Chrome browser on Nook Tablet

Search This thread

GameProfessor

Mar 23, 2009
Hi folks,

I love the chrome browser and want to see it run on my Nook Tablet.
Is this possible ? Has anyone thought about it ? I guess there must be some way to hack the apk to install it on older SDK.

Cheers,
DA

GameProfessor

Mar 23, 2009
Thanks. I have a 16GB. So one way is to flash to CM10 0.02 then install Chrome.
However i'm not really into flashing my NT, considering there might be some risk of bricking if I mess up the process.
Is it possible to do the other way around: ie. to hack Chrome apk to make it compatible with rooted 2.3.4 ?

May 10, 2012
Indiana
To my understanding, there are several of kernel level standards that need to be met for a ROM to use Google Chrome for Android, and I don't believe it there are very many, if any, stock gingerbread devices that can use Chrome. I will point out, however, that Chrome works on CM9 0.05.1 except for adjusting settings. I've used it for a while now.

evodev

May 1, 2012
LA county
If you Google it there is an apk floating around with most restrictions removed. But its meant for 4.0 without market access. Try dolphin browser if you can't get it to work

Sent from my NookTablet using xda app-developers app

mknap

Sep 14, 2012
I looked for the longest time as well and couldn't find any way to do chrome on stock NT16. I finally bit the bullet and am playing around with CM9 and CM10. The mods are very cool and I will keep using them but there are some stability issues. There is some very nice development activity going on still and I am hoping this will smooth out.

However, that being said,I am not as impressed with mobile chrome as I had hoped. If you don't want to flash a non-stock ROM,I would go with dolphin browser as previously suggested.

If you do get chrome on stock please share here.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using xda app-developers app

I looked for the longest time as well and couldn't find any way to do chrome on stock NT16. I finally bit the bullet and am playing around with CM9 and CM10. The mods are very cool and I will keep using them but there are some stability issues. There is some very nice development activity going on still and I am hoping this will smooth out.

However, that being said,I am not as impressed with mobile chrome as I had hoped. If you don't want to flash a non-stock ROM,I would go with dolphin browser as previously suggested.

If you do get chrome on stock please share here.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using xda app-developers app

I know this is an old thread, but I found and loaded Chrome on my 8gb tablet as well as on my mobile phone, neither of which are running ICS.

The Nook is stock ROM rooted.

If interested, I can attach the apk I used.

I'm not particularly impressed with it, but it runs. Of the browsers I have tried, I would rank it a bit faster than stock, but slower than Dolphin and Opera Mini. Firefox is not nice at all.

Opera is still my favorite. The home screen is nicely suited to tablet viewing.

eileencairns

Apr 1, 2013
chrome on nook

I know this is an old thread, but I found and loaded Chrome on my 8gb tablet as well as on my mobile phone, neither of which are running ICS.

The Nook is stock ROM rooted.

If interested, I can attach the apk I used.

I'm not particularly impressed with it, but it runs. Of the browsers I have tried, I would rank it a bit faster than stock, but slower than Dolphin and Opera Mini. Firefox is not nice at all.

Opera is still my favorite. The home screen is nicely suited to tablet viewing.

could you please attach the apk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You got an 8GB or a 16GB? Cause' you can get Chrome browser on CM9 and if you have a 16GB, use CM10 0.02 to get Chrome.