[APP][4.0.3-4.1.2] Hax Launcher {1.0.2}

Search This thread

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
Hax Launcher is a new take on the conventional Android launcher.

The Android Launcher game is dull, only a few launchers out there really redefine the way the Android launcher works. We are one of those. Our goal is to provide something fresh, but familiar enough to fully utilize from the moment you pick it up. Hax Launcher is still early in development, and features are being added all the time. Let's highlight a few differences between Hax and other launchers out there.

Instead of having lots of information spread out across multiple screens, we try to provide you with a more focused layout, targeting whatever you want to access the moment you want to access it.

ss1_f.png

Hax Launcher uses a custom system of LivePanels. These are third party applications that provide a simple widget-like behavior in the launcher's Main Menu. This is a totally new open system that any developer can tap into. There are multiple examples on GitHub, and we provide instructions for developing on Hax's LivePanel API on thehax.org.

Instead of your choosing apps to place on the dock, Hax uses a more familiar approach of putting your recent apps along the bottom, similar to a taskbar on a PC. Also like a PC, open up the Main Menu by pressing the circular start button in the dock. And you still get your chosen apps in the Main Menu, now in a scrollable list of app panels. Just drop an app on the dock at the bottom of the homescreen. If you want to remove apps from the main menu, swipe them left or right, off the list.

You can kill any running apps in the dock by swiping the icon upward. (Root may be required for full functionality. See Advanced under Launcher Settings to enable.)

Push notifications are built in to facilitate instant updates (and maybe a chat channel in the future...).

Universal search is built in. Nevermind Google's crippled search (and thanks a heap for that, Apple). Search the web, contacts, and installed applications right from the Main Menu. (This is still a very early feature and will be expanded in the future.)

Check out SimpleWeatherPlugin, one of the currently available LivePanel plugins.

Last edited:

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
Changelog

• Initial Market Release

• This release should resolve just about all the major bugs that I've been collecting reports from.
  • Fixed widgets!
  • Easy access to changing the default launcher.
  • MASSIVE speed increases.
  • Search and Panel framework updates.
  • Some small ui changes, (full screen search and settings, new settings icon.)
  • Slightly updated search behavior.
  • Chat service. Lol, this is just something I thought would be cool. Email me for access!
  • Updated a few things for maturity rating.

Last edited:

frenzyboi

May 11, 2012
Website said application will be targeted from cupcake to jellybean yet the launcher is targeted on Android v4?

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Interesting launcher? Not really sure what to say about it.. its sorta different but it is different. I'll stick with apex for now, thanks though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nightfire37

May 26, 2012
Florida
What is the OS requirement? I vannot install this because it say its incompatible. I wish I can get the apk so I can test this

Sent from my Chip 1.5 ROM + Entropy512's Kernal Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 U.S.

dwaynet89

Oct 9, 2012
Same here, looks interesting but it says it's not compatible with my device. I have a photon on 2.3.5 hybrid rom. It's the any other way to get the apk?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

nightfire37

May 26, 2012
Florida
Same here, looks interesting but it says it's not compatible with my device. I have a photon on 2.3.5 hybrid rom. It's the any other way to get the apk?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I'm runnin 2.3.6 and I would really want to play around this launcher. So far based on the comments on the play store, its ICS or higher :/

nightfire37

May 26, 2012
Florida
It looks really good. I enjoy something different.

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I could not add a BeaWeather widget. I selected it but it never showed up in my screen. I was able to add a PhoneWeaver widget with no problem.

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hax Launcher is a new take on the conventional Android launcher.

The Android Launcher game is dull, only a few launchers out there really redefine the way the Android launcher works. We are one of those. Our goal is to provide something fresh, but familiar enough to fully utilize from the moment you pick it up. Hax Launcher is still early in development, and features are being added all the time. Let's highlight a few differences between Hax and other launchers out there.

Instead of having lots of information spread out across multiple screens, we try to provide you with a more focused layout, targeting whatever you want to access the moment you want to access it.

ss1_f.png

Hax Launcher uses a custom system of LivePanels. These are third party applications that provide a simple widget-like behavior in the launcher's Main Menu. This is a totally new open system that any developer can tap into. There are multiple examples on GitHub, and we provide instructions for developing on Hax's LivePanel API on thehax.org.

Instead of your choosing apps to place on the dock, Hax uses a more familiar approach of putting your recent apps along the bottom, similar to a taskbar on a PC. Also like a PC, open up the Main Menu by pressing the circular start button in the dock. And you still get your chosen apps in the Main Menu, now in a scrollable list of app panels. Just drop an app on the dock at the bottom of the homescreen. If you want to remove apps from the main menu, swipe them left or right, off the list.

You can kill any running apps in the dock by swiping the icon upward. (Root may be required for full functionality. See Advanced under Launcher Settings to enable.)

Push notifications are built in to facilitate instant updates (and maybe a chat channel in the future...).

Universal search is built in. Nevermind Google's crippled search (and thanks a heap for that, Apple). Search the web, contacts, and installed applications right from the Main Menu. (This is still a very early feature and will be expanded in the future.)

Check out SimpleWeatherPlugin, one of the currently available LivePanel plugins.
    Changelog

• Initial Market Release

• This release should resolve just about all the major bugs that I've been collecting reports from.
    • Fixed widgets!
    • Easy access to changing the default launcher.
    • MASSIVE speed increases.
    • Search and Panel framework updates.
    • Some small ui changes, (full screen search and settings, new settings icon.)
    • Slightly updated search behavior.
    • Chat service. Lol, this is just something I thought would be cool. Email me for access!
    • Updated a few things for maturity rating.
    Bugs/Issues/Quirks
    • Some widgets (those with configuration activities) do not add to the workspace.
    • No way to add apps to the "dock" directly from the app drawer.
    • No landscape mode.
    • No tablet support.
    and one more just cuz
    Ive got an update sitting on my computer, but its not totally finished yet. I also recently started a new offshoot app called has chat that has been taking up some time. Be on the lookout for that app here in the next week or so, and an update to hoax chat soon after.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium