Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2012, 03:18 AM |#521  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilC

Hello
I've been on RasBean + Trinity for around a month now. Good battery life, close to 4 hours screen on.
Lately I've been getting pretty quick battery drain, and by the end of the day, I'm on just above 3 hours screenon.

I recently started using Velis auto brightness control. Could that be the issue?
Are there any other stats and specifics that I need to mention for anyone to help me out? :P

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

go to this thread and get the latest betterbatterystats, and donate if you like by getting the paid version here.

also, get cpuspy here and report your results.
8th November 2012, 03:30 AM |#522  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,839

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaijin

go to this thread and get the latest betterbatterystats, and donate if you like by getting the paid version here.

also, get cpuspy here and report your results.

The same suggestions I made in the Rasbeanjelly thread to the same question there, BetterBatteryStats and CPUSpyPlus.
8th November 2012, 11:29 PM |#523  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417

Donate to Me
More
No probs here. Hope all is well

s2 dori 7.11rootbox nightly
shadowch31
8th November 2012, 11:35 PM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@Velis -Sorry for off topic but hows your little one coming along?
9th November 2012, 09:00 AM |#525  
OP Senior Member
Flag Radovljica
Thanks Meter: 1,024

More
Sorry for no activity guys, I get so little comp time lately
I have however managed to make some progress and have updated first post with a new version that has the following new additions:
  • Service will stop after a minute if auto brightness is disabled
  • Support for proprietary sensor solutions on Sony Xperia, SGS2
  • Updated translations: german, persian

This is not yet a release since I'd like to do two more things before I do that:
  1. Try to fix the graph freeze
  2. Create a first-start settings wizard

In order to do the first, this version (in the first post, not the market) contains some logging enhancements. I would ask someone with the problem to please drop me a mail with logcat @ level 9 (long press the proximity sensor reading values to set the level). All I need is a few seconds @ level 9 when the graph is not responding to light changes.

The second item will be a series of 4 - 5 dialogs asking the user about his basic preferences. I will make it so that even existing users will have the option of running this dialog.

Of course, I'm also interested in Xperia sensor support if any Xperia users are still following the thread. Maybe for the support to work correctly, apps like this will need to be active. The app should work even without that, but there may be some strange results because OS and app will fight for their brightness. Don't know what the OS does if an app sets its own brightness.

@shadowch: The baby is great, we're having so much fun. We already managed to get her to sleep during the nights (that's why I have no more comp time ) We're all going for a walk to lake Bled today.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to velis74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift velis74 Ad-Free
9th November 2012, 01:25 PM |#526  
Thanks Meter: 671

More
I'm going to be daddy at end of december as well

setting wizzard would be awesome, some people finds hard to understand some points.
9th November 2012, 01:45 PM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Lake Bled is such a beautiful place! I regret not visiting the church in the center of the lake last time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
9th November 2012, 02:56 PM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
@Velis, Spanish translation updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnderXP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UnderXP Ad-Free
9th November 2012, 03:13 PM |#529  
OP Senior Member
Flag Radovljica
Thanks Meter: 1,024

More
The wizard will introduce quite a few new strings.

I'm thinking of implementing some custom translation routines so that translators could verify the translations right away. Would that be helpful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2s

Lake Bled is such a beautiful place! I regret not visiting the church in the center of the lake last time.

You missed out on the wishing bell on that church as well
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velis74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift velis74 Ad-Free
9th November 2012, 03:37 PM |#530  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by velis74

I'm thinking of implementing some custom translation routines so that translators could verify the translations right away. Would that be helpful?

Are you already using http://crowdin.net/ ?

This would allow for translators to get notified of new strings and also you can see how much is already translated...

EDIT:
Maybe there's also a similar free service available; use Google to your advantage
9th November 2012, 03:53 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 671

More
Yes, auto notification would be lovely! Some of Lithuanian strings are not translated yet.

Sent from my GT-I9003
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, brightness, light, screen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)