[ROM] Evervolv | 3.2.0p1 [AOSP]

Search This thread

Kevin1a

Jun 27, 2007
Colorado Springs
I am using the 11/1 nightly and i dont have the usb problem. The issues i am having is some widgets are making the phone reset and while talking on the phone the display doesnt always want to turn back on by itself. I have to push the power button but even then it takes multiple tries.

I'm getting the USB mount reboot too but I'm on 10/31. Might be the same cause as the reboots i described earlier that I'm getting with agenda widget and go weather. Noticed your phone display issue too. Still a great ROM though!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
So I've got a feature that I've put some decent work into and I need some feedback. Basically it's a cross between the recent apps view and the Galaxy style notification widgets (Most of you know as cm power widgets). To open this up, we've made it so you just long-press the statusbar:

NewQwikWidgets.png

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
So I've got a feature that I've put some decent work into and I need some feedback. Basically it's a cross between the recent apps view and the Galaxy style notification widgets (Most of you know as cm power widgets). To open this up, we've made it so you just long-press the statusbar:

NewQwikWidgets.png

This is awesome! Thanks btw, it's good to see you here.

Sent from my EVO

Kenpoman

Apr 22, 2010
Dark side of the moon
This Rom is coming along nicely. it is more than stable enough for my daily and it is super fast.
I may be tempted to keep my evo longer just because of the work going on here

the settings widgets look awesome. are they in the 11/5 nightly? or do we have to wait.

Last edited:

JusticeAA

Dec 29, 2008

That looks great, very innovative. If there was a way to activate it by a right swipe on the statusbarexpanded (like 4.2) that would awesome as well.

Keep up the good work.

SuperiorEVOlution18

Apr 20, 2012
Baltimore
Been Following both drew and JMZ on twitter and its sweet these guys are working together. Two great Devs and imo the best JB rom we can get. Thanks for the work drew

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jamieg71

smithjohnatpa

Nov 10, 2009
first time installing this rom on htv evo 4g

Hi

I am planning to install first time this ROM on my HTC ego 4g which is running cm10 supersonic latest version.

Question I have is
1 Do I need to do full wipe?
2. Which gapps version I need to use? I don't see any gapps link in op.
3. Do I need to Change anything else except installing zips from cwr clockwork recovery.

Thanks.
JS

partyman1971

Sep 17, 2010
Wichita
Hi

I am planning to install first time this ROM on my HTC ego 4g which is running cm10 supersonic latest version.

Question I have is
1 Do I need to do full wipe?
2. Which gapps version I need to use? I don't see any gapps link in op.
3. Do I need to Change anything else except installing zips from cwr clockwork recovery.

Thanks.
JS

It is always wise to wipe when installing a different ROM.

Here is a Gapps version that will run with this.

http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps#Jelly_Bean_.28Android_4.1.x.29

you should be ok with everything else, i would reccomend smelkus, but to each their own. You will like this ROM, it is very fast and very stable.

mhwarfield

Aug 19, 2011
Lilburn, GA
I've gotten a very weird error trying to install either the latest nightly or the 3.1.0a1 release. Wipe cache and data and install. Goes to recovery and formats the data area and attempts to install the ROM. Install aborts saying "not all symlinks created" "Error log created" (locations) "Open ROM Manager and report". I then have to jump restore from my last backup.

I'm on Clockwork Mod which has never given me a problem on CM7, Decks ICS, JMZs CM9 or on his CM10s.

**** Edit ****

Recovery completed and got to the report.log in /sdcard/clockwordmod/

Failed to mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 on /system: Device or resource busy
mtd mount of system failed: Device or resource busy
Installing Evervolv
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/AndroidTerm.apk"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk"
:
minzip: Extracted file "/system/etc/TPA2018.csv"
minzip: Error writing 8192 bytes from zip file from 0xbe9ba914: No space left on device
minzip: Can't extract entry to file.
minzip: Error extracting "/system/etc/WPDB.zip"
Creating symlinks
symlink: failed to symlink /system/xbin/pwdx to busybox: Out of memory
symlink: failed to symlink /system/xbin/rdev to busybox: Out of memory
symlink: failed to symlink /system/xbin/readlink to busybox: Out of memory

The failure to mount the system block device seems to be at the heart of it. I'm going to jump back into recovery and try doing this manually... :p

**** Edit 2 ****

Went into recovery, manually wiped / factory reset, wiped cache, installed 3.1.0a1 ROM successfully. Back on track.

Last edited:

mirage1234

Mar 6, 2012
I have been using the JMZ CM10 rom. JMZ had a few things incorporated that I hope to see here...(1) 9016 text messages was handled, no longer popped up to annoy user; (2) power button options at top of notification menu which was very handy, and (3) could manage number of home screens which I can not find with this rom...

I hope to get similiar battery performance with this rom as JMZ which was outstanding. Together you guys should make a very good team.

Cheers.

Reactions: mhwarfield

rob_z11

I've gotten a very weird error trying to install either the latest nightly or the 3.1.0a1 release. Wipe cache and data and install. Goes to recovery and formats the data area and attempts to install the ROM. Install aborts saying "not all symlinks created" "Error log created" (locations) "Open ROM Manager and report". I then have to jump restore from my last backup.

I'm on Clockwork Mod which has never given me a problem on CM7, Decks ICS, JMZs CM9 or on his CM10s.

**** Edit ****

Recovery completed and got to the report.log in /sdcard/clockwordmod/

Failed to mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 on /system: Device or resource busy
mtd mount of system failed: Device or resource busy
Installing Evervolv
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/AndroidTerm.apk"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk"
:
minzip: Extracted file "/system/etc/TPA2018.csv"
minzip: Error writing 8192 bytes from zip file from 0xbe9ba914: No space left on device
minzip: Can't extract entry to file.
minzip: Error extracting "/system/etc/WPDB.zip"
Creating symlinks
symlink: failed to symlink /system/xbin/pwdx to busybox: Out of memory
symlink: failed to symlink /system/xbin/rdev to busybox: Out of memory
symlink: failed to symlink /system/xbin/readlink to busybox: Out of memory

The failure to mount the system block device seems to be at the heart of it. I'm going to jump back into recovery and try doing this manually... :p

**** Edit 2 ****

Went into recovery, manually wiped / factory reset, wiped cache, installed 3.1.0a1 ROM successfully. Back on track.

Go with Smelkus AMON RA, and it is the best. I gave up on CWM longtime ago when I was using that for my Viewsonic GTablet to HP Touchpad. Never felt comfortable using CWM.

Do you have your sdcard partitioned to EXT4?

Reactions: smelkus

MarkEv0

Mar 7, 2011
Hi I install the jb 4.2 gapps on latest nightly and works great

Someone posted it in this forum i believe.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352237192925.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352237192925.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 280

mhwarfield

Aug 19, 2011
Lilburn, GA
Go with Smelkus AMON RA, and it is the best. I gave up on CWM longtime ago when I was using that for my Viewsonic GTablet to HP Touchpad. Never felt comfortable using CWM.

Do you have your sdcard partitioned to EXT4?

Yes, and had it working under JMZ CM10.

I've had to drop back. It did install after a manual wipe and I ran "a2sd install" after su but I have a lot of apps and it keeps complaining about out of storage and I'm not seeing where it's out of storage. All the file systems seem to have plenty of capacity. That was on 3.1.0a1. I'll try a nightly shortly. It does appear that a2sd is working as the apps and thier data is appearing on the second partition of the sdcard. Davic cache was also moved. Still "insufficient" storage even though there's plenty of space on both /data and the second storage (which is mounted properly.).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't posted here in awhile, and I've got 3 other devices to post for tonight so this is gonna be short and updated later.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv nightlies & releases

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

** Resetting for 3.2 release **

GPS?

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

Or maybe since the end of the world is near they said screw it why even bother :confused:

In all seriousness, Evervolv is available on multiple platforms. Some may take longer to get working than others. Grouper and Manta are the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 devices, which already has the 4.2.x upgrade so of course those would be one of the first to get this ROM. In regards to our specific device, only the Evo LTE and Evo3D have had theirs released by @preludedrew. And of those two the LTE version was pulled due to connectivity issues.

To all who want to know when our device gets a release:

1.) Download Twitter or some variant
    2.) Follow @preludedrew
    3.) Patiently wait for him to say when it is available.

Any available release would be posted on his Twitter feed before here.

Couldn't have said it better myself ^^

Yes we're just having a tough time getting this device working with 4.2. Along with the fact that most of us are 2+ devices past these ones (although this doesn't pull us from committing to them, just strained between devices).

NewQwikWidgets.png
    So 4.3 is booting on qsd8k devices. I'm going to do some work on it tonight, however I do not have my evo to test. It's currently en route to elginsk8r for him to work on a 3.0 kernel. That being said, if I could get a few testers that can dedicate a little time ( hopefully tonight ), we can get at least a preview release out. If not, get nightlies going for Evervolv 3.3 ( Android 4.3 ). Please hop on IRC ( irc.freenode.net -- http://www.evervolv.com/chat/ ). If you see this message after tomorrow evening, please don't come on irc asking for test builds, as I really would like to get this done in the next two nights.
    Update!
    Code:
    [01:07] <@preludedrew> CaptainThrowback, supersonic enabled on nightlies
    And that's KitKat, baby!

What doesn't work: WiMax, FFC
    What still needs to be fixed: Video Camera (doesn't save files), Flash (Torch not working either), a2sd(?)
    What does work: Everything else :)

So I think the first Nightly will show up tomorrow, but anyone that wants to help work out those remaining issues is welcome to jump in and do so.

Let's keep this legendary device alive and kicking!