Looked as tho parts were failing to render.
19th October 2012, 02:30 PM |#2242  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352

One issue though, while browsing Play Store, most of the text turned to gibberish. Looked as tho parts were failing to render.

That's actually a common problem of all G2 CM -based ROMs. The reason remains unknown (as I see it) since it hasn't been fixed so far. And it may happen in any app, not only the Play Store. Force close and reopen - the glitch won't be there.
19th October 2012, 04:18 PM |#2243  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmehr

That's actually a common problem of all G2 CM -based ROMs. The reason remains unknown (as I see it) since it hasn't been fixed so far. And it may happen in any app, not only the Play Store. Force close and reopen - the glitch won't be there.

I still don't get what's taken so long to fix it. It looks like the fonts are all laid out on a texture or something and the texture coordinates for the gpu-accelerated drawing of it are getting ****ed up.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
19th October 2012, 06:12 PM |#2244  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11,371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibemad1

I still don't get what's taken so long to fix it. It looks like the fonts are all laid out on a texture or something and the texture coordinates for the gpu-accelerated drawing of it are getting ****ed up.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

What do you mean you don't get why it's taken "so long"? You realize there's only 2 other people capable of fixing this issue that use the Vision, right? (Flinny & fyodor, maybe Flemmard too, I'm out of the loop).

The fact of the matter is that there just aren't many (any?) active developers for our device. With the exception of the Andromadus team, there are literally no other programmers working on this device. All other ROMs are ports or kangs with absolutely no new development effort being done to them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2012, 08:50 PM |#2245  
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Question, blk_jack. I found the bounds for signal bars in stock Android in terms of asu/dBm, but could you please tell me the modified bounds for the 6-bar modification? Thanks!
20th October 2012, 01:17 AM |#2246  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I don't know if you already know this, but official HTC Desire S ICS rom is out.
20th October 2012, 03:49 PM |#2247  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question Csipsimple (sip app)
Hi all !

I cannot get Csipsimple working on this rom (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ipsimple&hl=en).

I've tried with wifi calling patch and without but no success...

Do someone know a workaround/fix ?

Thx,

Seb
21st October 2012, 08:56 AM |#2248  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5

More
wow thanks for a great ROM! I've installed mimicry on my girlfriend's desire z and it's wayyyyy better than stock, and quite slick as far as rom installs go. Really appreciate the work on this, and I know she does too, as she was about to get a new phone and this has satisfied her craving at least for a few more months.

She has noticed a few glitches though, and I'm wondering if anyone's found any fixes or workarounds:

1st, occasionally someone sends an SMS and she doesn't receive it. Apparently this was never an issue for her on the stock rom (i've already suggested it might just be network related), and so I've verified her APN config and added ghostly SMS to see if it picks up anything, but I have no idea really.

2nd some apps occasionally lag the phone out really bad, or cause it to hang indefinitely. The #1 culprit seems to be the default browser, but she mentioned the facebook app does this as well. I've now got her using opera but she's used to the android browser, and haven't yet found anything to do about facebook.

Sorry if these issues were addressed previously; I've searched and scanned through the last couple dozen pages, but ran out of time for the other 200! Thanks for any help or re-direction!
21st October 2012, 09:02 AM |#2249  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg11

wow thanks for a great ROM! I've installed mimicry on my girlfriend's desire z and it's wayyyyy better than stock, and quite slick as far as rom installs go. Really appreciate the work on this, and I know she does too, as she was about to get a new phone and this has satisfied her craving at least for a few more months.

She has noticed a few glitches though, and I'm wondering if anyone's found any fixes or workarounds:

1st, occasionally someone sends an SMS and she doesn't receive it. Apparently this was never an issue for her on the stock rom (i've already suggested it might just be network related), and so I've verified her APN config and added ghostly SMS to see if it picks up anything, but I have no idea really.

2nd some apps occasionally lag the phone out really bad, or cause it to hang indefinitely. The #1 culprit seems to be the default browser, but she mentioned the facebook app does this as well. I've now got her using opera but she's used to the android browser, and haven't yet found anything to do about facebook.

Sorry if these issues were addressed previously; I've searched and scanned through the last couple dozen pages, but ran out of time for the other 200! Thanks for any help or re-direction!

This is my experience with FB and Mimicry. And the official FB app is notoriously terrible on any phone/ROM/etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ditamae For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ditamae Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 10:10 AM |#2250  
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 1,150

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

What do you mean you don't get why it's taken "so long"? You realize there's only 2 other people capable of fixing this issue that use the Vision, right? (Flinny & fyodor, maybe Flemmard too, I'm out of the loop).

The fact of the matter is that there just aren't many (any?) active developers for our device. With the exception of the Andromadus team, there are literally no other programmers working on this device. All other ROMs are ports or kangs with absolutely no new development effort being done to them.

Just so you know that problem happens on other devices as well not just Vision in regards to the previous post
21st October 2012, 06:27 PM |#2251  
Flag Brooksville, FL
Thanks Meter: 43

More
CSIPsimple
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb1435

Hi all !

I cannot get Csipsimple working on this rom (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ipsimple&hl=en).

I've tried with wifi calling patch and without but no success...

Do someone know a workaround/fix ?

Thx,

Seb

There are a few settings set by default that will kill any attempts to connect of communicate with server, e.g.; avoid stun unless directed otherwise; don't use TCP; do not enable turn, ice or stun; check DTMF mode for auto or inband; check codecs, ulaw (pmcu or g711u) is used by mostly if not all.

The native sip is far easier to setup with better integration overall. Sound quality is on par with Csipsimple under normal circumstances. I use it daily connected to my Asterisk/Google Voice running on a Mac.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)