【ROM】HTC Doubleshot ICS Bliss Sense3.6 v2 26.9

Search This thread

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Actually, I'm back to using this ROM for now. Though I love Miktouch 0.7 for the stability and the "everything works", I really found I like the look and feel of this ROM a lot. And I get excellent battery life, much like the Miktouch. The only issue I have with this ROM now is the Gallery FC'ing on me, but I can live with that for now. I use QuickPic in the meantime.

Reactions: strapped365

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Actually, I'm back to using this ROM for now. Though I love Miktouch 0.7 for the stability and the "everything works", I really found I like the look and feel of this ROM a lot. And I get excellent battery life, much like the Miktouch. The only issue I have with this ROM now is the Gallery FC'ing on me, but I can live with that for now. I use QuickPic in the meantime.

See work arounds are worth it :what:

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
See work arounds are worth it :what:

Yeah, not a perfect work around, since only the Gallery is linked directly to the camera app, but QuickPic does a great job. This ROM seems to be just perfect for the Doubleshot. The Beats Audio works beautifully, sound is amazing, and the Sense 3.6 seems to be a great middle-ground. I don't think the Doubleshot is really up to the task of the Sense 4.x UI, and plain ICS is just too bleak for my taste.

npiper05

Aug 26, 2011
Detroit
Which One

Yeah, not a perfect work around, since only the Gallery is linked directly to the camera app, but QuickPic does a great job. This ROM seems to be just perfect for the Doubleshot. The Beats Audio works beautifully, sound is amazing, and the Sense 3.6 seems to be a great middle-ground. I don't think the Doubleshot is really up to the task of the Sense 4.x UI, and plain ICS is just too bleak for my taste.

Which of the two are you using? I tried one, but had a few FC's in the gallery
Iike you and couldn't get SwiftKey to launch. Using MIUi, but I am also a huge sense fan.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Which of the two are you using? I tried one, but had a few FC's in the gallery
Iike you and couldn't get SwiftKey to launch. Using MIUi, but I am also a huge sense fan.
I'm using the newer release that is based on the Sensation XE 3.33 code. While I do love the look/feel of the ROMS that are using Sense 4.x, I ran into too many issues with them. While Sense 3.6 isn't as feature-rich, it is still a nice step up from Espresso Sense 3.0 and with the underpinnings of ICS, this is a really sweet ROM. You can find a mirror of the ROM here: https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/UpbZtQNUEeK9VRICOASQIQ/doubleshot_signed_092012_124306Bliss3-6.zip

Oh, and not sure if your Swiftkey issue was the same, but I had an issue running the new Swype 1.3 beta on this ROM. The install went fine, but when trying to use it, I could not "swype", it would only work as a standard keyboard (tapping each key individually). I uninstalled, reinstalled several times, no change. But, I installed it again and then rebooted the phone. Then Swype worked as it should, no issues. BTW, the new Swype 1.3 beta is awesome. I even installed it over the built-in Swype on the Miktouch ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: npiper05

npiper05

Aug 26, 2011
Detroit
Thanks

I'm using the newer release that is based on the Sensation XE 3.33 code. While I do love the look/feel of the ROMS that are using Sense 4.x, I ran into too many issues with them. While Sense 3.6 isn't as feature-rich, it is still a nice step up from Espresso Sense 3.0 and with the underpinnings of ICS, this is a really sweet ROM. You can find a mirror of the ROM here: https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/UpbZtQNUEeK9VRICOASQIQ/doubleshot_signed_092012_124306Bliss3-6.zip

Oh, and not sure if your Swiftkey issue was the same, but I had an issue running the new Swype 1.3 beta on this ROM. The install went fine, but when trying to use it, I could not "swype", it would only work as a standard keyboard (tapping each key individually). I uninstalled, reinstalled several times, no change. But, I installed it again and then rebooted the phone. Then Swype worked as it should, no issues. BTW, the new Swype 1.3 beta is awesome. I even installed it over the built-in Swype on the Miktouch ROM.

I had the same issue with Swype and a reboot also fixed. I'm using the one dated 9.26. Any idea of what the differences are? I'd prefer to use the more stable of the two, so let me know. I thought you said you were using the none based on 3.33, so I thought I got the right one, but your link is for a different version. Thanks.

Nick

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
I had the same issue with Swype and a reboot also fixed. I'm using the one dated 9.26. Any idea of what the differences are? I'd prefer to use the more stable of the two, so let me know. I thought you said you were using the none based on 3.33, so I thought I got the right one, but your link is for a different version. Thanks.

Nick
The link I gave is just a mirror of sun_dream's 3.33 with Bliss Sense 3.6 since sun_dream's site is sometimes difficult to download from. I'm using the brand new Swype 1.3 beta, which so far is very stable. I love the new features and it is very accurate and smooth.

Reactions: npiper05

npiper05

Aug 26, 2011
Detroit
The link I gave is just a mirror of sun_dream's 3.33 with Bliss Sense 3.6 since sun_dream's site is sometimes difficult to download from. I'm using the brand new Swype 1.3 beta, which so far is very stable. I love the new features and it is very accurate and smooth.

Awesome. I was able to get it off his site. Thanks for your help. Agree with you on Swype. I haven't used outer in awhile but am loving this beta. Might like it better than swift key. I'm going to run this Rom for a few days and see how it goes. Hoping battery life is solid. Will report back soon.

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Awesome. I was able to get it off his site. Thanks for your help. Agree with you on Swype. I haven't used outer in awhile but am loving this beta. Might like it better than swift key. I'm going to run this Rom for a few days and see how it goes. Hoping battery life is solid. Will report back soon.
I get excellent battery life on this rom. I have SetCPU putting it on 1512max/192min with Interactive governor and noop scheduler. With my normal use of some phone calls, listening to music while I walk for about an hour, taking a couple of pics, a little bit of web activity, checking weather, etc. I'm getting 30+ hours with a 1900mAh battery I bought in a shop in Shanghai. I get about the same on the Miktouch ROM using the standard kernel (which is clocked slower).

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
My latest battery stats on this ROM. SetCPU at 1512max/192min, Interactive, noop. Using 1900mAh generic battery bought in shop in Shanghai.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 199

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
New observation. I realized from looking at the build numbers that my awesome battery life was when using the version of this rom based on the 3.32 release of the XE base, not the newer 3.33 release. So, I downloaded and installed the newer ROM. This newer version is not as fluid, it has quite a bit of noticeable lag, though the animations are cute. The battery life is also much less. I only got about 13 hours out of it today, plus it has twice done the "black screen of death", where the phone just won't wake up, have to pull the battery. So, I'm going back to my nandroid of the 3.32 build. That was amazingly stable and no lag. Newer isn't always better, in this case.

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
I played around a little with this ROM again last night. I experimented and flashed Tbalden's fix4 from Virtuous Inquisition (Trackpad Wake fix) and it worked and I didn't notice it break any other funtionality so apparently trackpad wake with this ROM is entirely possible.

Also, back on Inquisition, Tbalden said that if sys/class/leds had caps and func that he thought it was possible to get alt and funtion lights working...well caps and function were there and he did get it working. I looked in sys/class/leds last night and caps and func are there for this ROM too. Does that mean someone that knows what they are doing can get that fix for this ROM as well? As a test, I navigated to sys/class/leds/func/brightness and changed brightness from 0 to 255 and it did turn on the func light so it seems like it would be possible for a dev. I know that seems like such a minor thing but it's just one of those things makes it feel like the ROM really belongs on this phone and not just another great looking pair a shoes that fit on another guy but are a tight fit for me.

Anyway, it's a new day so back to MikTouch, my fully functional DD...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

To Fuzi0719:

I also experienced gallery force closing when trying to view a photo last night. Like you, I was sure I had been in gallery before without a problem. I think it MAY have started force closing after I used the home+Power screenshot option but I never reloaded a fresh ROM after that to test the theory.

Last edited:

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
I played around a little with this ROM again last night. I experimented and flashed Tbalden's fix4 from Virtuous Inquisition (Trackpad Wake fix) and it worked and I didn't notice it break any other funtionality so apparently trackpad wake with this ROM is entirely possible.

Also, back on Inquisition, Tbalden said that if sys/class/leds had caps and func that he thought it was possible to get alt and funtion lights working...well caps and function were there and he did get it working. I looked in sys/class/leds last night and caps and func are there for this ROM too. Does that mean someone that knows what they are doing can get that fix for this ROM as well? As a test, I navigated to sys/class/leds/func/brightness and changed brightness from 0 to 255 and it did turn on the func light so it seems like it would be possible for a dev. I know that seems like such a minor thing but it's just one of those things makes it feel like the ROM really belongs on this phone and not just another great looking pair a shoes that fit on another guy but are a tight fit for me.

Anyway, it's a new day so back to MikTouch, my fully functional DD...

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

To Fuzi0719:

I also experienced gallery force closing when trying to view a photo last night. Like you, I was sure I had been in gallery before without a problem. I think it MAY have started force closing after I used the home+Power screenshot option but I never reloaded a fresh ROM after that to test the theory.

I've become accustomed to using the Genius button to wake up the phone when on this ROM. I might flash the Trackpad wake, though. I keep my Miktouch nandroid handy, just in case, and I'm debating reloading it or keeping with this one for a while longer. On the 3.32 codebase version of this ROM, I almost have perfection.

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
I've become accustomed to using the Genius button to wake up the phone when on this ROM. I might flash the Trackpad wake, though. I keep my Miktouch nandroid handy, just in case, and I'm debating reloading it or keeping with this one for a while longer. On the 3.32 codebase version of this ROM, I almost have perfection.

I hadn't notice that the Genius Button woke the phone but I probably missed that. Was it there by default or a change you made?

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
It does that by default. Surprised me too!

Nick

Yeah I just loaded it back up (the newest version of Bliss since I don't have the older one Fuzi was talking about and it takes too long to download anything at work) and it not only wakes but sleeps as well! Would prefer it was centered on the trackpad but I still have respect for the dev that he has that feature in here.

So I just did a brand new install and I don't seem to be able to mount as storage...no on screen prompts come up or anything when I plug in USB. Is that known an/or is there a work-around?

Also, after a fresh install, Gallary is force closing (when viewing a picture) right out of the box so that eliminates anything I may have done previoiusly or that theory I had about it force closing after using the Home+Power screenshot function.

Last edited:

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Yeah I just loaded it back up (the newest version of Bliss since I don't have the older one Fuzi was talking about and it takes too long to download anything at work) and it not only wakes but sleeps as well! Would prefer it was centered on the trackpad but I still have respect for the dev that he has that feature in here.

So I just did a brand new install and I don't seem to be able to mount as storage...no on screen prompts come up or anything when I plug in USB. Is that known an/or is there a work-around?

Also, after a fresh install, Gallary is force closing (when viewing a picture) right out of the box so that eliminates anything I may have done previoiusly or that theory I had about it force closing after using the Home+Power screenshot function.
The dev makes use of an app instead of the built in mounting. Look in your apps, you'll see it, you can configure it to auto mount when connected. One advantage of that app is that you can simultaneously access the SD card via your computer and the phone.

I really hate that the Gallery FCs. I can use QuickPic but it is not as fluid and integrated with the Camera. Of the two versions of this ROM, I do prefer the older one (based on the Sensation XE 3.32 code).

BTW, I've now gone back to Miktouch.

Reactions: siani_8

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
can someone repost the camera low light fix? the link in OP is dead, thank you!
It isn't a patch, that's the later version of this ROM, based on the Sensation XE 3.33 code. The dev added the low-light camera function. However, from my observation, that newer ROM is not as smooth or battery-friendly as the earlier one based on the Sensation XE 3.32 code. I think the animations added into the newer one have a negative impact.

Oh, and the link isn't dead, at least not for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based:

Lib&Framework from HTC Sensation XE 3.33.401.106

Res Animation effects

HTC Camera low light fix

Sense style from HTC Bliss

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=65918&uk=469791555

================================================================================

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=63281&uk=469791555

Based MyROM from 2012-5-5(htc sensation xe 3.32)

Sense3.6 from HTC Bliss

Drive library and frame and I May 5th release ROM the same. optimize the ram state

Screenshot_2012-09-14-16-21-50.jpg

Screenshot_2012-09-14-12-07-35.jpg
    Just for clarification, this is essentially the same base ROM as MikXE, just with the Bliss Sense 3.6 instead of the Sensation XE Sense 3.6, correct?

No, not exactly. But it is Based Sensation XE 3.32
    App local update and adjust res
    Recently I will update the 3.32 to 3.33
    For some reason Gallery is now FC'ing on me. I had used Gallery to view pics many times with no problem, but this morning it began FC'ing when opening any pic. I tried fixing permissions, no luck.

Otherwise, everything else works great on this ROM, amazing battery life. I'm now at 22h34m with 36% battery left.

i had this problem as well, and solved it in this way
    1. download MikXE ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1781279,WHY? because they use same version of android and sense
    2. open it in winrar, find HTCAlbum.apk in /system/apps/, extract it to your adb folder(if you dont know what adb is, search relative threads in xda ). .
    3.use 'root browser' on your phone, navigate to /system/app/,find HTCAlbum.apk make a backup then uninstall it.
    4.connect your phone to PC(make sure you have driver and check usb debug mode), run adb
    5.boot your phone to recovery, go to mounts and storage, mount /system
    6.in adb, push HTCAlbum.abk /system/app/ (google it if you dont know how to)
    7.reboot, then you will see android updates it self after boot up.

this worked for me and running super well.the reason that album crashes i guess is due to our kernel, you also can try flash other kernels see if it works. wish it works for you and happy flashing!:laugh:
    You should really flash the boot.img file last in case it's a ROM that removes it first thing. Many of them do.
    Is the quick launch widget tied into Bliss Rosie? Or was there other maybe framework files missing to run that widget?