By sparkym3, Senior Member on 12th June 2012, 06:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2012, 05:49 AM |#821  
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg31

This is the tf201 forum nor tf700...so whats the deal?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Because on the tf700 forum under the "index development" thread it is listed as a root tool with link provided.

28th October 2012, 06:41 AM |#822  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzynco

What does unlock actually unlock and what doesn't it. I'm guessing the unlocked
bootloader won't allow a flash of a custom boot loader (to enable the rest of
the fastboot command set)?

The way I understand it, the Locked bootloader will only allow you to flash Stock ROMs ie. those signed by Asus with whatever limitations Asus allows for up/downgrading and limited to your current SKU . Unlocked gives you complete freedom to flash any ROM including , Recovery and if so desired even change to a different Stock SKU. In that respect it's fairly similar to what you already know about your HTC, except that the latter has the S-on/off state which is separate from lock/unlock. A much more detailed explanation however, should really come from those with more understanding than I.

For all I know, S-on/off is an HTC term and it may well exist under a different Asus definition, but from what I can see it's not possible to do anything (custom) Rom-wise without unlocking as you can with the HTC.
28th October 2012, 04:53 PM |#823  
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiscar

I have to strongly disagree with that because it's patently wrong for one. I easily downgraded to ICS within 10 mins using the instruction in the link I provide in my previous post.

My TF700 is locked and was rooted.

You should be careful about confusing people with this information, please take a moment to look at threads of people who have done it and above all look at the link I posted.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

If he's right then I must be lying when I say I did it with ease! I have done it - please check the link that I provided and follow the instructions. Provided you meet the criteria within that thread you will be successful. IE. you are locked, you are going from STOCK JB down to STOCK ICS .30. You can't downgrade to .26.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I''m going to copy the relevant part here for those that would rather not trawl through the thread:

Thanks to Pretoriano80

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1833212

After completing step 4 I get a died android with red esclamation mark!
What can I do?
28th October 2012, 05:13 PM |#824  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Sry guys, everything i wrote about unlock, going back to JB n stuff was for the tf201 not for the 700...in this case everything i wrote was right. Sry, im a little confused that the devices are mixed up here...probably not the best idea, to prevent even more confusion it would be better when tf700 users are going to discuss in the tf700 threads...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to beckzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beckzz Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 05:24 PM |#825  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckzz

Sry guys, everything i wrote about unlock, going back to JB n stuff was for the tf201 not for the 700...in this case everything i wrote was right. Sry, im a little confused that the devices are mixed up here...probably not the best idea, to prevent even more confusion it would be better when tf700 users are going to discuss in the tf700 threads...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Yeah, unfortunately TF700 owners are here because the thread is relevant to the rooting process for this device. It would help if XDA brought all the Transformer threads into a single heirarchy which then divided into models. That way this particular rooting thread could be moved above the individual models.

Mods?

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittogn

After completing step 4 I get a died android with red esclamation mark!
What can I do?

Firstly I think it would be best to post your question in the original thread as I'm aware that our discussions have been off topic for this thread which is really to do with rooting the Transformers. Secondly, when you do, give a little more information on what you did, which Rom you downloaded and state of your device. I'm sure you'll get guidance more readily that way. However, it appears (from your signature) you have a TF201 and as beckzz has stated there is no known way back to ICS if you are JB.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to louiscar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louiscar Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 05:56 PM |#826  
Quote:

Firstly I think it would be best to post your question in the original thread as I'm aware that our discussions have been off topic for this thread which is really to do with rooting the Transformers. Secondly, when you do, give a little more information on what you did, which Rom you downloaded and state of your device. I'm sure you'll get guidance more readily that way. However, it appears (from your signature) you have a TF201 and as beckzz has stated there is no known way back to ICS if you are JB.

I was quoting a post where it was described how to go from JB to ICS. There it is also stated you can go back to ICS (.28) from JB.
It is indeed quite off topic, it looked to me the only way to get ROOT on JB after a wipe.
28th October 2012, 06:13 PM |#827  

More
Quote:

I was quoting a post where it was described how to go from JB to ICS. There it is also stated you can go back to ICS (.28) from JB.
It is indeed quite off topic, it looked to me the only way to get ROOT on JB after a wipe.

Yes, understood but the thread I think is for TF700 only
28th October 2012, 06:47 PM |#828  
Quote:

Yes, understood but the thread I think is for TF700 only

Confused!!
Aren't we under: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime > Eee Pad Transformer Prime Android Development??
I used this thread for root of my Prime when it was ICS.

OT: I was thinking of getting to TF700 forums, after recent rumors, it looks like I'll search for stuff under Nexus 10!!
28th October 2012, 07:03 PM |#829  

More
Quote:

Confused!!
Aren't we under: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime > Eee Pad Transformer Prime Android Development??
I used this thread for root of my Prime when it was ICS.

OT: I was thinking of getting to TF700 forums, after recent rumors, it looks like I'll search for stuff under Nexus 10!!

Sorry yes, the thread I believe you were following is this one

and that is for TF300 & TF700. For TF201 refer to Beckzz statement on this thread #805 where he clearly states under what circumstances you'd be able to go back to ICS. I think you need to be 1) unlocked & 2) have nvflash installed when you were on ICS.
28th October 2012, 07:55 PM |#830  
Quote:

Sorry yes, the thread I believe you were following is this one

and that is for TF300 & TF700. For TF201 refer to Beckzz statement on this thread #805 where he clearly states under what circumstances you'd be able to go back to ICS. I think you need to be 1) unlocked & 2) have nvflash installed when you were on ICS.

NP!
I used that guide, but it did not work for my Prime (it looks like it is for Infinity only).
29th October 2012, 04:35 AM |#831  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Those who say it works are actually from TF700. Those who can't are using TF201. I am using TF201 JB locked. It definitely doesn't work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)