[Q] How to Root Toshiba Regza IS04

Search This thread

samkk75

Nov 15, 2011
Izumo
I'm a complete noob and I've searched the forums and can't find an answer to my questions. (I'm sure there's some answer in Japanese on a Japanese forum somewhere, but my Japanese is not up to that level.)

I have a Toshiba Regza IS04 from AU (in Japan).
Running Android 2.2.2
Baseband Version 5014.1907.39
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-rel ftml-android@ftml #1
Build Number FFK300

I have been researching rooting on and off for months since I first got the phone and have decided I would like to root it. My reasons for rooting:
1. I want to get rid of all the apps that were pre-installed that I don't use.
2. I would like to have the latest version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. (I doubt that another authorized upgrade from au is ever going to happen, since the 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade.)

It seems from reading forums that there are special builds of an OS depending on the phone?

My questions:
1. What is the best way to backup my phone before rooting?
2. What would be the best rooting method for my phone (SuperOneClick?)?
3. How can I (or even can I) upgrade my Android to 4.0?

Thanks for any help!!
Sam

Reactions: kazmatrix

samkk75

Nov 15, 2011
Izumo
To answer my own question, in case any one else wants to know:

Okay... it looks like I cannot post external links... until I post 8 times, which I don't really predict doing... so I'm going to try just removing the http at the beginning and see if it will go.

Superoneclick v2.2 does NOT work with this phone. It gets through "Rooting device... Step #7" but cannot remount.
Unrevoked does not work.
Z4root also does not work.

But I found a Japanese site with directions that did work! YES!!
hibari.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/smartphone/1320415141/

Somewhere in the page was the following information and link:
■auto_rootkit_is04_v0.5+suhax
hotfile.com/dl/134084004/f59084e/auto_rootkit_is04_v0.5suhax.zip.html

I downloaded the zip file and extracted it. I clicked on adb.exe first and then clicked on the auto_rootkit_is04 batch file. I just hit enter after each step. (It's in Japanese, but all it says is each step it is doing and then to hit any key.)

The first time I ran it, it did not work. The second time, I turned my phone off and on again before trying anything, and bingo: I had root!

Some of the Japanese threads were saying something about the problem with superoneclick was that the is04 took too long to mount and so there was an error. At least, I think that's what it said. My Japanese is okay, but not always good enough for this type of stuff.

I hope this can help someone else.

Dissolution

Nov 15, 2011
Thank you so much for this response!

I have the same phone, and I've been wanting to root it for a long time. There were so many pre-installed applications that are just hogging room, especially since I can't read Japanese well enough (yet).
-T

samkk75

Nov 15, 2011
Izumo
I hope it works for you too!

I spent probably the equivalent of 2-3 days searching over the last few weeks, but couldn't find anything that I was comfortable with trying.

This morning, I finally got the nerve up to try superoneclick and was really disappointed when it wouldn't work. Then I started trying all kinds of methods, and about 8 hours later finally came across the method that worked!

It's probably the only thing frustrating sometimes about having a Japanese phone: lack of English support!

Now I'm just hoping I don't break it! I'm backing up all the apps with Titanium backup before I start deleting them one by one. I would hate to delete something that is crucial to the system and not be able to restore it. I'm also looking into other ways to backup the system.

One word of warning. Your au one market will not work unless you do one more step. It's mentioned in English in the readme file. I didn't bother because I never download from it anyway. (Although, I probably should just so I'll keep getting updates on some of the J apps that I do have.)

Dissolution

Nov 15, 2011
The File

I'm not sure if this is against the forum rules, but I have a copy of the zip file (well, a zipped up copy of the folder) from my computer. If you pm me, and I can send you it.
-T

manh230682

Jun 11, 2008
link die;
anyone help me another link for that file & help me root this device step by step?
Thanks

IS04

Apr 14, 2011
Latest rootkit for FFK300

Here is the latest rootkit,

IS04 root toolkit ver 4.0.1

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Ne/so/131631
DL key ; is04

And other informations;
- Custom kernel(overclock, compcache, +others)
http://marijuana.ddo.jp/is01/index.php?moddir=downloads&action=visit&cid=9&lid=47
- Custom kernel(CWM on ramdisk, ported from Xperia, modUI)
http://www.mediafire.com/?jkz5nek59y3hpaf (reported kernel unstable)

# FFK301 stock ROM update - (rootkit does not work, still can be rooted.)
http://spf.fmworld.net/sw_update/kddi/is04/update/
- scroll to bottom and click on blue rectangle.

# kernel source code
http://spf.fmworld.net/oss/is04f/index.html
- some files are missing, extract them from T-01C(DoCoMo).
http://www.fmworld.net/product/phone/sp/android/develop/t-01c_froyo_oss/

marvz88

Sep 26, 2012
help! rooting regza inquiry.. :(

[/COLOR]

Okay... it looks like I cannot post external links... until I post 8 times, which I don't really predict doing... so I'm going to try just removing the http at the beginning and see if it will go.

Superoneclick v2.2 does NOT work with this phone. It gets through "Rooting device... Step #7" but cannot remount.
Unrevoked does not work.

I downloaded the zip file and extracted it. I clicked on adb.exe first and then clicked on the auto_rootkit_is04 batch file. I just hit enter after each step. (It's in Japanese, but all it says is each step it is doing and then to hit any key.)

The first time I ran it, it did not work. The second time, I turned my phone off and on again before trying anything, and bingo: I had root!

Some of the Japanese threads were saying something about the problem with superoneclick was that the is04 took too long to mount and so there was an error. At least, I think that's what it said. My Japanese is okay, but not always good enough for this type of stuff.

hi!

I am a newbie here and like you all, I would also like to root my regza phone. Can someone give a working auto_rootkit because the link above is not working. I have searched it as well on the net but still all will lead me to dead hotfile link. Or someone could send me the file instead to my yahoo mail marvi_dar@yahoo.com tnx in advance

And also i have downloaded this rootkit instead from IS04 and downloaded. After dowloading, I click the adb file and it appears a command screen with commands running so fast. Next i did click the root file and there appeared a command screen with all sorts of command running so fast. My question is, i did not received any confirmation that the rooting process was succesfull. And also i have read to other forums that one thing you will notice that rooting was successfull is that 'superuser" will be automatically installed.

Please help me on this one. To be honest I started exploring this process since i have this phone and there are apps that i wanted to uninstall not unless i root the phone.

Thank you in advance :)

marvz,

Last edited:

luis_inagaki

Feb 9, 2012
Question to get root on phone regza

Unrevoked does not work.

Hi

I have this phone too. And I try to get root, you can send for me the link of you downloaded and explain for me how you made it.

Other question, I can use this phone to call in brasil?

Thank you.

:good:

Skanob

Feb 19, 2011
Perth
My phone just had this phone and I'm trying to update it before rooting. It came with 2.1-update 1 OS version and I'm trying to update the phone to it's latest official 2.2.2.

I've downloaded the necessary 256mb file update but it didn't work. Even tried using the recovery but is still not working.

Based on my research about this phone, There's no way to update without the phone downloading the app from the official website, using the SIM and au logins.

We've lost the sim (UIM) card that came with the phone. So I guess its stuck on its current OS. I'm having trouble installing apks (Gingerbreak and even normal apps) as it always gives me the error "parsing error" or something.

Is there anyone could help?

EDIT:
I have successfully updated the phone from Android 2.1-update1 to Android 2.2.2.

Download all the necessary files here:
http://www.fmworld.net/product/phone/is04/

I have used the method of updating from the least upgrade and up to the latest. I have managed to download 3 separate files for the upgrade, namely:

IS04_RC2_RC3RE_DL.zip
IS04_RC_4.zip
IS04_TO_SP_FYRC_4.zip <- froyo update

I have extracted all the files on the sd card. make sure that the ".enc" file is found on the root of the SD Card and on the "prg" folder.

I have updated it using the recovery mode (power + volume up + camera button).

I am now currently trying to Root the device using Gingerbreak and seems that it's taking too long to root.

Also. I have able to root the 2.1-update OS using z4root.

Last edited:

shankar lal jat

Nov 29, 2012
help me

hi.. i didn't my phone plz send me ...................................................auto_rootkit_is04_v0.5+suhax

thnxx.. in advance..

IS04

Apr 14, 2011
root_toolkit_is04_v4.3.zip
www1[dot]axfc[dot]net

/uploader/Ne/so/135399

Password is "is04".

suhax
www[dot]4shared[dot]com

/zip/pHLT8kqe/suhax.html

Sent from my IS04 using xda premium

kazmatrix

Dec 25, 2012
Saitama
www.kazmatrix.com
more detail please

Thx so much for your posts.
I am so glad to finally find someone with the same phone, the same problem and intentions :)

I do, however, need more info:
Did you extract the files into any particular folder? You obviously hooked up in de-bug mode, but did you command prompt anything?
I tried your steps but get nothing to 'hit enter' on. I have also tried the other (different version) toolkit.

You can IM me or email or post or come around and root my phone yourself - I will sell you my car, house, wife...
... as you can tell I am a little frustrated ...

lets just IM/email for now :)

Thx in advance,
Kaz

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

I rooted mine with http:!!unlockroot*com/

Didn't get to try it - was too tied down with all the additional ^%$&#$ I had to download to get to it.

Last edited:

Taty3001

Jan 8, 2013
help

as everyone can see that link isnt working anymore,so im here asking someone whos still have it to upload :fingers-crossed: again....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unrevoked does not work.

Latest rootkit for FFK300

Here is the latest rootkit,

IS04 root toolkit ver 4.0.1

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Ne/so/131631
    DL key ; is04

And other informations;
    - Custom kernel(overclock, compcache, +others)
    http://marijuana.ddo.jp/is01/index.php?moddir=downloads&action=visit&cid=9&lid=47
    - Custom kernel(CWM on ramdisk, ported from Xperia, modUI)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jkz5nek59y3hpaf (reported kernel unstable)

# FFK301 stock ROM update - (rootkit does not work, still can be rooted.)
    http://spf.fmworld.net/sw_update/kddi/is04/update/
    - scroll to bottom and click on blue rectangle.

# kernel source code
    http://spf.fmworld.net/oss/is04f/index.html
    - some files are missing, extract them from T-01C(DoCoMo).
    http://www.fmworld.net/product/phone/sp/android/develop/t-01c_froyo_oss/
    I'm a complete noob and I've searched the forums and can't find an answer to my questions. (I'm sure there's some answer in Japanese on a Japanese forum somewhere, but my Japanese is not up to that level.)

I have a Toshiba Regza IS04 from AU (in Japan).
    Running Android 2.2.2
    Baseband Version 5014.1907.39
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-rel ftml-android@ftml #1
    Build Number FFK300

I have been researching rooting on and off for months since I first got the phone and have decided I would like to root it. My reasons for rooting:
    1. I want to get rid of all the apps that were pre-installed that I don't use.
    2. I would like to have the latest version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. (I doubt that another authorized upgrade from au is ever going to happen, since the 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade.)

It seems from reading forums that there are special builds of an OS depending on the phone?

My questions:
    1. What is the best way to backup my phone before rooting?
    2. What would be the best rooting method for my phone (SuperOneClick?)?
    3. How can I (or even can I) upgrade my Android to 4.0?

Thanks for any help!!
    Sam
    The post above dissolution said they had one, but good luck getting a reply. I'm emailed twice and nothing.

私はローボーボブ。 Haro!!
    help! rooting regza inquiry.. :(

[/COLOR]

Unrevoked does not work.

hi!

I am a newbie here and like you all, I would also like to root my regza phone. Can someone give a working auto_rootkit because the link above is not working. I have searched it as well on the net but still all will lead me to dead hotfile link. Or someone could send me the file instead to my yahoo mail marvi_dar@yahoo.com tnx in advance

And also i have downloaded this rootkit instead from IS04 and downloaded. After dowloading, I click the adb file and it appears a command screen with commands running so fast. Next i did click the root file and there appeared a command screen with all sorts of command running so fast. My question is, i did not received any confirmation that the rooting process was succesfull. And also i have read to other forums that one thing you will notice that rooting was successfull is that 'superuser" will be automatically installed.

Please help me on this one. To be honest I started exploring this process since i have this phone and there are apps that i wanted to uninstall not unless i root the phone.

Thank you in advance :)

marvz,