Do you prefer touch wiz or after market launcher like NOVA?

Launcher of choice

• Stock samsung

Votes: 59 36.4%
  • Nova

Votes: 77 47.5%
  • Apex

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
Hmm well I am running nova and when I take my pen out note opens

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

How do you setup these profiles. . I have not seen this

Clear nova as your default, then select tw (you don't have to make it default just to see what I mean). Then plug in headphones and it goes to your music Page. You can change it around. I have a 5x3 player pro widget and play music widget. S pen and dock also have there own pages.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
My question was how do you set up these profiles .. How does tw know what page to go to

I cannot do what you suggest some I do not have tw installed at all

Last edited:

honki24

Oct 8, 2010
Go launcher, without a doubt. I tried TW for a while but the folder was awful.
  • Doesn't close the folder after clicking on an app
  • You can't uninstal from dragging and holding on trash
  • No customizable transitions
  • I don't like the stock weather widget, go widget gives you access to alarm, weather, calendar, and multiple locations (by swiping up or down)
  • Not able to adjust the grid size (you can in go)
  • I like the classy icon themes for the dock bar at the bottom, I don't like bubbly goofy colorful app links down in the bottom
  • I don't want to install Fbook, I like the go widget for Fbook.

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
My question was how do you set up these profiles .. How does tw know what page to go to

I cannot do what you suggest some I do not have tw installed at all

Its built into tw, the pages do it automatically.
Here's a screen of the Page it goes to when I plug in headphones http://db.tt/xoiSU8J8
I listen to headphones a lot at work so it's a nice feature for me.
The top widget is player pro, the bottom is Google play. One I download pandora I will add that too

Last edited:

mrnamster

Dec 7, 2007
Used to be hardcore Apex up until I couldn't use it on my GS3 with Paranoid Android. Been using Nova ever since. I'm a big fan of stock Android so TW just doesn't do it for me. I can't wait til we get an AOSP from, hopefully with Nova or Trebuchet built in.

Sent from the second version of a hefty "Note" pad.

I used Apex on my PA GS3 all the time. Currently using it on the N2. I like being able to adjust the # of columns/rows, remove the dock, resize any widget, and having my app launcher scroll vertically. My only gripe is that Titanium Backup doesn't back up my widgets (not sure if any other launchers did), but it does back up my shorcuts/folders.

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
I used Apex on my PA GS3 all the time. Currently using it on the N2. I like being able to adjust the # of columns/rows, remove the dock, resize any widget, and having my app launcher scroll vertically. My only gripe is that Titanium Backup doesn't back up my widgets (not sure if any other launchers did), but it does back up my shorcuts/folders.

The is a setting in tw to make the app drawer scroll vertically

sent from my awesomely huge Note II
sigpic2757720_4.gif

madsquabbles

Jan 31, 2009
well, i've gone back to adw ex. they've finally updated it to work with ics and jb. i actually like the new changes, but some may not.

aulwes

May 12, 2010
I would like to see a stock jb nexus 7 launcher. 7 items in the static row and 6x6. Google now on the top. But I do like the TW headphones and pen launcher pages.

goldt

Dec 27, 2008
I have a few problems using Nova.
First the sms widget doesn't get updated. Calendar widget that is in a full layout in Touch Wiz, in Nova and other launchers shows up in a week layout.

Anyone one know how to fix this?

mxl180

Nov 2, 2008
One of the benefits of Nova is backing up your screens / shortcuts / widgets. Then restoring them when flashing roms.

bxreppa@yahoo.com

Nov 11, 2008
BRONX
Touch wiz is sexy and featured powerful. Galaxy note can't be touched due to its many features and thats cause of touch wiz. Why degrade an amazing product.

mindtrust1

Dec 26, 2012
If there was a way to hide all the apps of similar interest under just one icon than I would use touch wiz but when you create a folder for say social apps there all cramed in and looks scattered most people that use tw only use 1 icon instead of putting multiple apps of similar interest in one folder .. So my question for all you tw lovers where do you hide all your apps of similar interest without showing clutter if I could fix this one issue I would use touchwiz ... So suggestions are appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Nova Prime + Tesla Unread + APW + WidgetLocker = FTW. TWiz is effing hideous, has no customization, the widgets are horrendous and the few features it has aren't worth dealing with my phone looking like ass to keep since there are better alternatives for most of them and all of the S-Pen and MW features work without it. The only thing that doesn't work is Page Buddy and that feature is annoying anyways, I dont always want to go to S Note everytime I remove the S-Pen or go to the Music apps cuz I plugged my headphones.

I like to break stuff! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TOUCH WIZ!!

Touch Wiz and all its features can't be touched.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    Nova Prime + Tesla Unread + APW + WidgetLocker = FTW. TWiz is effing hideous, has no customization, the widgets are horrendous and the few features it has aren't worth dealing with my phone looking like ass to keep since there are better alternatives for most of them and all of the S-Pen and MW features work without it. The only thing that doesn't work is Page Buddy and that feature is annoying anyways, I dont always want to go to S Note everytime I remove the S-Pen or go to the Music apps cuz I plugged my headphones.

I like to break stuff! :D
    TOUCH WIZ!!

Touch Wiz and all its features can't be touched.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Not sure if serious...?

Can't resize widgets, can't change grid size, no scrollable dock, etc.

The modded touchwiz launcher is OK with increased grid sizes, but still too limited. I use Go Launcher. They update it like every Friday, good support, lots of themes, animations, etc.

Well I bought Nova Launcher Prime for 25 cents so I use that :)
    My launcher of the month is Smart Launcher, before that it was Nova.

uploadfromtaptalk1362019869516.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362019893200.jpg

Sent from my GNote2 using Tapatalk 2