FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Battery Status (v4.6.1.1) - Telerik controls, icon sets, globalization and more

329 posts
Thanks Meter: 314

By singularity0821, Senior Member on 1st November 2011, 11:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th July 2012, 11:25 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Finally got tired of dealing with this and uninstalled it. Too much trouble, and it's not getting updates anymore
15th July 2012, 03:06 AM |#512  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelito

Ya and I swap batteries so I don't have to charge or plug in my phone, the live tile constantly fails, this is a great app on a great premise it's just too bad it does not consistently update without me doing it myself

Sent from my Titan Tango Terrific using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Ok, but this is a FREE homebrew app, that "breaks" the Marketplace guidelines for app development. So there are bound to be little nits that may not work perfectly for everyone.

On my Surround, instead of prying off my hard shell and then prying off the back cover to switch out the battery, I simply picked up a few USB battery backups. Now I always have 7800mAh at my disposal. I can walk around the house with them and charge while I use my phone. I don't have a battery option for my L900, so the USB chargers really come in handy. Point is, there are options.

As I only reboot both phones on average once per month, dont have to worry much about losing the Battery Meter live tile. Maybe one in 5 times I have to reactivate the time and set back to update every 10 minutes. Otherwise, the app works perfectly on both phone. Sent a cup of coffee to this dev long ago for his hard work.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapo

Finally got tired of dealing with this and uninstalled it. Too much trouble, and it's not getting updates anymore

What kind of trouble. Works perfectly on both my phones.
Atlant1s
3rd August 2012, 12:36 AM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is it possible to disable the backtile? Or is there coding work needed?
6th November 2012, 04:31 PM |#514  
OP Senior Member

More
I am not sure if I am still welcome in this thread after abandoning this project for so long, and there's no excuse after how great you all have been in the months that I have spent working on the app!

I had a very busy time, with a lot to do for work and for university there simply wasn't any time for my own projects anymore. But well as I said before, there's no excuse for just disappearing and I am sorry for that.

I am still very busy, but I will go through all the unread emails and messages and I will answer each one of that even if I am really late with some..

Anyway, I have some good news. I have ported BatteryStatus to WP8, and it already passed certification and should be in the marketplace very soon. (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...2-9ca63a4f7014) Also, I am working on a completely rewritten version that makes use of all the great WP8 APIs. It should be ready very soon as well. Regarding the old WP7 version, I'll try to also fix some bugs there if it is still needed.

Thanks to those who supported me all the time, to those who find the time to read this and sorry to all of you for taking so much time to return to this project.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to singularity0821 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift singularity0821 Ad-Free
7th November 2012, 11:24 AM |#515  
Flag Stolberg
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Glad you're already working on a WP8 version. I always used your app on all my WP7 devices already. Even better that it'll be now an official app. Following your link tells me though that it is designed for 480x800, which isn't supported by Lumia 920. :/ Is that just because it's not available as of yet, or haven't you really changed the supported resolutions?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using XDA Windows Phone App
7th November 2012, 09:42 PM |#516  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp1977

Glad you're already working on a WP8 version. I always used your app on all my WP7 devices already. Even better that it'll be now an official app. Following your link tells me though that it is designed for 480x800, which isn't supported by Lumia 920. :/ Is that just because it's not available as of yet, or haven't you really changed the supported resolutions?

Thanks

Yes that's right. The current version is just the Windows Phone 7 version that I made compatible with WP8, so it is just the small resolution. The next version will feature all the resolutions, and the different live tile sizes, the lockscreen text and remaining time
The Following User Says Thank You to singularity0821 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift singularity0821 Ad-Free
7th November 2012, 10:37 PM |#517  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
is nice to hear you still over here Martin. I'm excited about the release for WP8. I'm still waitting for the release of the new lumia, so once i get it, i can test it and if you want, i still help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigwaveMx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BigwaveMx Ad-Free
8th November 2012, 12:37 AM |#518  
Flag Stolberg
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity0821

Thanks

Yes that's right. The current version is just the Windows Phone 7 version that I made compatible with WP8, so it is just the small resolution. The next version will feature all the resolutions, and the different live tile sizes, the lockscreen text and remaining time

That's really good news. I hope you'll keep the tile with the changing background color. That has always been my favorite. Let me know if you need a beta tester. I have a dev unlocked Lumia 920.

The Following User Says Thank You to dkp1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dkp1977 Ad-Free
8th November 2012, 07:16 AM |#519  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Great app, why don't you try to submit it to marketplace, seems to be possible.
8th November 2012, 07:25 AM |#520  
Flag Vyara
Thanks Meter: 9

More
good work..........
8th November 2012, 11:22 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 649

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausWidraw

Great app, why don't you try to submit it to marketplace, seems to be possible.

Because microsoft forbid this Sir
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, battery status, dllimport, live tile, mango

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)