[DEV][WiP][3G/GSM] JellyBean for the TF101G [SEMI-SOLUTION]

Search This thread

capsman

Jul 15, 2008
Off-topic: Calendar wont sinc... says no calendars :S

Here syncing with ms exchange server (contacts, emails, calendar) is allright.
3G only with PPP Widget.

Thanks a lot for this 3G ROM!

edit:
1) I cannot delete the notifications in the bottom-bar. There's no cross like in ICS (eMails / downloads).
2) Video Studio crashes.
3) GPS seems not to work.

Last edited:

ashes

Here syncing with ms exchange server (contacts, emails, calendar) is allright.
3G only with PPP Widget.

Thanks a lot for this 3G ROM!

edit:
1) I cannot delete the notifications in the bottom-bar. There's no cross like in ICS (eMails / downloads).
2) Video Studio crashes.
Just to confirm, +1.
It works with the ppp widget.

Where can i download gapps for this rom ?

Jac0verflow

Jan 27, 2011
This is super awesome! :D
I would be glad to help.

But... Is there any chance to get GSM working on this rom?
I mean, PPP widget should "only" enable 3G data connection, am I wrong?

xabyto

Apr 20, 2009
Gijón
Great! thanks for thinking of the 3G. I have a question, cyano volume is very low, there is something to increase it?

mrwolf85

Mar 5, 2011
Can i flash over a cm10 nightly or i must wipe everything?

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

dumbdroid

Oct 13, 2011
Here is another thankfull 101g owner, downloading and testing asap!

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using XDA Premium HD app

serafis

Jul 29, 2010
Wellington
Front vidcam, Gallery stops working

I really like this ROM and hope you have time to continue improving it (and get internal 3G working!)

If I use the inbuilt camera, switch to the front camera and then try to start the video recorder, Gallery stops working. Video recording works fine on the rear camera.

Logcat attached, this is what I logcat'd:

1. Start Camera from home screen (it's already on front camera)
2. Touch the vidcam icon
3. Gallery stops working, click OK
4. Stop debugging

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    35.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: pippoparecchio
First of all I want to thank you for your great job!
Finally I can use my great tablet with the last version of the greatest OS :)

As previously notified by other users, video recording FC when I to record myself, maybe I'm too ugly :D

At the moment no other bugs found.

May I ask you just one question? Have you ever though to join your efforts with an existing ROM in order to do not make twice the work?

Leo

Inviato dal mio Transformer Pad con Tapatalk 2

serafis

Jul 29, 2010
Wellington
SMS doesn't work

Hi, SMS doesn't work on mine, (in or out), possibly same issue as 3G not working? Do you want a logcat for this and if so, what to log?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda, I think we've worked very hard on JellyBean roms and there are numerous famous releases, like
    • Team EOS 3
    • My CyanogenMod 10
    • My LiquidSmooth
    • Paranoid Android

But unfortunately, those roms were made for the Asus Transformer TF101, and TF101G users had to either stay at ICS or miss their 3G/GSM functionality.

I think it's time to resolve this problem.

Without a further due, here is my test-build of CM10 with 3G+GSM enabled : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31119007/xda/tf101-cm-3g-test.zip

PLEASE NOTE: You can achieve full 3G functionality with this rom, all you have to do is use 'PPP widget' from the play store. Several users confirmed this working. I am looking for a better solution, though.

Please do not expect this to work at all.
    The rom will boot, but since I have no TF101G model, I cannot test 3G/GSM functionality.

What I need is people with a TF101G, willing to flash this and report back, in a constructive way (logcat).

Please remember that this is a dev thread.
    No off-topic discussion here, please. Only development and topic related posts.

If you want to support this project, just hit 'thanks'.

Your move, xda community :) !

P.S.: My source will be on github soon. I am still working on the Divemaster kernel; it's my top priority for now.
    It's my first time trying to retrieve a logcat... I've followed this thread without success... It returns nothing.

There are no error message when i try to add an APN manually. It simply not save my APN data.

But, when I go to Settings/More.../Mobile networks/Network operators it returns "Error while searching for networks". I've no "bars" on gsm strength icon near the clock...

With Android Revolution HD 3.4.3 3G i've no trouble at all... It's an ICS ROM, but it show me that the hardware is working properly.

I appreciate your effort. Nobody else seams to bother with this device. Please tell me how can I be more helpfull. ;)
    This is great work, but I'm having exactly the same problem here. 3G options are all there, but 3G won't connect. APN list is empty and can't add a new APN. Searching for network operators gives an error.

Also, in Settings / About Tablet, Baseband is showing as Unknown.

ARHD3.4.3 3G works fine here too. ARHD inital setup works like stock ROM - it defaults correctly to New Zealand and automatically sets language, timezones (and maybe baseband etc?).

But I had exactly the same problem problem (3G not working, Baseband Unknown) in Revolver 4 3G too. And neither JB3G nor Revolver initial setup will default my location to NZ, I have to manually set timezone. Could this be anything to do with me being in way-out little-old New Zealand (rather than US/Europe)? Mine is the WW (Worldwide) TF101G model.

I'll try a Logcat tonight when I get home. Happy to try anything else to help or provide any other information - very keen to have this working.

Thanks.

P.S The "PPP Widget" app works fine and allows 3G to connect once configured, so the hardware's all good.
    Front vidcam, Gallery stops working

I really like this ROM and hope you have time to continue improving it (and get internal 3G working!)

If I use the inbuilt camera, switch to the front camera and then try to start the video recorder, Gallery stops working. Video recording works fine on the rear camera.

Logcat attached, this is what I logcat'd:

1. Start Camera from home screen (it's already on front camera)
    2. Touch the vidcam icon
    3. Gallery stops working, click OK
    4. Stop debugging

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
    I can confirm PPP Widget works fine :) (it didn't work in other CM10 roms)

Off-topic: Calendar wont sinc... says no calendars :S

Morning ..

Did you solve this no calendar issue ?
    I've flashed different gapps packages, and no way to have calendar syncing ...
    Thanks for the reply. I flashed KatKiss 4.22 last night and was very impressed, however I could not get the kernel add on and or the PPP widget running. To be honest I really wanted 3G to be running innate and as such have reverted back to Android Revolution ICS. Which is not as nice but at least it all works. I came across some great work by RaymanFX and others but it appears to have all dried up around Feb/March and i think times have finally caught up with the 101.
    Lets hope Timduru continues with 4.3 and gets it as good as 4.22.

Raskern, try josteink's no name nightlies.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2159089

i'm currently running on 4.2.2 and with CrossBreeder it works really fast and snappy.
    no problems with 3G either although its experimental.

There's 4.3 also as below but I would want to wait a while more before anything else as I'm using my TF101G for work also.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2402752