FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 652
 
By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th October 2012, 10:08 AM |#101  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652
 
More
I have some good news, and some bad news. The developer fixed the insufficient storage issue with OS integration, which is great. The bad news is, it won't work with paid apps due to the way Android handles them.

I don't know if this works, but if you have issues with Android killing Lux on Android 4.1+ and don't want the persistent notification, long press the notification and click the 'App Info' button. There should be a checkbox to disable notifications. I think that still retains the persistence. Would love to hear feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
 
 
24th October 2012, 10:18 AM |#102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Lux doesn't work properly on Galaxy S2 (I9100P)
Lux behaves rather strangely on my phone. Subzero values work correctly, however, anything above 0 has no effect on my phone at all. Is it a known issue?

The only alternative that I see is setting the brightness of the phone to be maximum and controlling the actual brightness using only subzero values. Is it a valid plan? I wouldn't want to have the battery draining as if I am always on maximum brightness...

Model: GT-I9100
Android: 4.1.2
AOKP version: RootBox-JB-i9100p-V2.9
24th October 2012, 10:26 AM |#103  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652
 
More
Are you using any apps which adjust brightness, or have an on screen overlay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalyb

Lux behaves rather strangely on my phone. Subzero values work correctly, however, anything above 0 has no effect on my phone at all. Is it a known issue?

The only alternative that I see is setting the brightness of the phone to be maximum and controlling the actual brightness using only subzero values. Is it a valid plan? I wouldn't want to have the battery draining as if I am always on maximum brightness...

Model: GT-I9100
Android: 4.1.2
AOKP version: RootBox-JB-i9100p-V2.9

24th October 2012, 01:13 PM |#104  
n0j0e's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 349
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalyb

Lux behaves rather strangely on my phone. Subzero values work correctly, however, anything above 0 has no effect on my phone at all. Is it a known issue?

The only alternative that I see is setting the brightness of the phone to be maximum and controlling the actual brightness using only subzero values. Is it a valid plan? I wouldn't want to have the battery draining as if I am always on maximum brightness...

Model: GT-I9100
Android: 4.1.2
AOKP version: RootBox-JB-i9100p-V2.9

Also here on my HTC One S Stock Rom (v2.31, Android 4.0.4, Sense 4.1, no root, no other brightness apps are running).

Must i disable the system auto brightness?

I know that all brightness apps doesn't work correctly on my HTC.
24th October 2012, 02:11 PM |#105  
lordgoata's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

I don't know if this works, but if you have issues with Android killing Lux on Android 4.1+ and don't want the persistent notification, long press the notification and click the 'App Info' button. There should be a checkbox to disable notifications. I think that still retains the persistence. Would love to hear feedback.

That was the first thing I did when I upgraded to Jelly Bean, and I have not had any issues with this or any other app that I have disabled the notification icons for (eg. Tasker), so yes that should work fine.
25th October 2012, 09:27 AM |#106  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
This app uses so much battery. Installed it if i can get some more juice by loeering the brightness, but the process itself uses much more power.

Sent from my GT-N7000
25th October 2012, 09:39 AM |#107  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafaakk

This app uses so much battery. Installed it if i can get some more juice by loeering the brightness, but the process itself uses much more power.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Samsung devices seem to attribute a lot of power usage to Lux. I don't know why exactly, but it seems to be the fact that the light sensor is on all the time in some modes. Personally I recommend using On Wake mode for optimal battery consumption, but I'm skeptical that Lux uses as much as the stats claim.
25th October 2012, 09:42 AM |#108  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0j0e

Also here on my HTC One S Stock Rom (v2.31, Android 4.0.4, Sense 4.1, no root, no other brightness apps are running).

Must i disable the system auto brightness?

I know that all brightness apps doesn't work correctly on my HTC.

I can't fix ROM issues.
25th October 2012, 06:54 PM |#109  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652
 
More
I think I just worked out why some people are having issues with unreliable lux readings in v0.7x versions of Lux. Anyone having issues (One X users seem to be the main bunch), please contact me so I can give you a test build. Thanks!
25th October 2012, 06:59 PM |#110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

I think I just worked out why some people are having issues with unreliable lux readings in v0.7x versions of Lux. Anyone having issues (One X users seem to be the main bunch), please contact me so I can give you a test build. Thanks!

Beta tester here, ready to start testing engines...

I'm using a HTC Sensation, but keep having trouble with the light sensor (despite your recent efforts to resolve the problems)...
25th October 2012, 07:01 PM |#111  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 652
 
More
New build coming right up!

I hate the way sensors work on Android, it's completely backwards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes