FORUMS

[ROM][GT-N7100][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 [UNOFFICIAL][DISC.]

1,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,587
 
By imilka, Retired Recognized Developer on 2nd November 2012, 02:50 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
5th November 2012, 03:34 PM |#211  
mistman's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal Chicken

Is there any AOSP kernels which offer o/cing and undervolting?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 through the Space Time Continuum

At the moment no, but 1 dev earlier in this thread did say there would be 1 soon


Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
5th November 2012, 03:41 PM |#212  
kristofpetho's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zoetermeer
Thanks Meter: 7,674
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imilka

Yep that may be cause I still havent finished configuring audio.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Awesome imilka!

Also, the volume gets reset to max after unplugging the headset.
5th November 2012, 05:07 PM |#213  
Reb0rn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ulricehamn
Thanks Meter: 1,000
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal Chicken

Is there any AOSP kernels which offer o/cing and undervolting?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 through the Space Time Continuum

A kernel is on the way. And it's amazing! Makes every cm based rom I've tried really really snappy and battery efficient. No OC thou.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reb0rn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Reb0rn Ad-Free
5th November 2012, 07:29 PM |#214  
mistman's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn

A kernel is on the way. And it's amazing! Makes every cm based rom I've tried really really snappy and battery efficient. No OC thou.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Why no OC do you no ? If you don't mind me asking.



Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
5th November 2012, 07:32 PM |#215  
Reb0rn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ulricehamn
Thanks Meter: 1,000
 
More
Apparently the kernel creator doesn't think its necessary and have never added that feature to his kernels. Undervolting is possible thou.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reb0rn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Reb0rn Ad-Free
5th November 2012, 07:50 PM |#216  
mistman's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn

Apparently the kernel creator doesn't think its necessary and have never added that feature to his kernels. Undervolting is possible thou.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ahhh OK thanks for that, at least we can tweak UV

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
5th November 2012, 07:51 PM |#217  
Suicidal Chicken's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn

A kernel is on the way. And it's amazing! Makes every cm based rom I've tried really really snappy and battery efficient. No OC thou.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Damn it! I love Cyanogenmod, I need my overclocking though!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 through the Space Time Continuum
5th November 2012, 08:01 PM |#218  
simone201's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lecco
Thanks Meter: 4,931
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal Chicken

Damn it! I love Cyanogenmod, I need my overclocking though!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 through the Space Time Continuum

Well, be serious, do you REALLY need OC? Isn't it enough smooth and fast as is now?

Well my challenge is just to optiimised at max a kernel without the need of OCing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simone201 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simone201 Ad-Free
5th November 2012, 08:31 PM |#219  
Suicidal Chicken's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone201

Well, be serious, do you REALLY need OC? Isn't it enough smooth and fast as is now?

Well my challenge is just to optiimised at max a kernel without the need of OCing

I am being serious.
Is a 5.4ghz needed on an i5-2500k? Is 1.4ghz overclock needed on 2x nVidia 660ti NEEDED? No, its not. It's what I like to do, to get the most stable performance out of my hardware. Yes, it's smooth and fast at stock - however getting more performance is always a bonus dont you think?

You asked the question and I happily obliged by answering

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 through the Space Time Continuum
5th November 2012, 08:59 PM |#220  
simone201's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lecco
Thanks Meter: 4,931
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal Chicken

I am being serious.
Is a 5.4ghz needed on an i5-2500k? Is 1.4ghz overclock needed on 2x nVidia 660ti NEEDED? No, its not. It's what I like to do, to get the most stable performance out of my hardware. Yes, it's smooth and fast at stock - however getting more performance is always a bonus dont you think?

You asked the question and I happily obliged by answering

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 through the Space Time Continuum

Hahaha that's what i like to hear (i am an OCer on desktops - daily my 2500K is @4.5Ghz under watercooling and 5Ghz when benchmarking)

Anyway, NEAK is finally finished for Note2 (both sammy and aosp), just need another few days to finish my new app and then i will release it (weekend for sure).
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to simone201 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simone201 Ad-Free
5th November 2012, 09:30 PM |#221  
Suicidal Chicken's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simone201

Hahaha that's what i like to hear (i am an OCer on desktops - daily my 2500K is @4.5Ghz under watercooling and 5Ghz when benchmarking)

Anyway, NEAK is finally finished for Note2 (both sammy and aosp), just need another few days to finish my new app and then i will release it (weekend for sure).

Sounds good buddy. By the weekend I'll give CM10 a shot; Touchwiz never caught my fancy, but my God it's amazing on this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 through the Space Time Continuum
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes