Android 4.2 Camera/Gallery "Working!"

Search This thread

Seedyh

Feb 19, 2012
Testing on CM10 nightly on GS3 and looking excellent. I've had issues with 3rd party camera apps (unable to connect to camera etc) and not all that keen on the stock CM camera, this looks like it might be perfect,

gary7dayz

Sep 11, 2012
Kilmarnock
Zip install failed.

Just installed the zip file for the 4.2 camera and when I rebooted my gs3 I9300 running paranoid android the camera is just the same!!:rolleyes: Happy with the keyboard so far I'm just gonna wait till there is a paranoid android rom based on 4.2........!!!

Last edited:

gfreeman86

Apr 15, 2010
Works flawless on my S3 (GT-I9300) with Stock Samsung Jelly Bean.
Nice that if you do not remove the stock apks, you remain with two Camera and two Gallery icons with different images :)
Thank you veeeery much!!

sancho55

Oct 22, 2010
Works like a charm and super smooth on tmous HD2 too , running AOKP 4.1.1. Only downie is sphere (which to tell u the truth i have no idea how should function). It has some screen tearing in that department. Everything else is smooth as butter, love the new camera.
Don't forget to check the main thread linked in first post since new versions are coming up daily there , current one is from yesterday and thats the one i'm using atm (t04)

Last edited:

zeddock

Jul 8, 2007
Shoot. Just saw this.
Anyone care to share?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

jamfreak

Feb 3, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Shoot. Just saw this.
Anyone care to share?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Uploaded the patched v2 .zip from yesterday to my Google Drive account....message me your Gmail and ill give you access ;)

Bootloader 1.12 / S-on
Retired phone:
HTC Evo4g OG

Last edited:

gary7dayz

Sep 11, 2012
Kilmarnock
Haha I didn't see it for looking right at it lol. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Now I'm getting the message can't connect to the camera!!

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Working fine now after a reboot.

Greenforty

Oct 12, 2012
help

Does anyone know how to install on GNex (GSM) running stock android.
I installed the Zip and rebooted my device and then it says "Gallery stopped". so I can't run the camera because then I get the error again.

linds0r

Sep 24, 2012
One thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of HDR.

The pics from the Nexus 7 show HDR as an option from the camera menu: (tried to submit a URL from the techchrunch review of Nexus 4 but I'm a noob)

But HDR is missing when running this app on my GS3. Same for everyone else? Will build.prop fix this?

m-cat

Mar 19, 2011
Photo Sphere kinda working

Hey all, i'm on vzw gs3, cm10, and i everything works great. Only issue is, if you revert the build prop back to normal camera freezes and you have to reboot. other than that though It's flawless, the video camera even works perfectly.

dycz21

Oct 20, 2012
only works for JB? does it work for custom ROM like cm9? or cm10 only?

tjblotto

Mar 5, 2011
Is there a way to get this working in conjunction with the old JB camera?

This new one isn't bug proof, and I'd hate to flash it every time I want to make a photosphere.

:confused:

g3ckospy

Feb 4, 2012
At my crib
does this app works in all android phones running JB?.. i was just curious since it is posted here in note section..

Top Liked Posts