FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[MODS] [MA7] Cam Shutter Sound (feature.xml), Hidden Menu, Call Rec, PRLs, and more

721 posts
Thanks Meter: 364

By a454nova, Inactive Recognized Developer on 28th October 2012, 08:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2013 - FOR MA7

Mods found in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml")
Edit on a PC or you may have issues. Use a (root) file manager to move it only.

As always, make a back up first...

1. Camera Shutter Sound Menu
Download Zip Here (LJC) for those that would like to just flash it.
Download Zip Here (MA7) for those that would like to just flash it.
(this is only the Camera Shutter Sound)

First- Edit the build.prop (located in "/system/build.prop")

# Camera sound play enforced for SPR
ro.camera.sound.forced=1

To:
ro.camera.sound.forced=0

Second- Change the feature.xml

<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

To:
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

[COLOR="Navy"]
Reboot and enjoy the ability to turn off and on the shutter sound.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others you can change that I played with in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml"). There's a lot more, I'll add to this list some more or if someone posts one below.

2. Reject option in contacts

<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>tru e</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

To:
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>fal se</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Reminder notification option in messaging app

<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>false</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

To:
<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

4. Taking a picture while on a call

<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>false</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

To:
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

5. joshbeach posted more below you can check out or
Download the Zip HERE (LJC) or Download the Zip HERE (MA7) to flash it all.

(this will also give you the Camera Shutter Sound Menu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbeach

Theres a few more in features... I added all thes already in my ROM... But there are a few more...

such as joining contacts, ect. attached is my feature.xml if you want to use some of it.

just compare to what you have now.

The Biggest one to me is this: add to contacts section!!! allows u to join more than 5 contacts!

<CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>30</CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs

here's the rest of the ones I changed in my ROMs. Just change the existing lines to this:

6. Call Recording Mod

IF YOU ARE ODEXED... Delete the SecPhone.odex first!! (/system/app/SecPhone.odex)

Here is the Modded SecPhone.apk that will give you the Call Recording Feature. (/system/app/SecPhone.apk)
Note: If you are a person that uses or cares about the swap calls button during a call, this will take it away.

Be sure to wipe the Dalvik Cache...

Mod info was pulled from multiple Roms that had it, but credit goes to PhantomHacker I believe?

Enjoy

Not responsible for any phone. Your on your own.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to a454nova For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a454nova Ad-Free

28th October 2012, 08:25 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Aurora, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a454nova

IOTHiddenMenu Info-
These are the same as the GS3, found here. You'll need you MSL for some things. You can just call Sprint and they will give it to you. Also, they email it to you when you activate your device on their site.

##DEBUG# Menu (code: 777468)
is one I use a lot. The only place you can see the signal strength of your Lte or 3G. The bars at the top are for voice only.

##DATE# Menu
Here you can force LTE only, another I'll play with too.

##MSL# Menu
View - view current phone number/msid set.
Edit - write new phone number/msid

*#0*#
Test LCD, Touch, Pen, and other sensors.

Refer to link above for more...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERY SPRINT PRL - HERE and HERE
(Normal PRL is 55012)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEMING THE NOTE 2? These all seem to work great!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929217
(found by: dwigginstm)

STOCK SPRINT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 TAR LJ1
In case links go bad as they seem to do from time to time.

This should be enough to get you in trouble, I'll get more posted soon.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to a454nova For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a454nova Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 01:22 PM |#3  
Flag D.C. Area
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Nice, thanks. Looking forward to some more tweaks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to enormous For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enormous Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 06:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Mods found in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml")
Edit using a (root) file manager.

1. Camera Shutter Sound Menu

First- Edit the build.prop (located in "/system/build.prop")

ro.camera.sound.forced=1

To:
ro.camera.sound.forced=0

Second- Change the feature.xml

<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

To:

Reboot and enjoy the ability to turn off and on the shutter sound.

Pulled the info from here. Its easy to do.

Others you can change that I played with in the feature.xml (located in "/system/csc/feature.xml"). There's a lot more, I'll add to this list some more or if someone posts one below.

2. Reject option in contacts

<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>tru e</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

To:
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>fal se</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMenuAddToRejectList>

3. Reminder notification option in messaging app

<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>false</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

To:
<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuRemindAlert>

Enjoy

Not responsible for any phone. Your on your own.

I tried this on my rooted Sprint SGN2 and cant get this to work. After editing build.prop and feature.xml, all the secondary keys disappeared on my soft keyboard. Reverting the two files from backup corrects the problem. Did anyone else try this?
The Following User Says Thank You to mranonymous For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mranonymous Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 06:27 PM |#5  
Flag Aurora, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mranonymous

I tried this on my rooted Sprint SGN2 and cant get this to work. After editing build.prop and feature.xml, all the secondary keys disappeared on my soft keyboard. Reverting the two files from backup corrects the problem. Did anyone else try this?

I'm stock, rooted, odexed, J1. Shouldn't have anything to do with your keyboard. What do you call secondary? I'll also upload a .zip for just the Camera Sound in a min too.

28th October 2012, 06:39 PM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Flag Albany, NY
Thanks Meter: 31,789

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Nice Work!
Nice Work.

Theres a few more in features... I added all thes already in my ROM... But there are a few more...

such as joining contacts, ect. attached is my feature.xml if you want to use some of it.

The Biggest one to me is this: add to contacts section!!! allows u to join more than 5 contacts!

<CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>30</CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs

here's the rest of the ones I changed in my ROMs. Just change the existing lines to this:

Camera
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

Messaging
<CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>500</CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsReadRepor t>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsReadReport >
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsDeliveryReports> false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsDeliveryReports>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsDeliveryR eport>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuRequestMmsDeliveryRe port>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPush>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPush>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPushServiceLoadi ng>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuWapPushServiceLoadin g>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuMmsCreationMode>fal se</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuMmsCreationMode>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableLocalSymbolTable>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableLocalSymbolTable>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableReplyAll>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableReplyAll>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableUnifiedMmsRetrieveMenu>t rue</CscFeature_Message_EnableUnifiedMmsRetrieveMenu>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableGroupMessage>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuVideoCallInConvList> true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMenuVideoCallInConvList>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableSmsViewer>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSmsViewer>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableOptionAttachVCalendar>t rue</CscFeature_Message_DisableOptionAttachVCalendar>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableEmailOverSms>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableEmailOverSms>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableSignature>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSignature>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableSaveVMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableSaveVMessage>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableAnonymousThread>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableAnonymousThread>
<CscFeature_Message_EnableMessagePriorityDuringCom posing>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableMessagePriorityDuringComp osing>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuCBChannel>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSMSC>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSMSC>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsInputMode>fals e</CscFeature_Message_DisableMenuSmsInputMode>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableSmscEditable>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableSmscEditable>
<CscFeature_Message_MinRecipientLengthAs>4</CscFeature_Message_MinRecipientLengthAs>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableLandscapeActionbarHide> false</CscFeature_Message_DisableLandscapeActionbarHide>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableDeleteButtonOnActionBar >false</CscFeature_Message_DisableDeleteButtonOnActionBar>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableRegisterToCalendar>fals e</CscFeature_Message_DisableRegisterToCalendar>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableAddRecipientsOption>fal se</CscFeature_Message_DisableAddRecipientsOption>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetween SMSMMS>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenS MSMMS>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableBackgroundStyleWithImag e>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableBackgroundStyleWithImage >
<CscFeature_Message_DisableDisplayNameAndNumberonT itle>false</CscFeature_Message_DisableDisplayNameAndNumberonTi tle>

Contacts
<CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>true</CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableSnsInfoInListView>false </CscFeature_Contact_DisableSnsInfoInListView>
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableAccountIconsInContactLi st>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableAccountIconsInContactLis t>
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration>
<CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>false</CscFeature_Contact_DisableMessageLog>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_TotalCallTime>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>f alse</CscFeature_VoiceCall_RemoveCallButtonInLogsList>

Settings
<CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuFindMyMobile>fals e</CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuFindMyMobile>
<CscFeature_Settings_FindMyMobile>true</CscFeature_Settings_FindMyMobile>

Web
<CscFeature_Web_SetHomepageURL>http://google.com/</CscFeature_Web_SetHomepageURL>
<CscFeature_Web_Str_homeurl>http://google.com/</CscFeature_Web_Str_homeurl>

SIP
<CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>true</CscFeature_Sip_DisableAutoCorrection>
<CscFeature_Sip_AddWordType>Prompt</CscFeature_Sip_AddWordType>

Launcher
<CscFeature_Launcher_TotalPageCount>7</CscFeature_Launcher_TotalPageCount>
<CscFeature_Launcher_DefaultPageNumber>3</CscFeature_Launcher_DefaultPageNumber>
Attached Files
File Type: zip feature.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.0 KB, 174 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoshBeach For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoshBeach Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 07:03 PM |#7  
Flag Aurora, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbeach

Nice Work.

Saves my from digging. LIKE!!
28th October 2012, 07:35 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

I'm stock, rooted, odexed, J1. Shouldn't have anything to do with your keyboard. What do you call secondary? I'll also upload a .zip for just the Camera Sound in a min too.

Here.. before

After...

Here's what I edited.

28th October 2012, 07:44 PM |#9  
Flag Aurora, CO

More
Quote:

Here.. before

PICTURE

After...

PICTURE

Here's what I edited.

PICTURE

Not having issues here like that. I think somethings not saving right maybe. I would try not editing it on the phone or try the .zip I posted.
28th October 2012, 08:11 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Not having issues here like that. I think somethings not saving right maybe. I would try not editing it on the phone or try the .zip I posted.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote:

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Editing on my computer worked. I guess using es file explorers text editor wasnt good.

Thanks!
5th November 2012, 03:37 AM |#11  
Moving to Themes and Apps as this is a modification to apps and not a "mod" in the XDA sense of the word, meaning development work modding ROMs, kernels, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerdog Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)