Anyone else having an issue using market?

Search This thread

ekeefe41

Jan 31, 2009
JF 1.43 adp 1.1_h

I can't seem to instal apps, just gets stuck on "starting download". I have tried doing it from wifi and g3/edge.

inpherno3

Mar 22, 2008
reboot fixes it... like everyone says. Should probably figure out the root cause (no pun intended) of why its doing that. But a reboot fixes it as i had this issue for 2 days straight, than rebooted and everything worked fine.

dicer42

Jan 31, 2009
Reboot did not fix it for me, but Disconnect on IRC gave a good hint:

- Reboot into recovery console (home+power and then Alt+x)
- mount /data
- Delete all dex files in /data/dalvik-cache
- Reboot and the issue should be fixed

The last reboot takes quite a while because it needs to recreate some of the dex files.

Do NOT try this with the phone powered up in standard mode!! You will lose space because of a bug in the filesystem module. ONLY do this in the recovery console!

oDeACoNo

Jan 2, 2009
Orlando
orlandosfastest.com
Reboot did not fix it for me, but Disconnect on IRC gave a good hint:

- Reboot into recovery console (home+power and then Alt+x)
- mount /data
- Delete all dex files in /data/dalvik-cache
- Reboot and the issue should be fixed

The last reboot takes quite a while because it needs to recreate some of the dex files.

Do NOT try this with the phone powered up in standard mode!! You will lose space because of a bug in the filesystem module. ONLY do this in the recovery console!

I tried this from the recovery console and now after the initial reboot the market completely crashes when opening it.

I do have my /data/app, /data/app-private, and /data/data all moved over to my SDCard not sure if that could be causing the issue.

dicer42

Jan 31, 2009
Hmm. Haven't tested this with anything moved, but it shouldn't crash. If you deleted just the dex files, then they should be recreated automatically.

Btw: I tested this on JFv1.43_Holiday after upgrading (without wiping) through all ADP versions starting with JF1.41. Certainly helped me and fixed it for good.

May I suggest you ask Disconnect on freenode #android? He told me about this.