FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][NAND|EXT3] Code Butter <"Cross Platformed!"> (RC3/Build 20130414)

729 posts
Thanks Meter: 279

By BrianXP7, Senior Member on 28th October 2012, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2012, 09:29 PM |#41  
Flag Bacau
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7

I'm considering adding the updated ADW.Launcher into the ROM. It looks great but there might be some performance issues. Who agrees?

There are some serious problems with it which include lag, restarts/going back to bootanimation just because is too complex, and not well optimized for low end devices (or old devices). LauncherPro is based on GB Launcher, so it's (at least in my opinion) the best launcher (the most performant) around here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ady_95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ady_95 Ad-Free
2nd November 2012, 11:46 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member

More
I have to agree on that. It does have issues, but the Jelly Bean style launcher looks amazingly good. Honestly, it's faster than Holo Launcher. But since it does have issues and you'd prefer LauncherPro, I'll put the ADW.Launcher idea on hold.

I might revert the kernel to overclock by default because it seems to be more buggy. I played around with the Dalvik Just In Time recompiler and there seems to be less issues at initial boot.

I tried Angry Birds Lite Beta. The results weren't good.
2nd November 2012, 11:58 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member

More
Lightbulb Update: Build 20121102 (November 2, 2012)
Update: Build 20121102 (November 2, 2012)
Download: CodeButter-GB-20121102-KOVSKY.zip
MD5: 492a6f5b64ea93b14769b28c3d3e9805

Changelog:
Code:
+Updated OI File Manager (v1.3)
+Reduced the maximum number of window manager events to 135 (build.prop)
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianXP7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BrianXP7 Ad-Free
3rd November 2012, 10:35 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:

...I might revert the kernel to overclock by default because it seems to be more buggy. I played around with the Dalvik Just In Time recompiler and there seems to be less issues at initial boot.,,

The "deadline" scheduler is also important to avoid overheatings because it lets calculate properly the percentage of CPU needed for the bandwidth requirement of each process and it reduces latency of any given single input/output so it increases read/write performance. From my point of view, it is completely necessary for our kovsky, even more when we use upper dalvik heaps. If you can't set it on boot by default, the last version of SetCPU controls it pretty good working with deadline scheduler.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady_95

... I know I shouldn't ask this here, but have any of you experienced that HW problem that when you slightly hit the phone, it shuts down just like you take out the battery? (ANSWER THIS JUST ON PM)

I only experiment HW key problems after using the phone for usb tethering if I set the screen on "stay awake" while charging and I unplug the phone and I press power off button to lock the screen. Therefore, I think it is caused by the suspend problem explained post before by CoolrunnerII.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
3rd November 2012, 04:34 PM |#45  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

The "deadline" scheduler is also important to avoid overheatings because it lets calculate properly the percentage of CPU needed for the bandwidth requirement of each process and it reduces latency of any given single input/output so it increases read/write performance. From my point of view, it is completely necessary for our kovsky, even more when we use upper dalvik heaps. If you can't set it on boot by default, the last version of SetCPU controls it pretty good working with deadline scheduler.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

I only experiment HW key problems after using the phone for usb tethering if I set the screen on "stay awake" while charging and I unplug the phone and I press power off button to lock the screen. Therefore, I think it is caused by the suspend problem explained post before by CoolrunnerII.

SetCPU could help with the deadline scheduler but it's a paid app and it needs a data folder with its settings. This would be best if noted in the Recommendations page in the Google Code wiki. You should add to it because I didn't completely understand it.

I disabled "Stay Awake" and left it overnight for it to charge. Hardware keys still won't work. That's why there's a temporary solution for it: zMooth Lite
3rd November 2012, 06:37 PM |#46  

More
Quote:

SetCPU could help with the deadline scheduler but it's a paid app and it needs a data folder with its settings. This would be best if noted in the Recommendations page in the Google Code wiki. You should add to it because I didn't completely understand it.

I disabled "Stay Awake" and left it overnight for it to charge. Hardware keys still won't work. That's why there's a temporary solution for it: zMooth Lite

For deadline I used the next init.d tweak (created by Einherjar Development Team) to set this scheduler by default on boot: edt_tweaks.zip

For hw keys problems you can also use "Button Savior" app. There is another app call "Load Monitor" that disable cpu suspend mode and maybe it can be a temporary solution for code butter rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
4th November 2012, 01:22 AM |#47  
OP Senior Member

More
The last time I applied init.d tweaks, it didn't boot. (Build 20121101) :P I experiment with the tweak you sent me.

I tried Button Savior before and I didn't like most commonly used features are only in the Pro version. zMooth Lite didn't take up that much space and did well enough for a Lite app. I might give Button Savior another chance.
4th November 2012, 01:30 AM |#48  
OP Senior Member

More
Update: Build 20121103 (November 3, 2012)
Update: Build 20121103 (November 3, 2012)
Download: CodeButter-GB-20121103-KOVSKY.zip
MD5: bf3edf77ed5d106ccf13accac191963f

Changelog:
Code:
*Changed CPU frequencies to 128 MHz to 614 MHz by default
*Changed Setup Wizard to OPTIONAL (build.prop)
+Added zMooth Lite
+Enabled Dalvik Just-In-Time Recompiler (build.prop)
4th November 2012, 07:23 PM |#49  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm thinking of releasing a Release Candidate soon. Any suggestions?

I reinstalled Ubuntu 12.10 x86 because it was getting too buggy. Anyone know about File Roller crashing when started?
And I had to redownload all my resources so I guess today's build will have to be skipped. (It doesn't seem to need anything else as of now.)

ADW.Launcher seem to have better performance with the correct settings. Is there a way to also flash a data folder into the ROM?

EDIT: It seems the startup crash on File Roller 3.6.0 is fixed in 3.6.1.1.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrianXP7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BrianXP7 Ad-Free
5th November 2012, 09:36 PM |#50  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm considering cooking up an EXT2/EXT3 ROM. Any suggestions on a ROM base? I'm testing some EXT ROMs now so I won't won't be releasing any new AND builds now.
6th November 2012, 08:00 AM |#51  

More
Quote:

I'm considering cooking up an EXT2/EXT3 ROM. Any suggestions on a ROM base? I'm testing some EXT ROMs now so I won't won't be releasing any new AND builds now.

Midnight Bundle's (GBX0B or GBX0C) or jerrytan93 TwizDroid V2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
code butter, htc kovsky, sony ericsson xperia x1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)