FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ICE CREAM SANDWICH IN SONY ERICSSON X10 MINI PRO (ROOT TO ROM) Windows and Linux

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By ddz334, Senior Member on 4th November 2012, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After such a marvelous rom from nAa in xda , it would be a shame to not have android 4 in our devices. So I thought to update my earlier posts especially new flashtool has simplified the process a lot.

Follow the Linux or windows path as suit.

Before you proceed further, understand that what you do to your phone is your business. Bricking it , unbricking it...all are part of the game. Back up all your contacts with google or export as a vcf file to your sd card for later use. Important sms if any can be save with sms backup app in play store. Apps can be saved with appsaver or titanium back up.

Windows : Next important step for windows users is that install Sony PC Companion from here : http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/pc-companion/ and install necessary components in it especially update service. Connect the phone ( with debugging mode turned on) at least once and make the computer recognize the device.

Windows : Then Windows users should install FlashTool latest from here : http://androxyde.github.com/index.html?1352012130000 (select both x10 mini pro and flashmode drivers). Then open the install location of flashtool and install the ggsetup-2.2.0.11.exe file inside and install Gordon’s Gate found in /drivers folder. Restart needed after this.

Linux : Meanwhile Linux users have another task to set up their device in the system.
  • Check whether the device is recognized in system by connecting with debugging enabled and typing in terminal – lsusb
  • it should be shown something like Bus 002 Device 018: ID 0fce:2138 Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. ID 0fce is the important part.
  • Then type in the terminal to install lib usb - sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0:i386
  • Next you should create a udev rule. Add in the terminal - gksudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
  • In the text editor paste these rules
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0fce", ATTRS{idProduct}=="3138", MODE="0666", OWNER="admin name"
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0fce", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2138", MODE="0666", OWNER="admin name"
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0fce", ATTRS{idProduct}=="adde", MODE="0666", OWNER="admin name"

admin name being your user id in Linux

Linux : restart udev by terminal - sudo restart udev

Linux : Then download the flashtool from http://androxyde.github.com/index.html?1352012130000 and extract it some where (you should have a 7zip extractor, inbuilt in ubuntu. Now you should have folder named FlashTool. Copy that folder to Downloads (or the place you like). Type in terminal to that folder – cd Downloads/FlashTool

Linux : open the flashtool typing the command - java -jar x10flasher.jar See that the phone is recognized in flashtool page before proceeding.
  1. [*]ROOTING YOUR DEVICE

Windows and Linux

open flash tool and select root.

1. INSTALLING RECOVERY

Windows
LinuxYou can access recovery by repeatedly pressing the return switch when boot logo appears.

1. UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER

Windows
  • before unlocking bootloader confirm that the sim lock with s1tool from http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...hmentid=713763
  • Select the Do Job button and proceed further only if the screen shows semc simlock certificate
  • in the flashtool select to unlock bootloader from plugins and follow the commands as exactly as told
Linux
  • unlock bootloader from flashtool (no S1 tool yet for Linux, but flash tool will unlock only if it finds the certificate. So you can move forward)
  1. INSTALLING THE KERNEL

Windows and Linux
  1. INSTALLING THE ROM
  • reboot the phone and enter the recovery
  • select factory wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache (in advanced) and system format (as kernel is changed)
  • then choose the zip card to install to select the rom first and gapps late
r

The happiness in your mind is not just that you have Android 4 on your phone but you have mastered the method of flashing and changing roms. Happy exploring.
See http://bijopaul.blogspot.in/search/label/Android.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ddz334 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddz334 Ad-Free

5th November 2012, 05:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question
I have an unlocked bootloader, recovery installed, nAa kernell, and minicm7. What of these steps can i skip?
Thanks
5th November 2012, 07:15 AM |#3  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 57

More
You can just flash kernel, wipe data/factpry settings, install ROM and GAPPS...
5th November 2012, 08:06 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

More
change kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by duleks

I have an unlocked bootloader, recovery installed, nAa kernell, and minicm7. What of these steps can i skip?
Thanks

yeah. start from installing kernel
9th November 2012, 02:22 PM |#5  

More
Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddz334

yeah. start from installing kernel

Thank you very mutch. I installed kernell and the rom, and it works good. But I am having a different problem now. Some of the apps i had on mini cm7, now consume twice as much memory for example facebook. And i cant move them to the sd card. I can move only a couple of apps. I even tried making an ext partition on the sd card, and the phone recognises it but still wont move the apps to it? Any ideas?
9th November 2012, 03:11 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 1,494

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you very mutch. I installed kernell and the rom, and it works good. But I am having a different problem now. Some of the apps i had on mini cm7, now consume twice as much memory for example facebook. And i cant move them to the sd card. I can move only a couple of apps. I even tried making an ext partition on the sd card, and the phone recognises it but still wont move the apps to it? Any ideas?

If you already have a partition, try the app Link2sd to move apps to the partition. Good luck

"This Story Ends Where It Began"
9th November 2012, 06:30 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX

If you already have a partition, try the app Link2sd to move apps to the partition. Good luck

Great, it works. Thanks. But for some reason it puts the apps on normal partition, not ext. Maybe i am not choosing the wright one. it asks me on the begining if its ext2, ext3, ext4, fat32/16. Dont know witch one to choose? Or maybe i should just format the card without partitions. I dont care where it puts them, just not on muy phone memory...
9th November 2012, 10:00 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 1,494

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Great, it works. Thanks. But for some reason it puts the apps on normal partition, not ext. Maybe i am not choosing the wright one. it asks me on the begining if its ext2, ext3, ext4, fat32/16. Dont know witch one to choose? Or maybe i should just format the card without partitions. I dont care where it puts them, just not on muy phone memory...

You'll have to select which partition you created. Worked flawlessly on my cellphone

10th November 2012, 09:34 AM |#9  
Recognized Developer
Flag PUNE
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Quote:

If you want to make a partition n move apps. Make ext4 since the access is fast. N if u DONT want to create a partition n move apps to sd, install titanium backup from market.. Long press the app which u want to move to sd. Then choose 'move to sd' thats it. Your done..!!
Note:it can move any app. No partition if titanium..!!

Sent from my X10MiniPro using xda premium
11th November 2012, 01:57 AM |#10  

More
Smile Thanks
Thanks everyone for your advice. I just deleted all the partitions, and transfered all the apps with link2sd. Works great. External partition is only for cache and some data, and i dont need that. Thank you all, you have been a lot of help...
28th June 2013, 04:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
i
can anybody help me...'?'
i install cwm recovery by almost all methods.....
but my xperia x10 mini pro ...won't go in cwm recovery....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)