FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][NAND|EXT3] Code Butter <"Cross Platformed!"> (RC3/Build 20130414)

729 posts
Thanks Meter: 279

By BrianXP7, Senior Member on 28th October 2012, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th October 2012, 08:17 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
I'm reuploading to Microsoft SkyDrive. SugarSync was being a d*ck about their bandwidth. They even sent me this E-Mail about it:
Quote:

Dear SugarSync Customer,

The public link you were sharing (below) violates the SugarSync Terms of Use or exceeds our allowable bandwidth: https://sugarsync.custhelp.com/app/a...etail/a_id/267.

Public link file name: CodeButter-GB-20121028-KOVSKY.zip

Because of this violation, we have disabled the link permanently. In addition, your other public links (including new links you create) will be temporarily disabled for the next 24 hours.

If you re-share this content or any other content similar to this, your SugarSync account may be permanently disabled. For your convenience, a link to the Terms of Use you agreed to is provided here: https://www.sugarsync.com/terms.html. Please refer to the Usage Restrictions section.

If you have questions about this action, please send an email to [email protected]

Sincerely,
SugarSync Customer Care

EDIT: It's uploaded now. Enjoy your butter.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianXP7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BrianXP7 Ad-Free

29th October 2012, 08:27 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
Lightbulb Update: Build 20121029 (October 29, 2012)
Update: Build 20121029 (October 29, 2012)
Download: CodeButter-GB-20121029-KOVSKY.zip
MD5: ee0654db869a9c86974339fd77b3c0b0

Changelog:
Code:
*Changed CPU frequencies to 19 MHz to 528 MHz by default
+Added a kernel boot splash
+Added OI Convert CSV
+Enabled Dalvik Just-In-Time Recompiler (build.prop)
+Added a tweak that may increase boot time and preserve battery life (build.prop)
-Removed non-functioning tweaks (init.d)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrianXP7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BrianXP7 Ad-Free
30th October 2012, 07:55 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks, testing it today.
30th October 2012, 10:46 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Well, you did a pretty nice work.

Could you try to use IceDroid rom as base rom? IceDroid is stabler than Coolrunner's Rom.

I really don't have time to continue working on ZeamDroid, so I'm glad to see people like you working on Kovsky.

Thank you Brian.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Hi again,

I saw in your last build that you've included wifitether. Are you able to let it work on kovsky? I think it is impossible with the currents wifi modules.

On the other hand, I saw that you are using "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast" and I think that this execution mode is not stable on our Xperia. I used just-in-time compiler (dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit) and "dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m".

Also, "windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=90" is too low.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
30th October 2012, 12:52 PM |#15  
Flag tehran
Thanks Meter: 84

More
BTW can we play angry birds with this build ?
30th October 2012, 03:25 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moritd

BTW can we play angry birds with this build ?

I don't think the Kovsky can ever handle the current version of Angry Birds. I also tested Angry Birds Lite Beta but it crashes after the loading screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

Well, you did a pretty nice work.

Could you try to use IceDroid rom as base rom? IceDroid is stabler than Coolrunner's Rom.

I really don't have time to continue working on ZeamDroid, so I'm glad to see people like you working on Kovsky.

Thank you Brian.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Hi again,

I saw in your last build that you've included wifitether. Are you able to let it work on kovsky? I think it is impossible with the currents wifi modules.

On the other hand, I saw that you are using "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast" and I think that this execution mode is not stable on our Xperia. I used just-in-time compiler (dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit) and "dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m".

I'm not sure about WiFi Tethering because my phone doesn't receive any signal for some reason. Maybe I'll remove that. It was only for testing purposes.

I tried "init:jit". I didn't notice any difference but status bar taking up a little while longer to load.

I'm not sure about IceDroid, I'll fool around with it like including CyanogenMod 7.2 settings. It does score a higher benchmark rating than any other ROM so I might consider it as a ROM base.
30th October 2012, 03:34 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
Lightbulb Update: Build 20121030 (October 30, 2012)
Update: Build 20121030 (October 30, 2012)
Download: CodeButter-GB-20121030-KOVSKY.zip
MD5: 2bd1507ef2e1c1a747934e8a5c286708

Changelog:
Code:
*Changed Kernel Boot Splash to something better
+Added some UI text when flashing
+Forced GPU to render UI rather than CPU (build.prop)
+Reduced the maximum number of window manager events to 180 (build.prop)
+Added OI Voice Notes
+Added OI Insert Date
+Added OI Color Picker
-Removed Stock Music App
-Removed WiFi Tether
-Disabled Dalvik Just-In-Time Recompiler (build.prop)
-Disabled unnecessary boot time tweak (build.prop)
30th October 2012, 03:38 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
I can't find a good host that can use direct links and allows high bandwidth. Where should I upload?
-Not Dropbox because it's for my personal use.
-Not SuagrSync because they're *sses about their bandwidth
-SkyDrive but I'm not sure how to direct link files

I'll edit the main post sometime this afternoon.
30th October 2012, 04:07 PM |#19  
Flag Spokane Valley, WA
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7

I can't find a good host that can use direct links and allows high bandwidth. Where should I upload?
-Not Dropbox because it's for my personal use.
-Not SuagrSync because they're *sses about their bandwidth
-SkyDrive but I'm not sure how to direct link files

I'll edit the main post sometime this afternoon.

you could try CX.com... You get 10gb for free.
The Following User Says Thank You to marc12868 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marc12868 Ad-Free
31st October 2012, 03:21 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
Alright the links work now, permanently until I run out of space on Dropbox.

I tried CX but uploading sometimes fail quite often.
31st October 2012, 06:11 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

Hi again,

I did some research and tests with the Dalvik Just In Time recompiler and it actually decreases performance, or just remains unchanged. As the name implies, it compiles in real time. I guess this would benefit only to devices with fast processors (1 GHz+). I noticed boot time increases slightly and Antutu benchmark scores are lower (around 580 to 640). I guess it should be disabled for now.

I tried "windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=180". Should that help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
code butter, htc kovsky, sony ericsson xperia x1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)