FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,276
 
By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2012, 09:15 PM |#531  
H4CK_H0PP3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
HELP
Hi friends,

please help me out to buy tablet,

I dont know much about there hardware configuration,

I want tablet specialy for hacking & fun purpose,like it can be rooted ,new ROMS,i can use backtrack on it n sum other distro & can pentest on it,

wht i wanted 1 gb RAM & highest n awesome processor

+dual boot will be awesome i mean i can use windows or andorid or anything at 1 click (IF AVIALBLE)

+ upgradable

+calling function wil b nice with sim card for using 2g +3g

+ i hv huwaei 7.2mbps modem E1750C unlocked, it can b work on it,

+ Battey must be awesome with gr8 battery backup cz my bro have HTC ka mobile usko full day charging pe rakhke cel use karna padtaa he, i dnt want to face this charging problem

+ front & back camera normal to take pics n for video caling

+ awesome touch scren experiance

+ awesome reviews cz i always buys 1 time only not again n again

+ other normal n amazing features like expandable memry including 16 gb internal memroy,wifi ,usb 2.0 usb 3.0 ports,good sound quality for music n bla bla etc..


My budget is 15-20 K INR but i can add more budget also if above budget fails my requirement

So plz guide me as i know there are some branded tabs also but no idea whether they meet my requirements or not, brand is not important for me, i know some tabs starts with 3.5K but stil i am looking for best long time usable tab,

Help me i will be very very much thankfull to you guys.

help me
19th October 2012, 11:11 PM |#532  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for all the suggestions, now it's a matter of deciding which is the one that I'm going to buy, there's a promotion for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus so I might go for it

Thanks Everyone
20th October 2012, 12:04 AM |#533  
mfsr98's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290
 
More
Exacly like me, there is a promotion for the nexus
20th October 2012, 12:46 AM |#534  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
perfect and good idea
20th October 2012, 01:14 AM |#535  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Finally managed to rake in almost enough money for a tablet. Now I'm just wondering if the Nexus 7 is still a good buy as I won't be able to upgrade for a good while and it will take me some time (Around a month) before I can finally get it. I know I should then choose in a month but as I have other reasons of needing to choose early. I also heard of the Acer Iconia A110 which is apperantly almost the same as the Nexus with a sd card slot but minus the nexus benefits. Any advice for which is best?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
20th October 2012, 04:16 AM |#536  
Ghost ic0n's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

It's called AC!D mod.

"I got my values. So you can keep yours, OK?"

Thanks yet again! I'm so rooting for an S now, time to search up some sweet ballistic cases and quality screen protectors along the way as I hunt for a sealed, in-box deal.

As far as the AC!D mod, it looks professional with all of the addons it gives. But, most of its features rely on the Beats Audio engine/stuff. And Beats (by Dr. Dre,) is strictly for bass-heavy pop/hip-hop songs..... and I'm a metal-head. Along with it, a bunch of punk rock. I hope that the mod doesn't mess up the sound and make the vocals and other instruments unclear due to heavy/loud bass.

BTW, does anybody have experience with this mod in terms of listening to rock, metal/progressive metal, and/or punk rock? Oh, and I'm not going to be using Beats headphones. Instead, I have a pair of Monoprice 8323 noise-isolating headphones which cost only $24, and compete (if not even win at points) with $200+ Beats headphones (according to many professional reviews.)
20th October 2012, 04:24 AM |#537  
Felimenta97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost ic0n

Thanks yet again! I'm so rooting for an S now, time to search up some sweet ballistic cases and quality screen protectors along the way as I hunt for a sealed, in-box deal.

As far as the AC!D mod, it looks professional with all of the addons it gives. But, most of its features rely on the Beats Audio engine/stuff. And Beats (by Dr. Dre,) is strictly for bass-heavy pop/hip-hop songs..... and I'm a metal-head. Along with it, a bunch of punk rock. I hope that the mod doesn't mess up the sound and make the vocals and other instruments unclear due to heavy/loud bass.

BTW, does anybody have experience with this mod in terms of listening to rock, metal/progressive metal, and/or punk rock? Oh, and I'm not going to be using Beats headphones. Instead, I have a pair of Monoprice 8323 noise-isolating headphones which cost only $24, and compete (if not even win at points) with $200+ Beats headphones (according to many professional reviews.)

Well, I listen to a certain number of music styles, such as electronics, rock, punk rock, a little of pop in general (not the ****ty pop most listen), and, IMO, it is perfect for me.

"A scattered dream that's like a far off memory
A far off memory that's like a scattered dream"
The Following User Says Thank You to Felimenta97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Felimenta97 Ad-Free
20th October 2012, 09:36 AM |#538  
CPQR's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question
Okay, So I have a Xperia U st25i and am a happy user. Now I want to gift my girl a new phone and I am stuck between Sola & U.
They are almost same spec wise but I think Sola has a better shape. I can get them for almost same price on eBay.
So what are your suggestions, any other phone in this price range you guys can suggest?
20th October 2012, 10:33 AM |#539  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I don't know what should I buy between Samasung Galaxy S3 Mini or Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Can some one hlep me to fix this "problem" for me?
20th October 2012, 10:37 AM |#540  
Brute.Force's Avatar
Senior Member
ⓍⒹⒶ ⒹⒺⓋⒺⓁⓄⓅⒺⓇⓈ
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
phone with huge dev support
Friends i want to buy a phone which has huge dev support and custom roms. i know about htc hd2 and nexus one but they are lil bit expensive. so recommend me a phone for which i can expect custom roms for future android. i can afford the following
1. htc aria
2. htc legend
3. htc explorer
4. samsung galaxy gio
5. htc hero
6. any other phone in the same price range
plz dont recommend zte blade as it is not available in my area.
Thanks in advance
20th October 2012, 06:46 PM |#541  
vj_dustin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4CK_H0PP3R

Hi friends,

please help me out to buy tablet,

I dont know much about there hardware configuration,

I want tablet specialy for hacking & fun purpose,like it can be rooted ,new ROMS,i can use backtrack on it n sum other distro & can pentest on it,

wht i wanted 1 gb RAM & highest n awesome processor

+dual boot will be awesome i mean i can use windows or andorid or anything at 1 click (IF AVIALBLE)

+ upgradable

+calling function wil b nice with sim card for using 2g +3g

+ i hv huwaei 7.2mbps modem E1750C unlocked, it can b work on it,

+ Battey must be awesome with gr8 battery backup cz my bro have HTC ka mobile usko full day charging pe rakhke cel use karna padtaa he, i dnt want to face this charging problem

+ front & back camera normal to take pics n for video caling

+ awesome touch scren experiance

+ awesome reviews cz i always buys 1 time only not again n again

+ other normal n amazing features like expandable memry including 16 gb internal memroy,wifi ,usb 2.0 usb 3.0 ports,good sound quality for music n bla bla etc..


My budget is 15-20 K INR but i can add more budget also if above budget fails my requirement

So plz guide me as i know there are some branded tabs also but no idea whether they meet my requirements or not, brand is not important for me, i know some tabs starts with 3.5K but stil i am looking for best long time usable tab,

Help me i will be very very much thankfull to you guys.

help me

THIS suits your Calling, Hacking & Performance requirements. It even has a XDA dedicated Forum.
THIS is also worth a view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightHawk223

Finally managed to rake in almost enough money for a tablet. Now I'm just wondering if the Nexus 7 is still a good buy as I won't be able to upgrade for a good while and it will take me some time (Around a month) before I can finally get it. I know I should then choose in a month but as I have other reasons of needing to choose early. I also heard of the Acer Iconia A110 which is apperantly almost the same as the Nexus with a sd card slot but minus the nexus benefits. Any advice for which is best?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Nexus 7 is very attractive but logically useless. Only WIFI, just 8-16 storage. It'll be fun for a month then you'll regret. So better go for THIS.
AFAIK, Atleast in India, Nexus 7 costs almost equivalent to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maged6294

I don't know what should I buy between Samasung Galaxy S3 Mini or Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Can some one hlep me to fix this "problem" for me?

This is a way off comparison!
S3 Mini is a sub 20k phone and a phone.
Note 2 is a 35-45 range phone and is a phablet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAddiction

Friends i want to buy a phone which has huge dev support and custom roms. i know about htc hd2 and nexus one but they are lil bit expensive. so recommend me a phone for which i can expect custom roms for future android. i can afford the following
1. htc aria
2. htc legend
3. htc explorer
4. samsung galaxy gio
5. htc hero
6. any other phone in the same price range
plz dont recommend zte blade as it is not available in my area.
Thanks in advance

You should get your budget right first.
Explorer is a starting range phone, 8-10k while HTC Hero is a high end 30k+ phone and HTC Legend is sub 20k phone..
The Following User Says Thank You to vj_dustin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vj_dustin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes