Power/lock button not working!

Search This thread

neil.richard

Jul 28, 2011
Lyon
Hey guys as the topic says my lock button ain't responding!..
All was fine until today my phone suddenly hanged and I took off my battery to restart the phone but tit turned on on its own without pressing the power button !..and now when I try to lock the device or turn it off it ain't working!::confused:
I am thinking is it the ROM issue (I'm using official cm7) or hardware issue(key is broken)...
Please help!:(

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

gabyif

Jul 23, 2012
Bucharest
Go with it at a service...oh but if the power button don't work you can't go to download mode...but try with an app from market maybe it will work.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda app-developers app

neil.richard

Jul 28, 2011
Lyon
A Guy in my neighborhood runs a repair shop and I took my fit to him!..he said that its not a hardware fault but indeed it's a software defect!..He said that in such a case mostly 80% it is a software defect! ..
So I was planning to flash a stock ROM can anyone provide me with the link of latest Indian Firmware for Galaxy Fit?..(along with a small procedure,if possible) ...
Thanx guys!..

Galaxy_Rohit

Sep 25, 2012
Electrifying
It's not an Official CM7 prob. But, since, it seems nothing except repairing ur phone... you should give it a try. Try to flash both stock firmwares one by one, and see whether it's back to normal.It doesn't matter which one u flash first. Flash either four pkg firmware or one pkg.(depends on U).:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent Via XDA™ Premium

Reactions: neil.richard

neil.richard

Jul 28, 2011
Lyon
It's not an Official CM7 prob. But, since, it seems nothing except repairing ur phone... you should give it a try. Try to flash both stock firmwares one by one, and see whether it's back to normal.It doesn't matter which one u flash first. Flash either four pkg firmware or one pkg.(depends on U).:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent Via XDA™ Premium

ya……i also feel the same!..will try asap!

aniledgeriderz

Jun 3, 2013
same problem.....

hey bro i am facing same power button problem....is there any solution for it that we can do manually......???????????????????????????????/:rolleyes:

plz plz reply me as soon as possible.......thnk u so much

Last edited:

yzak58

Oct 2, 2011
Trivandrum
Might not be the ROMs fault as I have been using official CM for more than an year

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Power button issue

Hey admin I have this strange issue with my fit !
Whenever I charge my phone with a different charger of the same specs or if i overcharge my phone the power button responds like its a touchscreen button or so !
I do not need to press the button !
Even if I roll a finger over it it would lock or unlock n may switch off or reboot at random !
Plz solve this thing !

Note: already tryd numerous ROMs !
currently on MII v4 !

mfmuam

Jan 13, 2014
Earth
Hey i facing the same problem here.
my power button has been broken for a year.
But when i go to service centre, they said they must change all of sparepart. because the thing that broke is the main machine.

I dont know they're trying to trick me or not :(

Dec 1, 2013
Roorkee
i had same problem earlier but not now..

There was a time when my Galaxy fit device started acting weirdly like trunng off automatically, frequent hangs, etc. But i was okay with all those things till my power off button suddenly stopped working at all. Although i still was able to go to safe mode and recovery mode but it wasn't working during normal operations. Till than i was usuing the old FORYO 2.2 version of android. I thought maybe upgrading to Gingerbread can solve the problem. So i tried upgrading my device through Samsung kies. Unfortunately due to slow internet or some other issue i wasn't able to upgrade my device.

Than i finally upgraded my device manually through Odin. All my hopes were dashed when i noticed that my power off button was still not working. Than i flashed various roms like Jana Rom and finally i'm using stock rom.

After using this rom for about 1.5 years one day i suddenly noticed that my power off button started working miraculously. One of my friend who also use Galaxy fit had same problem but his power off problem was automatically fixed quite earlier than me. So i guess it would be best if you wait long enough and hope that the power off button would one day started working again.

Reactions: sooorajjj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4398224
    Should I go for 4 files firmware or .tar?

Download stock ROM from here:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/

In Search write s5670 and you now have ROMs for download.

After download ROM.zip, extract it.

You now have MD5 File. Flash this 4 MD5 File with ODIN.

This is an example:

Sent Via XDA™ Premium
    i had same problem earlier but not now..

There was a time when my Galaxy fit device started acting weirdly like trunng off automatically, frequent hangs, etc. But i was okay with all those things till my power off button suddenly stopped working at all. Although i still was able to go to safe mode and recovery mode but it wasn't working during normal operations. Till than i was usuing the old FORYO 2.2 version of android. I thought maybe upgrading to Gingerbread can solve the problem. So i tried upgrading my device through Samsung kies. Unfortunately due to slow internet or some other issue i wasn't able to upgrade my device.

Than i finally upgraded my device manually through Odin. All my hopes were dashed when i noticed that my power off button was still not working. Than i flashed various roms like Jana Rom and finally i'm using stock rom.

After using this rom for about 1.5 years one day i suddenly noticed that my power off button started working miraculously. One of my friend who also use Galaxy fit had same problem but his power off problem was automatically fixed quite earlier than me. So i guess it would be best if you wait long enough and hope that the power off button would one day started working again.