The best Antivirus for PC..?

Search This thread

iok1

Feb 24, 2012
Helsingborg
My parent's f-secure makes my computer not able to run planetside 2. False positive :(

Sent from my.... Actually, who needs to know anyway?

patriotaki

Jul 17, 2012
I just installed vipre and it found a tracking cookie and also saved me from 16 risks as it says.. I will look more into it and I will let you know my opinion about vipre

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

jaszek

Dec 30, 2008
Brooklyn
jaszekphoto.com
I think Norton ranked the highest last time, but no AV is 100% secure. At work I might scan something with one, remove threats, and scan with another one and find more threats.

85gallon

I think Norton ranked the highest last time, but no AV is 100% secure. At work I might scan something with one, remove threats, and scan with another one and find more threats.
It ranked highest because it comes installed on most pc's and is only used by AOL types that don't know the difference between memory and storage!! I would go without before I ran that resource hog crap!!!

boborone

OP, next time do a search on here before posting a new thread. This has been gone over many many many times. Numerous threads about it.

That said, I can't find it now, but this site has a questionare that you fill out and it gives you the best av and fw for your needs.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anti-virus-software.htm

I use avira (antivirus), malwarebytes (anti malware), and comodo (firewall). I love comodo. Best firewall I've ever used. If you do connect to open wifi alot, I would suggest this. If you install programs to try them out, comodo, if you do anything at all of any risky behavior, comodo.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/how-to-secure-your-pc.php

jaszek

Dec 30, 2008
Brooklyn
jaszekphoto.com
It ranked highest because it comes installed on most pc's and is only used by AOL types that don't know the difference between memory and storage!! I would go without before I ran that resource hog crap!!!

I think you have to upgrade your computer. Norton never was a resource hog for me. And the ranking wasn't based on how many people have it. It was a test where they had a bunch of AVs scanning for the same thing, and see which one finds the most.

xxkid123

Jun 13, 2012
Ms security essentials and maleware bytes free. Use ms security essentials for real time protection, If you think you've got a virus, enter safe mode and use maleware bytes to remove.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

patriotaki

Jul 17, 2012
hmm im happy with vipre as for now..but I have two questions:
1) does vipre scan for malware as the ms essentials?
2) does the ms essentials have internet protection ?

G

GuestK00178

I use SpyBot S&D to get rid of extra crapware after removing the main part of the malware. Revo uninstaller is a very useful tool as well but I don't think it has an av scan.

Sent from the Time Vortex

D

Deleted member 3493119

hmm im happy with vipre as for now..but I have two questions:
1) does vipre scan for malware as the ms essentials?
2) does the ms essentials have internet protection ?

Yes, it has all the above features:)

But MSessentials doesnt have internet protection.

Skickat från min ST18i via Tapatalk 2

densetsu86

Aug 19, 2011
Been using norton360 and I love that one. 3yrs with it and no viruses. False positives here and there but there is a reason for that. My computer gets attacked daily with bit torrent but not one of them ever succeeds. Used avast pro trial for 30days and when I went back to Norton360 found a ton of crap that avast didn't protect me against mostly adware crap.

Is norton360 a resource hog? not if you have 4gb of ram. Hell not even with 2gb. Never felt or seen it slow down cause of norton360. I remember regular Norton was but 360 most definitely resource friendly or just stop being cheap and buy ram. Seriously at 4gb you don't notice it at all so its hard to say for me.

3yrs and not one damn problem (knocks on wood) and with how much **** I saw it protected me against its kinda hard to leave it. Piece of mind that's what Norton 360 is to me.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Currently I'm with Avast 7 Free Edition, Malwarebytes Antimalware (free edition also) and Windows 7 Firewall and its solid protection. Till now haven't got a virus, but at the end it all depends in what kind of sites you're entering...you know what I'm talking about :angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Microsoft Security Essentials (and common sense). It's quiet, won't bother you like most AV programs, you won't even know its there until it finds a virus.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
    BonziBuddy is the best anti virus.
    Don't use windows, that's the best antivirus.